super dimensions surgical solutions

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Aug 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone tell me about this division? What is the main product sold? Wo are the main call points? I understand mainly OR sales. What is salary/comp? ANy feedback is appreciated

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you google the company it will tell you all you need since it is just being brought into Covidien. You will probably know more than us who are within Covidien if you are interviewing since it was just recently purchased. Nothing has really been announced internally. There are rumors but nothing substantiated regarding what types of reps they will be hiring. Good luck.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One thing for sure, sd has let it be known that they will not be entertaining any resumes from current Covidien employees. So if you are with ethicon or Applied or pharma you have a good shot. The current leadership would rather get rid of current employees than let them transfer. Pretty sad if I must say so.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

peripheral bronchocopy using electromagnetic navigation.

They are targeting pulmonologists, thoracic surgeons, and possibly some general surgeons.

It is a lot of flash, and not a lot of real substance, although hospitals are buying like crazy right now, because its the newest toy.

Veran medical is a competitor, as is different modality for the same purpose from Olympus with its mini probe and guide sheath system.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Covidien R-D $ = Substance... get on board with this technology! Lung cancer screening is just starting and and technology in the lung space is a new and upcoming one right now!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

has anyone started interviewing for this position yet? I had a phone screen few weeks ago but never heard anything else. Anyone get a call yet past the phone sceen?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody interviewing got any info to share. I got called by a recruiter for a position that will be interviewing in a few weeks

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be ready to list in order of importance to you.. 1 through 5

Opportunity for career advancement
    quality of life
    comp
    recognition
    corporate culture

And dont f.. it up or the interview will be over almost immediately.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any insight into the survey?!? All the above are important to some degree. What's the absolute wrong answers???

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you get to the survey after you have interviewed with the manager you answer honestly how you truly feel. Don't bother trying to out think it. There are no golden answers. They are gauging you on how you currently sell. Remember in the interview you explained to the manager why and how you've been successful, etc. etc. Now this survey will tell them if you are really that way or just a great interviewer.

If you are taking the survey first the manager will use this as a gauge if you qualify to meet with said manager during the interview process. They are looking for consistencies from the answers and seeing where your weak spots may be so they can discuss them with you in their Covidien way. Every manager has a different time as to when they expose the candidates to the test/survey. Some do it before the phone interview or 1st face to face while others get down to the top 2 and have them take it to see if 1 or both are going to the final.

Downside to this survey. If by chance you happen to bomb it, you are no longer viable to any Covidien openings. The results are accessed by all of the HR groups since they all use it and it will come up during the interview process if you go after another position. Right now you must grade a B or A overall to be considered. C or below ko's your eligibility.

If you are going through a recruiter they will know whether or not you passed since the manager's do tell them if anyone is going through after the test. If you are an applicant to their website you will never know until you get picked up for that or another opening. So if you do it and you get called for the 1st round, you passed the survey. If you never heard from anyone, odds are you did not pass.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear SD is the prized company to be with at Covidien and an easy sale once the device is in.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It depends on who you talk to.

You have to realize the team is split up. You either sell the capital component only or the disposables into the hospitals that have already bought it. Somewhat like the Intuitive blueprint.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any ideas on compensation for the surgical rep selling the disposables? Seems like a great gig but change is always concerning.

How has the response been from doctors and hospitals to the product?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only problem with superD is that Brent Boucher is there.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brent is amazing. If you don't believe me just ask him he will tell you all about it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah ok Brent......your name should be Brent DOUCHEr

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is this that survey they link you to via email after you apply for an opening online? takes a half hour or whatever and is full of stupid questions ?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it is

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, who has some honest feedback they'd like to share about selling this unit? Are goals realistic and attainable? How is technology? Recruiter told me there is no competition currently. Navigation technology in general can be very fussy at times and others can work beautifully.
    I like the looks of everything but would appreciate any real life feedback.

Thanks

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brent is out. He works for Intuitive now.