Sunovion - $23M under forecast, but shhh! Japan can't know

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by anonymous, Jul 13, 2018 at 9:24 AM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a total (**&*( show this place is!
    Current state:
    • No head of Sales.
    • No head of Marketing (Yeah! DS shown the door, she needs of CPR = complete personality resuscitation).
    • No one knows what's going to happen with Latuda patent.
    • Latuda sales down $20+M.
    • Not sure we want to do anything with the Respi portfolio we acquired 1.5 yrs. ago. WTF? Who would even want to take on either of those roles?
    Oh, and we're $23M below forecast and the wingnut with the British accent at the top is directing his CET not to tell Japan. Yes, this has been repeated frequently during various meetings, even with external vendors, "we can't let Japan find out"....well, I hope they do! Japan!! Are you listening??
    DF needs to do HIS JOB and act like a CCO. That means look out for the financial interests of the owners of the company. That means don't LIE and actively deceive with a shell game of finances. Your "strategy" of taking money from all the other brands weakens us unilaterally. You're setting us up for worse failure next quarter when sales continue to decline. Not to mention what you're doing to our ability to launch new brands when you're sucking every dollar out. How the hell do you take brands to market with no $$ to adequately market them? And DF, you yourself said we're not good at launching....no shit! Especially not with you leading the effort!
    You and the LET/CET that are participating in this incredibly stupid game of chicken are gambling with everyone's jobs and families and the stability of this company. You are all complicit in a level of fraud and misrepresentation = so much for living by the Sunovion principals of "acting with integrity". Thank you for demonstrating what a load of BS your 2020 initiative is.
    Doesn't anyone in leadership have a spine?? Doesn't anyone give a crap about doing the right thing and looking out for the whole enterprise, not just now, but future impact over the next 12+ mo of these decisions? All because you want to keep a facade up for Japan?
    DF and BG and cronies are too busy preserving their puffy, white middle aged male Republican pharma country club - complete with brand new, fat old man MBS500 and Range Rovers. You play the part well. Too bad you can't lead to save your life...or the company.
    DF - your ego and arrogance are only matched by recklessness and incompetence. BG, you and your outdated thinking should've retired at least a decade ago. Look at most of Sr. leadership - they've been here 8-16 years, caught in this outlier island of pharma, acting and marketing like most companies did 10 years ago. Stick around long enough and you get promoted, regardless of whether or not you know how to do the job - never seen such a group of incompetent people at Director levels and above. Cling to the Sunovion life raft, your life is good here. You're big fish in a small, drama filled, toxic pond. You'd get chewed up and spit out at most other companies.
    Hang on people. Things are going to get ugly. Things are spinning and the downward spiral has begun.
    Fastest growing pharma my ass. Biggest pharma f'up is more like it.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

head of sales left???

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree with above. Most people who've come to Sunovion within the last 2 years constantly scratch their head and ask, WTF? How does this stuff go on? How are these people in these jobs? I bet you will start to see attrition in the coming months....
    And P.S. - today's Friday Forum was intentional "messaging" designed & scripted to blow smoke up everyone's butt and restore some sense of optimism because they know morale is sinking and Sr Leadership looks and acts like they don't know which end is up.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can explain a Latuda decline in sales. Raised the price to the point of no return. Most patients don’t have $400 to $800 to contribute to the $1600 a month cost. Insurance companies aren’t stupid. They’re cost shifting the ridiculous mark up. Oops. Not the last year to sell after all. Somebody has egg in their face,

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great point. And it's in complete alignment with another Sunovion principle: "putting the patient at the center of everything". And they're paying for it.

Sad thing is, the people here who really do the work and know how much these products help people, it is a driving motivator and we believe we're helping.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The fish rots from the head down.
    DF = Epic Fail. It's about time someone's calling bullshit on this idiot.
    I wouldn't want him handling my checkbook.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LMAO, 9 posts in 18 hours, starting at 9am and ending at 5am. Sit home alone getting drunk and ranting on CP much? Your crowning moment is when you call your original post a "masterpiece." Looks like the only post that's not you is the one telling you that you need 40mg.
    Looking forward to your posts insisting that this is from multiple people!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To whom ever raised the question about multiple people posting - yes, it is from multiple people. I don't know why it's so hard to imagine that other people feel the same, unless you don't sit in the Marlborough offices.
    The first post is the result of genuine disgust and concern after witnessing in multiple meetings, on all the brands, where they're being asked to "give money back" to cover the $23M shortfall. And Sr level leaders are saying "Japan can't find out". When that decision is made, collectively, at the senior level to behave that way, that's cause for concern. That is contrary to all the values we say we operate by. How do you trust someone, with anything, who's willing to do this and direct his management to follow along?
    That post is also the result of interactiving with a collection of people in management positions that I will never be able to understand how they got there. They've all been boxed up nice and tight, safe in the la la land they've created in Marlborough and they never leave. So things are stagnant. People are out of touch. Things are beyond the beyond conservative. We are not competitive, we are not innovative.
    Whomever you are, these things should concern you too, unless you're already looking for another job. This is mismanagement at the highest level. This is arrogance, this is gambling with our company's future.
    If I was sitting around drunk, ranting about Sunovion isn't something I'd be wasting time on.
    I think there's some good here, there are some smart, good people, there is potential. But I'm watching the light fade and someone needs to ask why were are letting this happen.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am amazed that you all think someone would get in trouble for being 4-5% below budget. It was the first fiscal quarter of year.

Get a grip folks, we have been delivering 5-20% above budget for over 10 years. This is a downfall and you are either on board or not.

If you are a rep, sell, if you a marketer, then do marketing. As in, do your job. The ELT are not 100% in charge, we all are. Instead of wasting your time posting about how this place sucks, work on getting your resume fixed and leave.

Welcome to business champ. And btw...if you want to help us hit our bottom line numbers, feel free to donate your ridiculous bonus this company pays. It will be gladly accepted as a donation.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Current state" is all fact. Not a good situation
    Lying isn't a solution.
    Environment is changing, would agree we don't have the leadership in place who can handle managing through the change.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then why are they trying to cover it up? Why don't they want Japan to know? And why would your response be taking $MM away from your existing brands, including launch brands? If they're not afraid, in what "business camp" would this be sound strategy???
    This IS coming from the ELT/CET.
    And I don't get one of those ridiculous bonuses.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please stop posting. You’re the only one who cares enough to post long winded rants about Sunovion leadership and how they’re screwing you. Just go to a different company if you’re miserable.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hmmm. Smells like someone in leadership.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no one has said they're getting screwed. no one has said they're miserable. maybe all those words are too much for you to read? someone is calling the facts like they see them. maybe it's all hitting too close to home.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re annoyingly and no one cares. Go away

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have guys have it made selling Latuda! Just try selling Rexulti, then you will see just how lucky you are!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP is real and only half the story. Looking around the corner we see:

Dasotraline - Best case, approved with some horrible label, likely case, not approved. Bubye.

APL - A pending nightmare. Commercially unviable (mouth ulcers, etc.), 4 months behind a better product (Acorda) and with a crazy high forecast no one wants to take down because it means admitting to Japan we overpaid for it.

Lonhala- doing ok for now, but will halt in its tracks when Mylan hits the market with the better product, that can be used in a standard jet neb, later this year.

Handhelds- over before it started. What kind of fool buys a 4th entrant product with head to head inferiority data to an in-class competitor.

Latuda - we had a great run, but all good things must come to an end. Generic in short order.

Aptiom/Brovana- little growth and both generic in 2021