Strange interview question

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jun 24, 2019 at 7:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I recently interviewed for a sales position and the interview ended with a strange question. I think I answered it correctly but I wanted to get some feedback. Some background: I am in my late twenties and male. The manager was male as well.

The question was, "Would you take one in the ass to succeed at your job." At first I was unsure how to answer. Was he looking for someone so determined to succeed that he would say yes. Or was he looking for someone with a strong sense of dignity and moral strength who would say no.

Fortunately I am a student of Zen and the correct answer suddenly occurred to me. I took my shoes off and put them on my head.

The manager seemed surprised that I had gotten it right and smiled as he made a final note. We ended the interview warmly. I imagine I will hear from him in the next day or two about the next steps.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But if the manager is being an ass, should you take one in the ass?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I usually ask does no means yes. Then go from there.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you don’t know the answer you’re dumber than you sound.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's a hard one to answer. I guess it's all about someones point of view. Some people say 12, some people say a dozen. No harm, no foul.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It really doesn't matter. You will definitely get one up the ass if you accept the position!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s the truth, and the answer to the question.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

serious question: anyone involved in the recent oncology salesforce expansion interview process? If so, has anyone gotten feedback to their interviews?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Correct response was "Take one what?"

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can provide some feedback to those I interviewed with. Highly unprofessional to be on your phone or iPad whole time. Don’t ask a question then ignore answer while you tap away. I declined.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't put yourself in that situation. If you do then please don't cry about it. No one wants to hear it. How do people sound when they are typing? You're an idiot.

There is your answer.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

speaking of interviews....interviewed almost 3 weeks ago....still no feedback!?!?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nice post. Very true

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

anybody hear anything yet from interviews?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They told the Atlanta people that decisions would be made early this week. I haven’t heard anything. Counting myself out at this point.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i heard from a current employee today and she had heard that decisions still have not been announced. They are hoping to do so by Friday....

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok, you should have increased your cup size and smiled more during the interview. That all it takes. The Donald.