Sybron Implant Direct Management and Employees Leaving?

Discussion in 'Sybron/Implant Direct' started by myreal name, Sep 14, 2015 at 9:02 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
?

Is Implant Direct Management taking in the right or wrong direction?

1. Right direction

2. Wrong direction

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. myreal name

myreal name Guest

A couple months ago the best Region Mgr in the company left Implant direct to go work for a denture mill. Two weeks ago I heard TS's education manager left the company.This weekend I was told that the Vice President of Sales, JC, left Implant Direct. The best inside customer service representatives have left. What is going on at Implant Direct and why are the best people leaving??
    No marketing, no communication, products out of stock, or new products that serve no purpose?

Aaronjacobson likes this.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm curious: You say "All the best people leaving" but I don't understand. Joe Campbell was likely fired for lack of performance, many inside sales people have been promoted to HIGHER positions, Education boss was offered a way better job and the best Regional Manager? You're kidding right?

YesI work for these people, but you need to be objective, and you re being deceptive. Are we problem free? Nope. Nor is Nobel, Straumann, or ANY of the implant companies. Check out their threads here. Everyone complains. Fruitless really.

1940's basic success. Hasn't change in years:

Price.....Always been a leader here. Others followed. You're welcome Doc's and Patients.
    Product.....ID has a pretty fine offering. Better that 99% of competitions.
    Promotion....OK. A little weak here but its coming. Don't hold your breathe but its coming.
    Place.....Made in the good ol' USA. Beat that!

If I was to go out on a limb here, I would say you are an under ID performing rep, a disgruntled ex-rep or may this is Joe C???? Magic? No. Just a good guess.

Aaronjacobson likes this.
  3. myreal name

myreal name Guest

Joe didn't have a lack of performance. Joe was a great manager and leader. Joe had to deal with major operations management mistakes and it sounds like he was the fall guy. On top of allowing major, major back orders by not adequately purchasing/operating enough milling machines to produce the product that was demanded, the executives focused on lasers, marketing for other companies, out of stock bone products, and basically anything except implants, their core product. Having customers leave in droves because of the lack of on-demand core product is not something Joe had any control over. That is all operations.

Inside reps promoted? Not sure what world you live on but the best inside reps have left the company. There are still great ones there but none have been promoted. Maybe you can name one?

They don't even have drill stops, or plans to have drill stops. Who in 2015 doesn't have drillstops?

Price.....Mid Range
    Product.....Good but quickly being surpassed (drill stops, scanning, custom abutments, ugly surgical kit, horrible lines on drills, poorly planned guided kit, etc)
    Marketing....Gotten progressively worse (Newsletter? Customer email updates? National speaker endorsements? New Brochures? Slides? Management in the news? Implant Direct articles? Crickets chirping)
    Place.....Made in the USA is great I agree. Unfortunately the buyers have found competitors that manufacture in the US or they just don't care where they are manufactured.

Since your post I heard another great regional manager left, and good reps are heading for the doors.

If I had to take a guess I would say you are Implant Direct Management, or a new rep that doesn't have a lot of implant experience under their belt. Just a guess. I wish you luck.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

nobody knows the real reason why Joe C. left as VP of sales. He was pushed out by upper mgmt for some reason.

Backorders on implants have not happened for many months now, that was a problem that was corrected early in the year, due to large orders from overseas that were not accounted for or planned for.

As far as i've seen, not many reps have left in the past year. A few have, and was due to personal reasons or a better opportunity (so they think). We did just lose our head of our education dept, but that was his choice as he was not a good fit for the position.

As far as marketing goes, Implant Direct has a new marketing lead that is coming out with some great stuff. We have lacked in that dept and now with new direction, i'm looking forward to what we will be doing with new products and marketing.

We actually do custom abutments and bars and accept exocad and 3shape scans.

If you really need drill stops, you can purchase them from zosseo. Most doctors do not need drill stops to place implants. I'm confident we will have them in future for those that do.

There are alot of changes happening in the structure of management and different layers changing. Yes, one mgr just left but that happens everywhere. Reps are NOT heading for the doors and although the comp plan is solid, I've heard they will be changing it soon for the better as well.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just read this last post and I'm pissed that I will never get that 1 minute and 30 seconds back. Wasted, gone forever
    Who buys these shitty products

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, according to our numbers about $9 million/ month. That's who.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How does that Kool-Aid taste?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This thread is laughable. Look, we are owned by a much larger company and therefore have little control. Back orders have always been a problem, Joe C was let go for obvious poor performance reasons from bosses at Danaher. You are responsible for your numbers and many of these things are out of his control. Mgmt changes like wind here anyways. Comp plan changes every year for past 4 years (it's not bc they are trying to help us). Many good reps have left because of this as well as good Mgrs. It's a company with an decent product, terrible reputation, priced in middle now and with purchase of Nobel no one knows for sure but we assume they will be the main company under Danaher and possibly integrate the two sales forces like all other companies do. It's not pretty but it's the obvious truth.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are not owned by Danaher otherwise you would be posted on their website.

Joe is a high performer who left.

You are one of the mushrooms that stick around due to a lack of skill or employment opportunities in your geography.

What's in a name? In this case everything. ..it sucks.

Products no doubt best in the industry for the price.

Investment in people is not the play and many may want these earning years back after all the time they spent waiting for their ship to come in with a better comp plan.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Investment in people is not the play and many may want these earning years back after all the time they spent waiting for their ship to come in with a better comp plan."

Why stay in such a dead-end shit low-pay job with zero security ?

Have some balls. Try something else

You're Welcome, debt serf tax payer donkeys.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ummmm....we actually are owned by Danaher....75%. Since 2010. Danaher buys premium priced companies and value based companies in all their vertical markets, and that is what they did with Nobel as well.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It sounds like YOU are "owned" by your manager. I give the manager credit for doing the hardest sales job of all...making reps believe they have a future.

Good luck and no sarcasm intended I really do mean good luck.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard the mid west mgr is awfully "close" to his top rep who is actually running the region. Rumor has when she calls her colleagues they are reluctant to want to share. Ant truth to this my ID peeps?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thanks for the Good luck. I'm not sure why i'm "owned" by my manager. If we are discussing our ownership, we are owned by Danaher. That is a fact, so not sure what we are discussing here. They also own Nobel now.

We have been selling implants in some capacity since the mid 1980's. I think we will stick around for a bit. Thanks.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. Joe Campbell was clearly a high performer. Hi was so high in fact, the ony sales that went up in his region were Visine sales.

I don't recommend being high work.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a clever play on words. Your "State of the Union" address is about as useful as picking out drapes for a house that is on fire. Keep fiddling Nero.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sorry chump. http://www.kavokerrgroup.com/ we are owned by Danaher, so get your facts straight. Kavo Kerr Group.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How much Kavo Kerr stock can I buy? Oh ya...none...HA! Here it is right from the DHR site...sorry, not sorry I hurt your feelings.

[​IMG]
    You are here

BUSINESS DIRECTORY
    DENTAL

Company
    Segment
    DEXIS
    Dental
    Gendex
    Dental
    i-CAT
    Dental
    Instrumentarium Dental
    Dental
    KaVo
    Dental
    Kerr
    Dental
    Kerr TotalCare
    Dental
    Nobel Biocare
    Dental
    Ormco
    Dental
    Pelton & Crane
    Dental
    SOREDEX
    Dental

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know you are little slow so I'm going to spell it out for you. We are a joint venture still....owned 25% by Niznick still, so we might not actually be in your little directory. But if you go to the website kavokerrgroup.com you will see our logo scrolling right at the top. I can't believe I just wasted 2 mins of my life proving this to someone who probably can't read.