Stryker purchase

Discussion in 'ConforMIS' started by Anonymous, Jun 17, 2015 at 4:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that the S1 is published could this be the future?

Instead, Newitter wrote, Stryker is likely to limit its M&A targets to market segments in which it already has a footprint or could leverage an adjacent position.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

??????????

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would love to see Stryker purchase ConforMis, then try to enforce all of the Confirm is patents... Full on Nuclear war with Zimmer-Biomet. Would ultimately lose in the end, Biomet has prior art on most of Conformist IP. That's why Zimmer bought them instead (and Materialise connection) of Conformist.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you have zero clue to what you are talking about. Biomet had no ip prior to conformis it was only after otis med fell apart that they filed for approval on signature and conformis had already applied for the ip. dipshit.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahaha... Stand back kids, I'm about to drop some knowledge on this fool.

First, they need to go back and actually read my post. Then they need to go look up the difference between IP (Biomet doesn't have any.. And I never said they did) and what is known as prior art.

The only way my critic and Conformis can be sure that Biomet doesn't have relevant prior art that will render their patents useless is if they can review every custom or product Biomet has ever shipped... Only Biomet or their new owners will have access to all of those records.

Good luck with your IPO though. It's cool technology, even if it's only kinda novel. Bad time to be an ortho company, but better to be small and trying to innovate. Stryker should have held off on Mako and bought Conformis instead, for less than half.

Now you educate me on something... What do you know? Anything?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, you are smart

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are in the presence of pure genius, troll genius!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wright Medical "Claimed" to have most prior art too....oopsie. Now ConforMIS has another revenue-stream.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Conformis has peaked and declining in my territory....they gained some momentum a few years ago with "new technology" but after an increase in manipulations (and price) and lack of higher constraint options the handful of docs are getting back to "off the shelf" systems....I'm sure going to miss that conformis rep that doesn't know medial from lateral...anterior from posterior....TEA from Whitesides line. "Just throw that block on and it will be the best knee ever!"