Stryker Or Storz

Discussion in 'Karl Storz' started by Anonymous, Feb 16, 2006 at 10:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm IVing for both a postion with Stryker Endoscopy and Storz and want to know, as a rep, which is a stronger company...specifically who has better products.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Storz, hands down.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I appreciate the response but would you mind elaborating. Here's what i've found from the OR's that i've been in...previous medical rep. Stryker owns the operating room when it comes to video and Storz owns the instrumentation world, scopes, urology, gyn. I know capital equipment pays the big bucks while instrument sales pays the bills. Any advice is appreciated

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

stryker's camera is strong in general, gyn, ortho, ENT, uro,= standardization
    storz has NO presence in ortho. WHen stryker reps point the decision towards ortho or integration, there is nor contest. Storz doesnt even offer a c-mount scope.
    Stryker has a wireless platform, storz doesnt. Stryker has HD, storz doesnt. Stryker has many more disposables than storz across many specialties.
    Storz has a good image 1 camera on CRT monitors but their digital capture is lacking as is their 3rd party router.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

on the heals of the previous post, i would like to add that stryker sells more arthroscopes and laprascopes domestically.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the response. The one thing i've noticed from my previous exp. as a device rep is EVERY Stryker rep (no matter what divison) seems aggressive and generally just a stud. The Storz rep seem much more passive and not exactly a person I could see myself associating with outside of work...point being, Storz seems like it embarces a passive sales model if you were to take there reps (i've seen) into account.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you know about anything dumbass.

You can't even do your own research on a company. Come to this joke of a website to ask advice on careers and talk about people you've never met being passive and aggressive. No one cares about your opinion here. Or the fact that you have a hard on for your local stryker rep. Go blow the guy alraedy. Dope.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow...you're one angrey bastard. You must be one of the many Storz rep that annually gets his ass kicked by Stryker.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask yourself this question to see if you would be a good fit for Stryker...

Are you willing to get your hands dirty to make the sale?

And I don't mean dirty as in solid work ethic dirty. I mean dirty as in sleazy.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd rather get my hands dirty for Stryker that get my knees dirty for Storz.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know some Storz reps and most of them make well over $200,000 a year and the accounts generally like and respect the Storz reps service support and professionalism more than the Stryker reps.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have seen both cameras in operation and Storz image decidedly better with a scope attached which is how it is designed. The Stryker camera is really just an industrial video camera that is retro-fitted for scopes. Also Stryker claims to have had HD for some time by writing it on the side of their cameras but it is not really true HD. Great business practices to fool your customers. Not many accounts use C-mount scopes anymore which is a none issue. Both companies are working on real HD cameras and I'm sure Storz will still be better.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most Storz reps make more than 150,000. Also all gas, a car allowance and expenses are paid. Not the case with Stryker.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Storz rep I know made over 300k last year, and their territory isn't exactly what I'd consider one of the top healthcare markets in the country.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I use to work for Stryker and am since long gone but am intrested in the HD vs. Non-HD argument. I work in Joints and the hospitals I work in have majority Stryker "HD" i've been out of the game for a while but it looks HD to me...othern then aspect ratio it has all the same features and benny's of my best buy TV.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it is 1280x1024 resolution with progressive scan optimizing it for 4:3 LCD flat panel monitors in OR's...Stryker easily is the national market share leader in 3-chip cameras

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How does OLympus play in the market.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

STRYKER DOES NOT HAEV TRUE HD! That 1280x1024 is a measurement on the SXGA standard, a computer monitor standard. True HD as outlined by the ATSC is 720p or 1080i broadcast on a 16:9 aspect ratio monitor. This has all been a bunch of BS from Stryker. Interestingly their new camera the 1188 is being introduced and marketed as "HD Ready". Hey wait isn't that a step back from "HD"?

To the guy comparing the two companies for employment. Stryker reps are known for being pushy with no realsubstance, and disappearing after the sale. Go ahead and ask your facilities how often they see their Styker rep once they buy, and how soon he returns a phone call. Their lack of true innovation and product development is becoming apparent in their battery powered products as well as their misrepresentaion of their imaging equipment. I would not work for them and be known as "that guy" for any amount of money.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hold up little lady, first off I would be the first to tell you the 1188 was being marketed as HD Ready if only that were true. Infact it's a bit ironic that if you look at the back of an IMAGE ONE box you have an actual painted on label saying what, "HDTV" and "DVI" ready. Check the source my-man. You may be the man in your terriotry but in my territory I can tell you the hospital's constatnly complain about the Storz reps lack of response. The point is no matter which company you work for each person will have a different way they run their business...Don't take this narrow minded jackasses word for it, look who has more market share...STRYKER. Also please enlighten me with the innovative products that Stroz has recently released??? Agian, if our products were that awful then please explain how and why we own the laprascopic market?? I have had 8 head to head trials agianst my Storz rep the last year, know what the score is STRYKER 7 vs. STORZ 1...must be cause our shit sucks that were pounding your product.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is ridiculous....we all know that if we fuck our doctors in the ass and give them a few dollars on the side, any one of us could be MARKET LEADER!