Stiolto is failing

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by anonymous, Sep 17, 2015 at 11:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is a great product! All of our inhalers are. But, It died on the vine because we had no institutional pack. PUDs work in hospitals. The brand team that launched it failed, and then they got promoted.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ, GSK, and us all realized that LABA/LAMA's are a huge uphill battle. Heard GSK recently axed the Anoro force. Not sure if true but wouldn't be surprised.
    You have these drugs going up against drugs that were used for years (Advair, Symbicort), had strong data and are now generic. Why would a provider use a LABA/LAMA, especially with triples out there with the same co-pays?
    Just play taps and bury the damn thing.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

good lord. Enough with the excuses. You got a Spiriva hospital pack after complaining. How’s that working for you?

you have more excuses that someone on welfare.

just go sell. Quit bitching.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the hospital pack has nothing at all to do with this products failures. Most patients aren’t in the hospital and Drs would write is without one.
    The reason this product is dead are quite numerous.

too many drugs in the competition , with almost no data to say one is better than another. Spiriva, stiolto , Anoro , Incruse , bevespi, trelegy, etc etc etc.

A decent amount of Drs hate our inhaler. Granted , some Drs love it. It’s too complicated and patients screw it up regardless of how carefully they have it explained to them.

coverage. Seriously, open amp and look at it. Drs don’t care and think they are all the same , if insurance says one is covered they don’t have a choice. Even if they did care , they don’t have the time or ability to fight through all the prior auths.

Finally we have no ICS. I don’t care what our data says. There’s a role for an ICS in copd. We don’t make an inhaler that has an ICS. So if a dr wants to add it , they’d need to teach a patient a new device. Plus some Drs just want to use a triple for some patients , which we don’t have.

i like the idea of playing taps. Do it, spray some mist, bury the product in Ridgefield , and start from scratch.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rest In Mist Baby!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only because you have 100% coverage. When GSK got Medicaid exclusivity, that’s when you “killed” it! GSK is so unethical, wanting every stage of COPD patients on Trelegy. 61% asthma patients in the trial? Do you even know the difference between neutrophils and eosinophils? You couldn’t pay me enough to work there, I care too much about patients.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You may care but clearly the vast majority of the HCP's do not or CAN NOT.