Stuart Pharmaceuticals

Discussion in 'Stuart Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any Ex Stuart Reps out there?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. What are we doing in here anyhow?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good question why is Stuart Located here??? Anyone remember Sal Aiello and Norm Lepsinger??

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wondered when somebody was gonna ask. I was with Stuart from '74 to '80. Covered the Las Vegas Territory under JIm Woodward and the little pudgy fighter-pilot fellow. Left Stuart in 1980 and never again learned anything further about salesmanship.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe Sal's real name was "Frothymucusfoam"

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the "little pudgy fighter pilot" was Ted Chapman....he flew P-38's in WWII

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

speaking of WW II pilots remember John Nichol from Detroit???? Remember the Nichol awards at DM meetings. I'm still laughing thinking about that. What great days. Why is Stuart under the Wyeth listing???

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know John Peterson (Paducah, KY)?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember John...what happened to him?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember both Johns..dont know what happened to the John in KY...but John in Mich is still doing well...I think he just turned 80. Funny this is under the Ayerst tab...remember when this was our great competitor with Tenormin v Inderal....

11. Caruso7

Caruso7 Guest

I worked for Norm Lepsinger when he was made the National Sales Manager for the Consumer Division (Key Accounts) in 1980. I was the first Key Account Rep they hired. I had the Metro NY Territory. Norm hired 6 Key acct managers, NY, Boston, Philadelphia, , Cincinnati, Detroit, Atlanta to start. We called on all the major retail chains and wholesalers and mostly sold Mylanta, Mylanta II, Mylicon 80 and a few other OTC products. We did not do any Doctor detailing.

It was a lot of fun. Norm was a great guy. He was a really fun person and a great salesman. He taught me a lot. I worked with him quite a bit because I had NY and he lived in Queens. His boss was Bill Mathis. Later, Bob Black took over.

Norm was about 62 years old and was ready to retire when they asked him to start the division up. He worked for about 2 years then Bill Dorn took over when Norm retired for good. Dan Koch took over for Bill about a year or 2 later. I

I knew Sal also since he was a DM I think. He previously worked for Norm in the pharmaceutical division. Charle Wollitz, Fred Shanno, Paul Haller, Norm Cantor were the other DM's. Richard Pope was also a DM a little later I seem to recall.

I left after 5 years but honestly I was really torn leaving for a better opportunity financially. The money was a lot better but there was something special about our Key Account Group. We were the start of the consumer division which was a big step for the company at that time.

Contact me at caruso7@aol.com if you know anyone from the Key Acct group from 1980-1985.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got my start with stuart . i was one of the new hires for Tenormin . We sold it all , Hibiclens, Alternagel and of course stuart natal 1+1 .
    Wow i was the youngest in the division then 25 everyone was probaly my age now and older 48 . A great little big company that gave me my entry into . I left after 3 years then went diagnostic start up then device start up now I have my own company and have a group of 5 independents that work for me.
    Stuart was the best little company . I left just before diprivan was being launched
    Thank you Don Frank, Kathy henry? for taking a chance on young grasshopper

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember Sal Aiello he was the best. I here his son is a DM somewhere

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pension question

Just curious - retiree's please respond, did you take the lump sum retirement or the monthly check and why? My retirement days are approaching, thank god I stayed in Zeneca defined pension just trying to decide when I retire what is best approach, monthly check or lump sum? Help me decide.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In re Zeneca's pension plan, someone told me today that they are calculating the pension payout MINUS ANY 401K CONTRIBUTIONS!!! So, if your gross salary was 100K and you put in 10K in the 401K, they calculate your pension based on $90,000!!!!!!!! IS THIS CORRECT OR BS? i know damn well it's not legal. Anyone have any info?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Pension question

The decision of lump sum vs monthly payout depends on several variables. First, how much discipline do you have? You will need to live the rest of your life on the return on investment. If you lack discipline and invest poorly or burn through your money too fast you will kill the goose that lays the golden egg. Secondly, do you have other income? If you do you can invest the lump sum more aggressively. The major advantage of the lump sum option is that it becomes part of your estate which can then be passed on to your children upon your death. If you take the monthly payout you can chose various options but none outlive your spouse. Good luck with your decision.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm Stuart/ICI/Zeneca/AstraZeneca in the shrinking oncology force. I plan to retire in the next two years with pension payments NOT the lump sum. My net worth is pretty good and I want that wonderful string of checks for the rest of my life. Hired by Ed Delaney. Thank goodness I stuck with the old plan.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL I remember Ed Delaney. Man could that guy drink. I retired last year. Took the package. Best Decision I ever made. I took the lump sum. My advice...go to a financial advisor. Let them run the numbers for you. In my case, the lump sum was clearly the best option.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Definitely agree with the financial adviser part. I plan on retiring in the next 2 years, or the next package offer, which ever comes first.

When I sat down with my financial adviser I told her I was leaning towards the lump sum. She told me she favored the monthly payments. But when she ran the numbers she told me she agreed the lump sum was the better deal for me.

I need an average return of about 7% on my lump sum to match my monthly payments. There are some pretty safe investments (nothing is totally safe, not even monthly payments from AZ or the US government) that will earn you 7%. Hell, the way things are going treasuries may be paying 7% in a few years. And your principle remains intact. And you will never have to worry about AZ again. Know what you are doing or get good advice, watch things like a hawk, change investments when needed, and be diversified.

Also the monthly payments may be great now but what happens with inflation. Will your payment be enough when today's $100 worth of groceries costs $200, and gas is $5 a gallon? With inflation prices go up, including the price of money (i.e. interest rates).

Worst case scenario (well maybe not the absolute WORST case) you have a lean year where you make less than 7%. Tighten your belt, consider changing investments, and when you have years where you make more than 7%, sock away the extra $$$ for a lean year.

Good luck with your decision, and remember, you are one of the lucky ones. You worked this job in the best years and now you are comfortably retired. You may be the last generation to be able to say that.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another retiree here - twenty-two years! Hired by Koch, eventually worked w/Delaney after Key Accts. Loving retirement. Luckily took first package and monthly payout. Financial advisor recommended and said AZ had one of the best retirement packages he had seen in a while. Ran numbers and personal scenario. The 401K is invested and is the back-up plan for future needs if/when they arise. Fortunately have a second pension (small), and it is working as a supplement. We are very lucky to have had the benefit package available to us. I feel very sad for the "kids" now with only the 401 and nothing really extra to take away. Enjoy and live life to the fullest!