Stock

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by anonymous, Jan 25, 2020 at 8:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why did the stock tank yesterday?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What goes up... it’s been a nice run of late, but the market is due to hit an air pocket. This next week will be interesting with amazon, Microsoft Apple and Fakebook all reporting q4.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Insiders know, issues with approval.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was actually related to the coronavirus in China. Videos on weibo ( Chinese Twitter) showing people staggering in the streets, overfilled hospitals with some people dying on the hospital floors seeking medical attention.

The whole market got hit. I wouldn't expect it to relent either considering the Chinese new year starts today, which if you know anything about travel patterns is a huge deal. Hilton, Delta pretty much anything in transport and tourism with algos tanking stocks unrelated to the virus because people also sell for security during times of pandemic.

Honestly I'm waiting till mid next week to buy into weakness. Back when sars was the thing stocks got hit am average of 10-12 percent. Albeit sars had like an 8% kill rate versus the 2-3 with coronavirus.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The entire market didn't take a hit, Gilead Sciences barely took a hit at all.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

‘Yeah but GILD was also at exactly the same price Friday as it was a year ago... and yes most of the market did get pounded pretty good on Friday, including most pharma.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My seeking alpha screen disagrees with you. Just about all stocks on my dash (60+) were red. Most losing 3-5 percent some losing 8-12

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What you are saying makes no sense unless you can explain why some pharm companies dipped and others rose! Novo Nordisk rose during this period and YTD went from 300DKK to 418DKK.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude there are hundreds of companies employing thousands of people spending millions of dollars trying to outperform the market. By definition half of these companies do worse than the market average. Also, one day does not make a trend. Jeez.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Novo are not huge compared to some of the big players,it's highly unlikely they spent millions that day trying to outperform the market!! They also have done better than the market average YTD so what....they've been spending millions per month with theyre 16 billion revenue? LOL!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Im not sure what strain you are smoking but you may want to move to one that has more CBD and less THC.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its clear your strain has more THC. Its killed off your brain cells and that is why you are unable to tell us why some pharma stocks rose over this period. All makes sense now you mention your a herb connoisseur.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Knowing about dope and being a dope are two different things, the former applies to me, the latter to you.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only dope is someone who claims the Coronavirus affected pharma stock negatively yet when called out was unable to explain why some pharma stock rose. C'mon we're still waiting on your genius answer.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry to say but I don’t “do” dope- you are a fucking idiot.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When a virus like this spreads. It has potential to be a pandemic. The death rate versus the common cold is 60 times higher.

Who do you think big pharmas main consumers are? I'll tell you. People who are disproportionately affected by viruses...i.e. old people who are typically the ones taking cancer treatments, cardiovascular drugs etc. That BMY sells. Or the immune compromised. I.e. those taking drugs that suppress your immune system like ozanimod.

Saying there is no impact on big pharma when a virus like this spreads is basically ignoring the fact that people who are dying are our customers.

Whether it reaches pandemic levels is another story. The virus is contagious even during incubation which makes me think that more death is on the horizon.

If you two are done bickering maybe we can have a constructive conversation instead of trash talking.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get a grip, its killed 80 people. Hardly the bubonic plague and the same 80 customers are customers of other pharma companies whose stock rose during that period..........!! But thanks for your "constructive" input.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Almost like the market prices in future risk isn't it?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Buy SPY 320 Feb Puts, hold for 5 days

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Chinese covered this virus up since December. So the potential for more people to be exposed is pretty high.

There are some reports on weibo that around 90k people are infected. 2000 cases are only the ones who are "confirmed" cases.