SUN - the Exodus, Part II

Discussion in 'Sun Pharma' started by anonymous, Apr 30, 2018 at 11:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a mess ... the reputation of this company is so bad that not only has nearly every key person left, but, Sun cannot attract any backfill talent.

In Opth, nearly 6 months after the first wave of leaders left, and with a significant delay in being able to hire a backfill for the BU Head role (where the first backfill left 60 days in), now 90 days have pasrc without being able to find a backfill.

So what does Sun do ? Well, they roll the Business Unit up under the Onc team leader. This is strictly an action by default: no one wants to come in to this cluster-f of a company. It also demonstrates Sun's lack of commitment to Opth. Third leader in 6 months. Way to go ! You can't sell BS in the US - you guys have shit the bed when it comes to your reputation. On top of that, the two most senior people in sales and marketing quit. In essence, they are saying f-you.

Do you guys get it yet?

So this is also the 3rd time in 6 months that the company has been forced to consolidate roles at the top because they could not get a senior-level person to take a job here. These were not the original intentions of the company, they were forced to make those consolidation moves (and likely position it after the fact as a strategic decision. Yeah, right.)

The bottom line: the voluntary Exodus continues, and you probably can't even count the number who left in the last year.

What a reflection on the reputation of Sun.

How sad.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BJ didn’t leave because of this, he left because people in the office were sick of him taking their food out of the break room refrigerator. To BJ: I know you took my dessert out of the fridge every Friday. Who’s dessert are you going to steal now? Who is the next victim of your voracious hunger?
    Watch out folks, sometimes hunger has a mind of its own.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True. Once in a meeting with him I saw him almost eat his own finger after mistaking it for a sausage.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

wow. That thread went south quickly

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's pretty bad here. Opth just lost a key marketer, the whole division has been without leadership for 6+ months.

You'll see some home office people leave in August after bonus payout. Some are just waiting for the check, then they're gone.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Simple. Indian. Arrogance.
    #gladimadethemove

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of the ballpark 5 good people in the home office, I'll bet 3 leave in the next 100 days.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The values (lack of) and behaviors that I've seen here have created a culture that's absolutely poisonous. Enough is enough, time to go.
    I won't make this kind of mistake again.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can tell you why BJ left. He created a completely toxic culture based on old school ways of doing business. He put the doctors “in the bag” not realizing it was wet and made of paper. He promoted people to management that have no business managing other, and they’re still here.
    I am so gone

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think it's at least partially systemic to the Indian culture. There's just a flat out lack of awareness and arrogance as it relates to doing business in the US.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where did BJ go?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JSP and Warner's company. Do you blame him? There has been NO leadership since JSP left

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The better question about Sun is not 'who has left the company', but rather 'who is still left'?

Not many. Not surprised.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'd agree with that and add that the leadership (Americans, except 1-2) are absolutely inept.

SUN seems to be the 'land of misfits', with our Sales, eh-hem, 'leader' at the top of the misfit pile.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Misfits: TG and his undressing of BU. Totally unprofessional. I guess he got his ass kicked by Abhay in his review this week.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'd heard he's now on a short leash, and he's got stuff to hit or he's out. Not a good time to take off for a couple of weeks right before the NSM.

That shows he's just a face of, not the brains behind, running the business.

#thiswillbehislastonewehope

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are still work at Sun, that means that nobody else wants you. You have attempted to find alternative options of work and have failed.

Sorry, but those are the facts! Nobody in their right minds would remain there at ones own will. Dermatology laughingstock.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And the factual flip side of the above is that the company cannot get anyone to fill open positions created by the Exodus.

Relatively basic sales or marketing positions have been open for 4-6 months with no takers.

The Opth BU Head position was vacated when JSP left last October, then it was months to fill with an internal candidate (JM), who lasted maybe 90 days reporting to Abhay, then, they recruited and recruited. No takers.

There were candidates who were contacted for that BU Head position and who refused to come in because of the company culture and reputation. So, they had to combine it under Onc.

They've had to combine other roles after having a lack of success in recruiting for them. This was not the strategy, but the default, under the guise of a 'more effective and integrated' leadership structure.

BS.
    #dyingonthevine

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that.
    Those who remain are feeble, weak and or tied to a big signing bonus (ZK).

There also a few who are awaiting the home office bonus, which takes over 4 months to get paid out after the year-end close. Is that ridiculous or what?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There were quite a few that were tricked into coming here by lying Aholes. People that were once trusted... Severely damaged people’s career or all out ruined them. It’s really sad because some good people really got screwed.