Suicidal Thoughts End MedImmune Collaboration

Discussion in 'MedImmune' started by Anonymous, May 22, 2015 at 6:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amgen (AMGN) Dumps AstraZeneca PLC (AZN) Pact After Patients Developed Suicidal Thoughts

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif., May 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN) today announced the Company has commenced termination of its participation in the co-development and commercialization of brodalumab with AstraZeneca (LON:AZN, STO:AZN and NYSE:AZN). Brodalumab, an investigational IL-17 inhibitor, is in development for patients with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, and axial spondyloarthritis. The decision was based on events of suicidal ideation and behavior in the brodalumab program, which Amgen believes likely would necessitate restrictive labeling.

Ahh yes the GENIUS of MedImmune - no new drugs just huge amounts of ego - Right John ??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

too funny, remember all the chest pounding - Trainor SuperStar

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for MedImmune and I have those ideations from 9-5 M-F. No drugs needed.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes at AZ this is occuring twice a day - even without antiIL17

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

seriously. will we ever get an approval. how many will be cut over this failure.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fortunately Amgen over-reacted, this is an absolutely viable development program. We have reanalyzed the data - at the mid dose there are no events.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ASStraZeneca knows that a few deaths cant stop a high priced mediocre drug - that's our specialty. Full steam Ahead !!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont know about you... I'm just hanging around

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Meeeeee toooo! Just hanging, doing my thing casually, getting signatures, driving around, doing a little FMQ talking and waiting for the Holy Grail of severance.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tweedle dee, tweedle doo, working for Medi how bout you....