Susan Hamel Northeast Recruiter

Discussion in 'Syneos Health' started by Anonymous, Feb 24, 2012 at 2:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When a recruiter is working a full day to search and screen candidates for many different contracts there really isn't time enough in the day for a response to everyone they come into contact with. Just deal with it, if you are a fit you will be contacted if you are not you won't. Deal with it, they have a life outide of work and by no means will they be calling to give you lip service when they don't have to.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Excuses for someone who doesn't treat people well

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a DM who had to work with her to hire my team. SHE IS A NIGHTMARE to work with! I can't believe Inventiv keeps her around...she sends denial letters out to candidates who I told her to extend offers out to. She is totally rude to candidates and has a poor attitude towards qualified candidates. She obviously cannot handle the stress of being a recruiter and should move on to a position where she does not have to interact with people!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you have to remember the thankless job these recruiters have. Think about it, all day they have to sift through the failures and castoffs of other pharma companies. Think about how many stupid, lame, and basket case representatives there are out there working in pharma. NOW think of the ones that couldn't even manage to hold on to a cush job like that and have to come trolling to a CSO. That's what poor Sue has to deal with ALL DAY.

Pity her...don't chastise her!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. Good quality reps are having to turn to CSO because Big Pharma is in free fall. Pharmaceutical rep lays off are over 300,000 and double what they were last year. The truth is that Susan for some reason has a bad attitude and bad etiquette toward anyone that doesn't serve her immediate purpose. The previous DM poster is correct- she should get out of recruiting if she can't handle the stress and act professionally toward candidates that deserve some respect.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She will not last. Don't make excuses that she is too busy. Her disrespectfulness is because she is not happy with herself. If I was her, I would be really embarrassed to have my name out here with all these comments!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is NO EXCUSE TO TREAT people like crap! She is a stupid, lame, basket care RECRUITER! I do NOT feel bad for POOR Sue. She is CRAZY

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to say this about Sue Hamel, when you are in her good graces, she will always try and get you into a role. However, when you bug her about openings, she gets pissy and you become persona non grata.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The reason people "bug" her is because she NEVER calls back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She once told me that the only people she calls back are those who are qualified for a role. I know it does suck and yes common courtesy dictates that EVERYONE should be treated with Dignity, but in case you missed it, VENTIV is a classless organization! With that being said, Sue Hamel is definitely in line with Corporate culture. My advice is to NOT WORK HERE! IT SUCKS!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I AGREE do not work here..However, Sue Hamel only calls you back if she likes you not if you are qualified. She has her favorites and will break rules to get someone on a contract whom she likes. Does not matter if you are qualified or not. I know a lot of candidates who were not qualified for a position but she slipped them through. Ventiv sucks and so does Sue Hamel!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She once touched my Pepi!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

she is one crazy ass biatchhhh only helps you if you can help her. meaning if there is no one else to fill position.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sue is great at what she offers! A nice flat head to rest your drink on!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One-Word...Bi-polar! She was so different from one phone call to the next, I didn't even know I was talking to the same woman. HOT when she needs you; COLD when she doesn't - and that's putting it mildly.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You guys have to chill, we get it. You've had rough experiences with her. Guess what, it's contract. Everyone she is dealing with has had a rough go of things from layoffs and none of us are happy about starting over. Susan Hamel deals with a lot of people, I'm sure more than any of us can imagine. There are a ton of us frustrated, angry, people looking for jobs. She could not possibly call everyone back. HR limits companies so much now that very few respond back at all to say that they went with a different candidate. Don't take it personally. These folks get paid by screening and selecting winning candidates. The bad attitudes and thin skin, think about how you wear that in every interaction. Believe it or not negativity is hard to hide. Best advice any of you will get on CP: Let go of the anger you have from getting laid off. It was a numbers thing, a realignment and it wasn't about you. Most importantly, it isnt about the person trying to recruit you for a new job either. Be professional in every interaction. Say thank you gracefully. Always ask politely for continued consideration for the next contract they are working on. Write thank you letters and emails as an immediate follow-up. Make sure you send a professionally prepared resume with each correspondence and lastly, don't pester. You will stand out.
    I speak from experience. I missed out on the Amylin Bydureon launch three years ago. A position opened a month later on a specialty team on same contract and she reached back out to me and was able to get me in front of hiring manager. Best resurrection of my career I could have hoped for. Respect what they do, be a professional and may you have the same success. Good luck. Thank you Susan!!!!!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't bother. She's a rep killer. If your not in her clique your dead to her. Even if you were highly referred to DM! Very unprofessional never returns calls or emails.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She's an idiot. I wouldn't trust a thing she says.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest