Successfully Killing Careers

Discussion in 'ACell' started by Anonymous, Apr 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where did that new "CEO" come from? Don't see a cv showing he ever ran a medical device company. It's better for those idiots still in charge to hire someone that doesn't understand how terrible they are.
    Word is out DOJ is closing in several former employees being interviewed by DOJ. Wonder if all that off label marketing material getting produced out of TX will fall into the DOJ hands?

That criminal of a VP of sales may be able to get the board and others to drink his koolaid but my guess is the DOJ will have other plans for his crooked ways.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are the former employees sale reps? A current employee would be better. I hope they were in positions to have first hand knowledge or proof. Hearsay doesn't work or DOJ will investigate but not pursue.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is plenty of proof. And plenty of people willing to share it with the DOJ. That's what happens when you treat your reps like trash.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enjoy the NSM!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of treating former reps like trash:

Its hysterical that almost everyone at ACell Corporate who is not in Sales seems to think ACell's outrageously high sales rep turnover is due to lazy reps "being fired for not performing".....lol.....Ain't that a hoot?

I think there's even a file of former reps in which most former reps are listed as "Terminated".....I bet a subpoena would be able to ferret that one out. DOJ might already have a copy, lol...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

newsflash: unless there is a legal or HR related reason for a sales rep termination, all sales termination decisions are made by sales management. nice try, troll.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Acell job seems to be vacant here every 6 months.

Either they can't pick reps or there is a BIG problem in house.

I am guessing it's more the second than the first.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what do you mean by "the ACell job"? each territory has a different sales representative.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I currently work for ACell and I can agree with a lot of the negative statements. Corporate has no clue what the selling environment is like in this sector of the market. Having very little data to support product claims makes selling difficult. You basically have to use the "just trust me" approach. Having said that I think the product has merit just VERY POOR upper management. In hindsight I wouldn't have taken this job had I known the disarray at the top. Rep turn over is high and I can understand why.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The job is open in Cincinnati every 6 months.

I can guarantee you that.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12 reasons why there is constant turnover:
    1) the company has been selling product for years with no clinical trials to back it (why haven't they published the DFU study?) & surgeons/clinicians are very concerned
    2) 'Record breaking' sales months & significant growth year-over-year that should help fund clinical trials (where is the money going?! - see 3 maybe)
    3) Building legal troubles with DOJ, CEO/board situation
    4) Regulatory issues (squashed reports on product complaints & outcomes) that aren't communicated to the sales force
    5) constant flux with indications (no powder with sheets for example)
    6) sell hernias but not the PSMT (wink, wink), and other 'confusions' from changing indications
    7) study from MSK (but hope no one actually reads it to see that its esophageal, had less than 50 patients, wasn't randomized or controlled, and included the surgeon shifting from one procedure to another) that you should use to sell colon anastomoses cases
    8) product training books collected & "they'll be replaced with new ones"
    9) no real contracts with IDNs/local hospitals (pricing yes, usage not necessarily) and no real support from corporate even with multiple physician advocates
    10) Lengthy turn around on consignment and other agreements causing missed cases (legal must be really, really busy with #3 & 4)
    11) change in compensation (salary=good), but commission structure that leaves the majority of reps making well below par within industry standards and variable (%) from month to month
    12) Lack of trust & respect from corporate for anyone but a very select few in the field (RMs, AMs, or TMs)

As a company, you can't expect stability & respect if you aren't providing it in return. Your field employees and the industry as a whole are questioning if Acell will exist in 6-12 months. You can tell us to sell more, do the job & quit complaining, but at some point we can no longer ignore the issues that are growing like a cancer within the company.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here's your first mistake. 9000 companies are all making the same product give or take.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PIP em all they all no good