Subsys Sue

Discussion in 'Insys Therapeutics' started by anonymous, Oct 9, 2017 at 5:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep it classy Insys.

"In addition, in New Jersey, one of Insys's top sales personnel, Susan Beisler, who was nicknamed "Subsys Sue," not only remains with the company, but on May 2, 2016, was promoted from a sales representative role to District Sales Manager of the New Jersey district. Significantly, Beisler was promoted only after emailing Kapoor directly from her personal email account, begging him to make it happen. When first applying for tihe position, Beisler namedropped. Kapoor to then-COO Brennan, stating: "Dr. Kapoor has known me for quite a long time and I believe he can give you insight on my character and integrity." Beisler then complained to Kapoor about, among many other things, the fact that "[f]or some reason, [she] ha always been overlooked for promotions, although [she] ha extensive background in training and management."

After laying the groundwork, Beisler explicitly asked Kapoor for his help: "[P]lease don't forget to speak to Dan [Brennan] for me? He has not responded to my request to interview next Monday."

During the course of a five-hour investigatory interview conducted by Plaintiffs, Beisler invoked her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination more than 400 times.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Similarly, on June 27, 2015, Beisler forwarded another friend a news article regarding a guilty plea of a nurse practitioner in Connecticut who Insys had bribed to write Subsys. In the email chain that followed, Beisler expressed concern about her exposure to potential criminal liability, stating "I just hope I don't get arrested since [a New Jersey doctor] is my doctor and our `speaker' dinners are being investigated too." (Emphasis
    added.)

When Plaintiffs interviewed Beisler under oath, she invoked her Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination in response to the following question: "[Y]ou arranged speakers' programs involving [the New Jersey doctor referred to in her June 2015 email] that funneled thousands of dollars to [the doctor] as a quid pro quo to write Subsys prescriptions off label in Ne`~~ Jersey, isn't that right?" That `~~as only one of more than X100 separate Fifth Amendment invocations Beisler made during her interview.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow what's your beef with Beis?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Top sales person? Begging? Only a dickhead would post that BS from NJ

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We don't have a single problem with the previous post as it was a compelling and live example of life on the inside at Insys. Not to mention it was entertaining and revealing

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm from NJ. If there's one thing we understand in this state, it's corruption. "Bridgegate" anyone? I love my home state, but institutionalized corruption is pretty much taken for granted here."

So, when our AG went after Insys, the discovery process yielded a wealth of previously unreleased internal documents, detailing exactly how their illegal marketing, speaker reimbursement and pre-authorization works. This included blinded email copies to JK and top management. Yes, evidence of what they knew and when they knew it. Not to mention current employees incriminating email chains which take direct aim at Insys's "We are now fully compliant" defense.

Why do you suppose Insys released these documents to NJ, when they fought like hell to keep them from previous AG's ? It's the most interesting question on this board, and the answer will likely determine the fate of JK, among others.

Only a delusional idiot, or paid shill, would continue to post "Nothing to see here" nonsense.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It seems like Wall St. may finally be getting the message. Wonder that it took this long..

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In another example, on May 21, 2014, Beisler forwarded to a personal friend an email regarding a recent Insys-related investigation of prescribers, writing: "Yup. Fucked." In response to her friend's attempts to assuage her concerns by stating that "it's bad for the doc" and "not bad for your company," Beisler responded as follows: "The thing is they bribed the shit out [o]f that guy to write. The complaint shows ten other docs they also bribed."

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you had any clue you'd know the NJ Complaint is full of inaccuracies. Several reps throughout the country did group practice breakfast programs in large groups with multiple locations or hospitals yet NJ takes pieces of information and leaves out the rest. NJ is using horrifying tactics and I feel for everyone in that state. It makes absolute sense to give programs to an HCP that has clinical experience. Please explain how an HCP with little experience prescribing such a potent opioid is going to conduct an educational peer-to-peer discussion. Do you believe after just one or two RXs an HCP is capable of discussing safety, risks, dosing, tirf rems, conversion, efficacy and answer questions regarding the other hundred talking points I left out? This isn't Midol for God's sake, although it sounds like you may need some (mixed in with your antipsychotics). Your personal vendetta against this woman is getting old and quite frankly you sound like an obsessed moron...

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sue has obviously taken a move from Alec's playbook. Pretending to be someone else as she tries to defend herself on here.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Doubt it if you stalk her Fb page again

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Obsessed moron? Come now, that title's already been assigned (Just ask Tillerson)
    The NJ complaint is the most damning document against Insys to date. I'll agree it's horrifying because it offers an unprecedented look at just how depraved the Insys "business model" was. The source of all this sickening information....Insys. Emails, charts, bonus incentives for high dose initial prescriptions. Where do we find JK in all this, cc in detailed emails and corresponding personally with a low level sales rep. HUMM...,plausible deniability is slipping through his fat little fingers.

Your nonsensical defense of the "speaker program" is beyond laughable. Give it a rest, honey. Peer to peer discussions? About what? Their dose related "kickbacks" How high before they die? That's what the record indicates. Who are you and where is your head? The game is just about over and you seem to be busy rearranging chairs at the table.

As for a "personal vendetta" news flash, Pretty much the entire country is personally outraged by the Insys story. The company name has become synonymous with evil, reps are asked to leave offices and not return. Even Wall St. seems to be finally "getting it". Insys certainly doesn't add anything to your resume, with the possible exception of future incarceration
    So, NO, It's not personal, you all will be held accountable for your part in this sordid mess. Quite frankly.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh for sure. Every doctor discussed his high dose kickbacks during his speaker program. You are just a wealth of credible knowledge "honey"

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks ! I know ! Just to be clear, some docs didn't discuss anything. There were plenty of "programmy" lunches and breakfasts with fake attendance records and no lectures.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you cared to actually read the NJ lawsuit, it would be immediately apparent to you that the company directly tied "clinical experience" (prescription volume) to how much money they were willing to pay the doc in honorarium. Quid pro quo. Look it up.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Non satis certus ut vos es te ipsum auxilium cum hoc dicitur.

Yes, I read the entire NJ file and I can read Latin !
    This is fun though, or could be, if you were a few IQ points up the scale.
    But what the heck, you're probably considered a genius at Insys.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're an expert. https://translate.google.com/

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are so cynical. It's probably your best quality. I find it useful. As for my knowledge of Latin, 4 years of Ms
    Keller left me with a solid knowledge of the language. (But Google is helpful)

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

will sue visit JK in prison?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Law360, Boston (March 26, 2019, 8:38 PM EDT) -- Insys Therapeutics founder John Kapoor had a physical relationship with a sales representative who complained to him on several occasions about the structure of the company's speaker program, according to testimony by the former employee Tuesday as federal prosecutors continued their quest to prove Kapoor knew what was going on at all levels of his company.

After some prodding by Assistant U.S. Attorney David Lazarus, Susan Beisler told the Boston jury there was "one time" when her relationship with Kapoor turned physical. The details of that encounter weren't clear, but Lazarus elicited other testimony and presented documents throughout the day to suggest Beisler's cozy relationship with the pharmaceutical mogul was unusual for a low-level employee.

Beisler emailed Kapoor from her personal address and texted and called him on his personal cellphone, she said, telling Lazarus she was not aware of any other sales reps who communicated with Kapoor in those ways. On one occasion, Beisler testified, she and Kapoor went to dinner in New York — Beisler was based in New Jersey, Kapoor in Arizona — at a high-end sushi restaurant.

In the summer of 2013, Beisler emailed Kapoor multiple times to express her belief that other sales reps were allowed to allocate more speaker programs to doctors than she was, and that favoritism — namely, the friendships some reps had with vice president of sales Alec Burlakoff — was behind some of the decisions.

"Alec hires and promotes those he cares about and it's not always based on merit," Beisler wrote to Kapoor in a July 2013 email. She complained, in particular, about Michelle Breitenbach, a New Jersey sales rep who pled guilty last year to conspiracy to commit commercial bribery.

"Michelle did not do well at Insys until Alec offered her doctors unlimited speaker programs, and that's when she took off," Beisler wrote. "I, unfortunately, don't have any viable speakers in my territory. Yet I've gotten more new [prescription] writers from LESS programs than anyone in the region."

Lazarus pointed to other statements in Beisler's emails to Kapoor to suggest she was referencing the alleged bribery of doctors through Insys' speaker program.

"Nobody considers merit or experience, or the fact that [many] of our top reps' doctors are influenced by unlimited speaker honorariums," Beisler once wrote. "It all comes down to the bottom line."

In another message to Kapoor in July 2013, Beisler wrote: "Am I missing something here? My doctors adore me, everyone tells me I am amazing ... and I'm making less money than I have in 15 years, working around the clock." The problem, she wrote, was that Burlakoff made "promises to certain doctors of uncapped [speaker] fees."

The emails conveyed a mixture of frustration about not advancing within the company — though Beisler was ultimately promoted to a managerial role in 2015 — and adulation for Kapoor.

"I hope you will keep this in confidence because nobody knows I speak to you," she wrote in one email, adding: "You are the most amazing man I've met in my lifetime [38 years and counting!] ... Thanks for taking time to talk to me and many hugs and kisses."

Kapoor's wife died of breast cancer in 2005, seven years before Beisler started working for Insys. His wife's death purportedly led him to develop Insys' fentanyl spray, Subsys, as a way to help cancer patients manage their pain.

On cross-examination, lawyers for Kapoor and his four co-defendants, all former sales executives, prompted Beisler to confirm that she was not talking to Kapoor about any quid pro quo involving speaker fees and doctors' prescriptions of Subsys. Rather, Beisler said she felt doctors with more experience prescribing the drug were better suited to speak to other prescribers about its benefits.

"How can you speak intelligently about a product that you're not using?" Beisler said Tuesday.

Pete Horstmann, representing former sales executive Sunrise Lee, emphasized that Beiseler's frustration about the success of other sales reps was driving her communications with Kapoor.

"Would you agree you were suffering from a case of speaker envy?" Horstmann asked. Beisler answered affirmatively.

Unlike other witnesses, who have said Kapoor was a demanding boss who sometimes became angry when he didn't get his way, Beisler described Kapoor's demeanor with her as "funny, kind, receptive."

Read more at: Ex-Insys Rep Recounts Ties, Some Physical, To Founder - Law360