Stop With The Vacation Bullying!

Discussion in 'Vanda Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Dec 11, 2018 at 6:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does Vanda management get a special incentive if they get people to bank their vacation days?

I'm being constantly reminded by the gestapo management about my vacation days and STRONGLY being advised to bank some days for next year. This has gone in the past too and many others have had the same experience and it's just not right!

Our paid time off is part of our benefits package and if I want time off to relax or whatever--I am allowed to take the time off that I have accrued!

There is enough bs with home office taking off time between Christmas and New Year's while the field has to work but I saved my days and now want to use them without management being such jerks about it!

By the way, to any of the newbie college grads out there--management has held the numbers during one's vacation against the person so just be aware of the crap that goes on.

And, it was really flocked up that management bullied some of the laid off reps into banking vacation when they really wanted to take them because they said they would have preferred the time off instead of the few dollars of money when they were laid off without justification (and they didn't pay them for summer days either)!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do not take vacation between Christmas and New year's. Home office is closed. That is the best week to just fake it. You are not going to make any impact on Drs working those days since they are triple booked covering for others. Save your days for when you expect poly or his lapdog GP to want some new report that they could just run themselves

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You give good advice but my manager is a dickhead loser who hardly every takes vacation except for some long weekends here and there. He actually schedules field rides between Christmas and New Year's like he believes that offices will actually like to see his stupid shiteating grin and being a total tool as always!

I just want to enjoy my time off and tell him to fuck off!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OMG!! I went through hell today. My regional wants to make sure not too many people are off over the holidays... and especially if it is someone that does not celebrate christmas (WTF.. my religion is of no business to Vanda). This is crazy!. Told that Tom and GP and MP check Veeva regardless of working or not!!. This company is exactly as the veterans say and can just go fuck off!! This company needs investigated to the fullest!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just remember you can role over up to 5 vacation days. It does help if you want to take off the 2-4 th.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am not taking any day off that my manager is also taking off. Any day that I can be on vacation while that vile POS is working is deserved and I AM NOT accessible regardless of what your fool regional wants for an emergency spreadsheet. Likewise, being in the field while the POS is off is so much more enjoyable. The small company culture I heard about in my interview is a culture of bullies.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People have been annoyed and harassed while officially off due to vacation or sickness for work-related crap and upper management and HR does nothing about it when they know.

And, the crap is held against the reps if they don't complete the work.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm not surprised at all that this happened because it has happened before! Were you actually asked about your religion because others have and some people who were from non-popular religions were laid off.

Also, there were some Caucasians with different ethnic backgrounds that were few and far between that were also laid off.

Vanda sure plays dirty!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with everything that you wrote because it is truly a vacation for me whenever my asshole manager is on vacation so that I may finally relax in the field instead of dealing with his constant bullshit.

Just be aware that time off has even, in the most seriously fucked up of way, been held against people when deciding raises.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only acceptable religion in the Vanda Gestapo is the worship of Insane Poly and to dedicate your life to his commitment of corruption and greed. GP, Tom Boy and the worthless regionals and many DSMs have sold their soul to the little clown that only cares about himself.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I gave into the bullying and banked my vacation until January 2-4. Without a doubt, January 2 will be a day of hell with demanded spreadsheets and other demands from the so- called leaders. Of course, my manager will be calling and texting nonstop since he and his overlords have no respect for the field. Fuck off Vanda. You ruined 2018 when you hired me. I'm taking control in 2019.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me guess, are his initials MD?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2019 may be the year that mihales just kicked in his tiny little man balls. The vultures are circling but he is too blind and arrogant to notice. The fact that his c suite co-conspirstors and field "leadership" are scared to death to tell him the truth keeps him further in the dark . But then again, if they had any talent, they would not be working for Vanda. I did my short stint in Vanda, land of incompetence. I'm glad I left recently.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How did you know?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because we have the same manager. How many of your offices told you not to bring him back? I'm at 5 and counting.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because we have the same manager. How many of your offices told you not to bring him Back? I'm at 5 and counting.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've lost track of how many offices but the worst thing about the tool is how he doesn't realize how he rubs people the wrong way because he is unable to shut the hell up sometimes!

Doctors and others in the company have told me to watch my back with him as my manager because of the nightmare stories about him. What's messed up too is that I was told that upper management and HR know about the shady things that he does but they refuse to do anything about this rep hater manager!

The guy doesn't have the common sense to know that the psychiatric community in NY and NJ is small so many are aware of how he mistreated the reps that were laid off and the doctors are angry about that too!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree that upper management knows about his behavior and does nothing about it. There's a gender discrimination lawsuit against Vanda right now and he is named in the suit. They don't care because he kisses ass and does what he's told. I will be reaching out to the shareholders anonymously to let them know about the lawsuit and the people named in it. Let's see how Vanda explains that one.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tell us more! I know that he badmouths JH all of the time behind her back but kisses butt in front of her face so that is why she pretends to like him as a manager and keeps him around.

He was also one who made reps give back days to the company in 2017 because he messed up with telling reps the amount of sick days that they had. Any worthwhile manager would make things right after messing up by giving reps admin time or office days to make up for the days that were given back but not him!

Wouldn't the shareholders already know about the stuff that you mentioned?