Stock Price DOWN BIG

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by anonymous, Nov 29, 2018 at 11:38 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has the Giant jinx become even worse?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

unexpected?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Drop approaching 10% ...doubt anyone expected that.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What do you expect when our growth only comes from acquiring failed companies and cutting our reimbursement for a managed care market that now is killing us. Our peak was based on an unsustainable growth model and now the bills are coming due. We are on the way down now. Get ready for a sell off. 10% is just the beginning. All is lost.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

52-wk high 116.49
    52-wk low 87.40

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trending down...time for a new four point plan?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It will rebound Q1

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The impact of the little guy being felt?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only after a major correction, if not worse. The recent fall will bring further scrutiny. Sell now before all is lost.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Going to have to be a big ass rebound given the way things are going.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There will be no rebound. This free fall ride to the bottom is just getting started. The acquisition well is running dry. No one is left to prop up the illusion of meaningful growth. The bills are coming due and this pyramid scheme is far too obvious for investors to ignore anymore. In 3-5 years, Quest Diagnostics will be broken up into 7 or even 10 new regional labs. Anything left of our once great organization will have a new name, with a focus only on esoteric testing and a slim chance for survival. All is lost.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wouldn’t go as far as QD breaking apart unless they were forced to, but you are spot on otherwise. Just look at what we paid and continue to pay for these acquisitions and the real ROI. Lots of funny business with me numbers I bet. Major correction coming soon.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree that we were once a great or perhaps near great organization, but that time is now fading well into the past. Leadership is stale and true employee engagement has never been lower. But don't see any split or break up in short term future.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

just saw we are selling Athena. This could be the start

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Poor leadership and lack of employee engagement is rampant throughout Quest Diagnostics. But I don’t think it has been reflected in the value of the company, yet. Inorganic growth has been the Quest model to dominate the market at all cost, at the expense of the service we provide and the people we employ. No one, including management feels a connection to this place, and it shows. Just look at the comments here, to get a sense about the caliber of our employees. Now the other shoe is about to drop. Investors, high on the appearance of a well run growing company are now starting to see all the costs associated with the acquisitions. There was little return and in many cases, a negative return on the investments, horrific service from a company that grew too fast from acquisitions and no one left to buy to keep the pyramid scheme going. Anyone who thinks Quest is too big to fail, should ask someone old enough to tell them what we all thought about Smith Kline and where their lab division went, and why.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

very well said!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am old enough but view it as an apple and orange comparison. SmithKline lab division was an orphan child of a huge pharma focused company and did not at the time offer strategic or synergisitc value. Plus DGX was cleaning their clock in major markets. But I agree with the overall theme of your post.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Quest to big to fail no.
    BD not to big to fail either,keep an eye on BD share price .Q1 new year $50 maybe some spare change for the coffe machine.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The plunge continues.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How
    low
    can
    it
    go