Storm clouds getting darker for troubled Seattle biotech Dendreon

Discussion in 'Dendreon' started by Anonymous, Aug 23, 2013 at 11:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bloomberg News
    "Dendreon DNDN shares fell another 7% in early trading on Friday after Deutsche Bank piled on the dreary outlooks that have beset the company in recent weeks and downgraded its shares to “sell.” Dendreon shares were off 23 cents to $2.96 in recent action, down to a level not seen in more than four years.

Deutsche Bank analyst Robyn Karnauskas said in a note to clients that Dendreon is having trouble extricating itself from a cycle of increasing costs and falling revenue as its primary drug, the prostate cancer treatment Provenge, continues to disappoint.

“Per our calculations, even if there is drastic restructuring and significant cost cuts, spending may still outpace [revenue] growth in the near term. Consequentially, we believe that the terms of a debt refinancing may have a negative impact on equity holders,” Karnauskas said.

Last week, Wedbush Securities analyst David Nierengarten tried to make the point that Dendreon had no future and was headed toward bankruptcy when he offered up a price target of zero for the company. He told the Seattle Times last week that it’s the only such forecast he’s offered, pointing out that it has $620 million in convertible debt due in 2016 and it’s $280 million in cash is being consumed at $50 million a quarter.

Dendreon said earlier this month that 2014 sales of Provenge would not exceed last year’s $325 million. Karnauskas calculates that even with $165 million cost cuts, Dendreon will have to grow sales to $525 million over the next seven years to support current share price levels.

Dendreon shares have been tumbling since 2011, when the company abandoned its forecasts on Provenge. Shares, which had peaked in the mid-$50 range in 2010, fell in late summer of 2011 from the mid-$30 level down to single digits. They have remained mostly below $10 since."

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company is under federal investigation as well according to their 10Q.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Dendreon said earlier this month that 2014 sales of Provenge would not exceed last year’s $325 million. Karnauskas calculates that even with $165 million cost cuts, Dendreon will have to grow sales to $525 million over the next seven years to support current share price levels."

That has to be the stupidest statement I have ever heard from a stock analyst. First of all management has never spoken about "2014" sales, they have spoken about 2013 sales in their conference call. At $525 million in sales we will be highly profitable and the stock will take off. She must be working for some hedgefund short the stock.

None of their silly comments matter anyway since I am paid for sales and not with Dendreon stock. My sales are growing quite well thank you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reap what you sow.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just saw a big, white rabbit go by.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish I could give this 5 stars

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does it mean? reference to Grace slick?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both a reference to Alice in Wonderland and Jeferson Airplane ( Grace Slick)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wonderland would be a land where this company could have a future. Pure fantasy.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Harsh, but true

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got that right. The article is completely inaccurate and pure nonsense.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are 183 large financial institution investors that hold large amounts of Dendreon stock. Many of which have been substantially increasing their holdings:

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/dndn/institutional-holdings

I would say these 183 institutions strongly disagree with the "author".

I would say article is a poor joke. Here is the author's profile:

http://seekingalpha.com/author/scott-fearon

He has written a total of 2 articles (both in the last 11 days) including this nonsense in his career which began in "1990":

http://seekingalpha.com/author/scott-fearon/articles

Scott Fearon (great name for a short investor "Fear-On") claims to manage Foundation Partners, LP in Marin County, California. When you google "Foundation Partners, LP in Marin County, California" no such company exists:

https://www.google.com/#fp=d376bad89d5753b2&q=Foundation+Partners%2C+LP+in+Marin+County%2C+California

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From 8 to 2.

75% return. Smart guy. No emotion always wins.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess it doesnt matter that the author was right from pps 8 and any firms that held were wrong.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually if he closes out his position at 2, that would be a 300% return. The guy also made salient points. Lots of LLC's don't have websites, Mr. As well.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree the article's author has zero credibility. Foundation Partners does not exist so what credibility can the article have? Vanguard I have heard of and they are buying Dendreon stock heavily. This is a temporary decline in our stock. It has happened before and will happen again. Building a company and investing is about the long-term. Provenge European approval will occur with a few weeks, which will prove to be a major long-term advance for the company. I work for the company and the future is bright. Lot of good things and major positive developments happening at the company which the general public is not aware of.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those institutions lost a shitload of money. It happens. The market is a great institution. The market values Dendreon at about a 1/2 billion dollars.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure seems like the article and most of this thread is yet another destructive scam. Any "clown" can author a "Seeking Alpha" stock blog.