Straumann...good or bad to work for?

Discussion in 'Straumann' started by Anonymous, Mar 10, 2010 at 12:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Straumann...good or bad to work for?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In general, very good to work for, although as with any company, it differs from region to region and your direct supervisors. Known for consistent quality and advances over the long life of the implant side of the business (1974), and even clinicians who haven't used the system don't have anything bad to say about the history or reputation of the company. Overall, if you're going to sell implants, one of the better places to do it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great place to work .

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bad.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No such thing as a "great" place to work anymore unless you have millions in the bank and own your company and get to do what you want to do.

Working for "the man" can never be "great".

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Working for Dr. Niznick has been awesome. I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams to have this opportunity.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the eloquent, verbose insight. You are quite the wordsmith.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I answered the question fuck nuts.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I understand Strauman lost or terminated some reps in Western Canada recently. Does any one know if more cuts are coming, and if so where should they be expected.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those in the industry, including those at Straumann, know that Straumann is a snooze-fest. I couldn't imagine spending my precious time working for that over-sized morgue of a company.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was a pretty good place to work. I was fortunate to have worked with dedicated people who actually care about the customer, the team, and the shareholders in that order. It made my sales job a lot easier.
    I have worked for worse companies and for better, but there is a reason they call it work. Nothing is perfect, there are no guarantees.
    The real challenge is to find out who your upline management team is and see if you can mesh with their management style.

I was part of the those cut. That sucked, because I enjoyed my job. If you are lucky enough to get an offer, seriously consider taking it.

Being "the man" and calling the shots is a lot better than being a cog in a machine. Just ask Niz......or his cogs.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I rest my case.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any job openings on the East Coast?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are hiring in Houston

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is the North part of Houston from what I have heard.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how much money does the average rep make at strauman?

what is the starting base?

how is the commission plan?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Working for Dr. Niznick has been awesome. I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams to have this opportunity.

They don't make drugs this good! Or it is day one. Wait for Day 10.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so are you people too afraid to say how much a Strauman rep makes?

How about the Implant Direct people?

What are you pulling in these days?

Your companies are so great, you must be making some pretty good money.

I'm looking for starting base salary and the comission plan.

Anyone willing to share this info?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's just that people don't know who's asking. (medical device recruiters, etc.). Generally, all the top companies pay within striking distance of one another,(50% base/50% commision or so) and there is always benchmarking by these companies to stay competitive in this area. Year to year, there are different payouts to push whatever product they would like increase share in, so you should be able to make low/mid six figures if you're good. Implant Direct and those type of companies don't fall into this structure; there is usually much more risk due to the zero/low recognition of the product and the quality of ther rep they would be able to recruit to try and sell there. The payout could be more aggresive, but the odds of getting to that are extremely low. As always, it's important to investigate your immediate area to see what the possibilities are with a particular product, some regions are easier to make money in than others, due to schools, colleague testimony, current vs. future share trends, etc.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a good, reputable company in the dental implant field. Problem is that its in the dental implant field. Very difficult industry with many, many players. If you're looking to break into the device world, than it's a good start.