Stryker Surgical

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Jan 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looking for inside scoop on division/culture. Also -are these products considered "best in class" amongst surgeons?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

best division within stryker, period. incredible culture, most tenured reps within Stryker med-surg, and best in class products. if you have an opportunity jump on it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any openings at Surgical anyone knows of?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

solid department, I know the rep that covers the bay and has all the Stanford medicine accounts, only been with SYK for 7-8 yrs... makes major coin.. clears 200-275.... way more than all the docs he deals with. They pretty much promote within the top device hustlers to the surgical associate role first, make you do the grunt work which shouldn't be a problem if you don't mind bringing in more paper than your docs and then its all you from there... best way to land that interview is through a solid referral or be on the up and up within the comp.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any openings?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

surgical ASR opening in Chicago
    surgical rep in Utah phoenix dallas and Pittsburgh

use all your networks for a referral, u know that's how syk works

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are the day to day duties?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding me? What are the day to day duties? Supposed to sales implants!!! Is this what Stryker is considering, really? Pharma style isn't far off for Stryker. I guess they will have to change The Sales Gallop Test to "go for".

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Day to do day duties.. you get up hungover, beer bong your coffee, followed up by shooting 1cc of test with deca, then you head out to the hosp, park your 93' tercel in the surgeons spot, head up to the lounge wait for a case to start, flip some boxes and trays, plant your seed with the old as dust doc, he cuts you lose, you head over to the maternity level to check out some of the talent there, maybe score a few numbers , pinch a loaf in the on the way out of the center, its about 2pm now.. get to your whip (if its still there) toss the ticket and ignore the rent a cop yelling for your business card/ID...peel off, make your preworkout on the way to the gym. knockout some chest, curls in the squat rack & some selfies. As you slam your whey protein shake, thinking youre in the clear for the day, pager buzzes and they need you back for a tibial fracture. You close the new hire peon whos on his 27th case of the day to cover u with the promise of some cold 6packs with some basic 5s all just in time for happy hour!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Walmart is hiring... let us know how your interview goes

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Supposed to sales implants" - this division doesn't sell any implant you moron. You don't need to cover every case where a drill is being used. Go back to pointing your laser at that 30mm cannulated screw. Those cases could never get done without you....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Day to do day duties.. you wake up hungover, beer bong your coffee, followed up by shooting 1cc of test and deca, then you head out to the hosp, park your 93' tercel in the surgeons spot, head up to the lounge wait for a case to start, flip some boxes and trays, plant your seed with the old as dust doc, he cuts you lose, you head over to the maternity level to check out some of the talent there, maybe score a few numbers , pinch a loaf in the on the way out of the center, its about 2pm now.. get to your whip (if its still there) toss the ticket and ignore the rent a cop yelling for your business card/ID...peel off, make your preworkout on the way to the gym. knockout some chest, curls in the squat rack & some selfies. As you slam your whey protein shake, thinking youre in the clear for the day, pager buzzes and they need you back for a tibial fracture. You close the new hire peon whos on his 27th case of the day to cover u with the promise of some cold 6packs with some basic 5s all just in time for happy hour! Hope this helps…

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

C'mon Guy, really???? Why? Why would you post a response like this and expose how we work??? Now everybody is going to try to get a job here and bury me (HR) will freaking internet resumes that I will have to "read" and "process", COMPLETELY shitting on my weekdays. Thank you so much.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You probably won't get much intel on here for Surgical... I work for surgical but I guarantee you 99% of our sales force has never been on cafepharma, and it goes without saying the replies above are people who not only don't work for stryker, but have no freaking clue what we do. it's not an implant job, we sell capital and disposables, the majority of which are used in ortho cases. The bulk of our products command majority market share. Again, great job, division, products, leadership, and there are many 10, 15, 20+ year veterans in the sales force... if you have an opportunity I'd jump on it, it's been a blessing for me and I love my job.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stryker Surgical guy- get real. Stryker Endo guys really sell. You guys don't do much when you really get down to it. Yeah the job isn't easy, but compared to Endo guys, you have it made. And you know it. Endo runs point and is the one in the account (on average) with the best relationships, driving deals for every other division. Surgical as a division has best in class products and (on average) reps that simply coast compared to Endo reps. Thats a fact. Surgical has 70% base products which is like selling insurance and perpetuates. Endo is narly shit. To original poster: if you have chance for a Surgical gig w Stryker, you better take it. Endo is second best division at SYK, Surgical is #1 for QOL/pay mix. I honestly think Endo guys make more money though, higher commissions 7.25-9.5% and Endo guys can sell bodies aka Endo Techs for dollars.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are dead on dude. That also explains why Sustainability was ever created by stryker in the first place, to drive and maintain the Endo revenue 10 fold, protect market share and margin loss. endo guys make the most because they also sell capital too

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear ya loud and clear, but in my territory Storz has about 60% market share, so I don't know much about endo "running point" or having the best relationships. That might be true where you are but not for me, I don't rely on endo for anything, nor do I benefit from stryker endo in my territory. We've had so much turnover over the past 6 years I would say they hurt me a lot more than they help me. One rep leaves, the account never really knew him or cared that he was gone, another one replaces him, and the cycle continues. I'm in a geography where I've literally lost 6 endo reps over the past 6 years, between all of the territories that overlap with my accounts. Meanwhile I've grown to over $6mil in sales during the same amount of time. Trust me, I don't underestimate how touch a sell endo equipment is, it's a grind, its extremely competitive, and I'm damn glad I'm not the one doing it. I have a ton of respect for the endo reps who are able to stick it out and make a career at stryker, but please don't assume it's the same situation around the country as it might be in your territory, because I can tell you firsthand that's not how it is where I am.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is a good point that was not considered. I am out West where we have majority market share. Again back to original poster: take the job. Surgical is the golden child of Stryker as a division. No doubt they have good reps, just saying that they have the best situation between QOL/pay, work-life balance etc.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And one more thing to add to the previous post I want to mention- you have had crazy turnover in your territory with your Endo reps because Endo is simply a tougher gig. Come on man, its math. There is a very strong correlation within Stryker between the division and the turnover. Surgical has the lowest turnover because (you guessed it) they have the best bag of products when considering the competition and their call patters, i.e. they are not forced to stand in surgery all day. That whole "Endo has a ton of turnover" thing is for a reason. Look, Surgical hit their # this year and they couldnt even sell the damn Neptunes....explain that one? If Endo has any of there flagship products (we only have one, the camera) taken away for even a month of the year, we are dead in the water as a division when Wall St. comes calling.