Strategy for when you feel like quitting...

Discussion in 'Industry Veterans' started by Anonymous, Feb 19, 2011 at 8:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what forces people to stay in pharmaceuticals is the fact that corporate greed hijacked the once great industry, and no one wants to hire drug reps anymore...people literally get stuck in pharma because they need a paycheck every month, and they get sucked into the easy lifestyle, and think it is going to last...

the joke is on them....kudos to you and the rest of the 500k club doing actual selling ...you should know, however, that even your gig is not going to last forever...yes, there are some career reps in those industries, but the majority get pushed out or burn out too...\

Just ask Willy Loman...sales is a sucky way to make a living when you are older...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh, no...what's that?? Gee, don't laptops travel around as well?

Point was, even if on YOUR PHONE, who of any importance (if making SO much money and SO successful in SALES) has the TIME (or want) to hang out on CP??
    Something just doesn't add up there.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That’s just it. For whatever reason you pharma reps think that people in device and equipment are killing themselves to make that kind of money, when in fact I never leave my home based office unless I have an appointment or I need to have a contract signed in person versus fax/email. There is no driving around and doing the PR calls like so many of you are forced to do. The is no BS admin that you people scream about on here. I have to pull contracts, qualify the T&C’s, get it signed and then send it in. I don’t have a call reporting system. All we have is a sales funnels that we put into a system and we update where each account is within the funnel. I spend far more time in the office prospecting, setting up appointments, setting up site visits, etc. than making cold sales calls. There is no cold calling in most device and equipment jobs it is almost exclusively done via appointment. Most of us have more downtime than any sample rep who needs to see X amount of doctors a day and sample X percentage of them. My day can be as long or as short as I want to make it and on most days I can pick up my kids at school as most of the meetings are in the AM. I think you pharma reps have a very skewed view on what it’s like in device and equipment and I’m not sure why that is.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, today its the hot chicks and "soft" or "metrosexual" men that get hired for most top sales jobs...

at least that has been my experience.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, especially if you can't spell the name of the company you started with...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post is spot on. So they dropped a t...

When one has no counter argument they default to inconsequential blemishes...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or, more likely, they didn't know how to spell it in the first place because the post is totally BOGUS. Spelling your company name is like spelling your own name.
    So FU.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or it was a typo...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been in the industry for many years and just so over it now! Any suggestions on leaving the company (without ruining my reputation and getting fired) that will enable me to collect unemployment when I leave?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you go see a mental health care professional that will certify that stress is making you sick from the job, and they recommend you leave, you can collect unemployment in most states...

Good luck...you are making the right decision...Pharma is not only over, it is toxic to those who stay...

really bad industry....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks...It can't hurt to try...