Stryker NSE Division

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Apr 16, 2011 at 3:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm interviewing for a NSE rep opening and have been told this is a $120k first year position. I'm a hard worker and have been selling to docs for a while now just in the device field. How realistic is this first year income? What can I expect in future years? Thanks for any help/insight.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting. I was just contacted and told 180-220K 1st year.

Anybody know:

-Sales cycle for capital vs. disposables
    -Impact of contracting
    -OR time necessary
    -How many other decision makers are involved, i.e. Mat Mgmt, Purchasing, C-level, etc.
    -Major downsides
    -Upcoming challenges or opportunities

Thanks in advance for your help.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have any input on this division? Contacted about it, as well.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My question also. Thank you for no BS answers an advance.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

depends on the territory. Can take years of consistently pushing to convert drill business

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alabama

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That Alabama territory has been open forever. What is the story there?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Consider the poor quality of field management throughout Stryker. Not all but quite a few and not worth the risk. Stryker is moving more toward a Pharma model of "feet on the street" meaning lower incomes with smaller territories.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No doubt. When will they finally fill the Birmingham area? Any idea. It's been forever.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bad market. Bad manager. Pretty simple

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have a bunch of dumb meat head reps that run around selling the product. The product is very easy sell. The division will be taken over by the maxface division in 2014.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any ideas about the Michigan market for NSE rep?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2 strong candidates in the pipe. even if its still posted, one of these guys will fill it.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard Michigan was in shambles, so probably a good thing you missed it.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

how is the Chicago market for Nse? Talked to some local hospitals I currently cover and they are dropping them for some products. Good place to be?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haven't sold in Chicago but I know this market well. Here would be my response to anyone looking at a NSE position. Figure out how much Midas Rex business you have in the territory versus Stryker. And how much Medtronic Navigation. MDT just rolled out their new Navigated Midas and that will be a tough flip, assuming it's as good as advertised. The PiDrive drill is solid, but drill business is a commodity now. Very few surgeons go to bat over a drill nowadays...they just want something that works and they have bigger fish to fry.

Then figure out how much remaining CUSA business there is. Sonopet has eaten Cusa for lunch. So if there's not much to flip there, I would think the yearly growth that Stryker wants will be hard to continue hitting.

Their ENT products are OK but Medtronic really dominates that space.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the great information and advice, it is greatly appreciated.
    If those numbers and market share are all okay, but not great....would you still take the role?
    What I was told on field ride is that the schedule is relatively easy with excellent work-life balance and that they are very easy going in terms of what is expensed. Would you agree?

Thanks again

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Work life balance is OK here. Its relatively easy but don't expect too much for income potential based on current market conditions. Expect a range of about $110K on an average year to $150K on a good year. The real questions have been stated above and should really be answered before accepting the position. Reason being is that access to cases and these docs is becoming increasingly difficult if not impossible. When the hospital admin c suite decides to make a change its hard to turn that ship around. Good luck. What are you currently selling into these facilities? Do you have relationships with any of the busy docs?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It seems like it would be tough to grow year after year there. Drills are a tough conversion and don't happen all the time...limited sonopet opportunities once convert the cusa biz...bipolars are a saturated market..hospitals aren't taking pricing increases these days, so that won't get growth number either. How strict is nse on reps hitting quota?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If CUSA is still around beating those guys is pretty simple. They're literally bringing a straw to a knife fight