Syneos security & longevity

Discussion in 'Syneos Health' started by anonymous, Apr 19, 2020 at 9:39 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm on a new project which launched a new drug at the beginning on March. Only in the field for 2 weeks before announced quarantine(pulling reps from field, shutdown offices, HCPs working from home etc). The leadership for both entities is saying all the correct things regarding intentions to keep us aboard and I'm definitely grateful for the opportunity to work (calling offices, trying to extend conversations/reach prescribers, trying to schedule webex presentations-it all seems awkward but there's really no playbook; and simply doing nothing is not an option).

Historically, is Syneos/Inventiv pro-rep with regard to doing the right things by their people? I've heard all the bashing that typically goes with CSOs but there's really not a lot of "reputation" to research with either Syneos or the customer Co.

The product is the first of its kind, the people are great. Hassling offices feels clunky but it's the norm for all pharma now. My concern is about the conversations that are taking place at much higher levels than we are privy to. There may be absolutely zero to worry about & that would be fantastic. There are just a few too many stories of companies doing the opposite

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Syneos will do whatever your parent company decides to do. These jobs are the worst in the industry. If you’re expecting a job with syneos to be anything more than a bridge or a resume filler, you’re the one with the problem, Not the bottom feeders at syneos HQ. This is also a good place to get a paycheck while you get a side business you & running.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Every job is a “contract” these days. Make sure you have a spouse with income or adequate money saved when the inevitable layoff hits every year or two.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My guess would be you are safe if you are launching a new drug or product. They are going to need reps after this, so why re-hire all over again? Hiring and training is expensive! I'd think launching something new would be safer than having an older drug.
    I have seen it all being in contract for 5 years, though. I have seen Syneos do great things for its employees. I have also seen contracts end when reps were told the contract was strong. As someone else mentioned, it's up to the client, not Syneos.
    I think regardless if we are in a pandemic or not, contracts can end at any time. It's best to always save money for when it ends. You'll sleep better at night for it. If you can't take the hit and need something more stable, then contract might not be the best fit.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pandemic or not, you will always be in a better situation if you are with a company not a contract.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Continued stream of thought from the above post… So, op, if you were possibly asking if you should be looking for something else? My answer is: if you were on a contract you should always be looking for something better.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are laid off, syneos will make no effort to place you on another contract. With syneos, it’s not a question of IF you will be disposed of, but WHEN.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is neuro contract Syneos contracting with?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Almatica to sell Gabapentin (lol) and some other loser drug that another company doesn't want.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Love the thread title! Oxymoron for sure. Syneos will never be looking out for you unless it aligns with its own interests. Simple as that.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which company does? Which coworkers do? They’re all the same. Just collect that paycheck and once the ride ends because it will, hop on another.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anything you hear on this thread will be speculation, no one has the answers you are looking for, period.

Some may say contract is going to be the way to go moving forward, cost less to train and deploy and cost 1/2 or 2/3 what a rep makes directly working for a manufacturer.
    Contract decisions are driven by the client, speculate from there..... would the client company of your contract cut reps through syneos??

Remember-there is a very good chance manufacturing is going to return to the USA, so profit margins will be thinner and overhead will need to be reduced to stay profitable...
    So many ways this could go, don't drive yourself crazy looking for answers that don't exist (you may feel better temporarily) but you will never really know.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ll take manufacturer over CSO any day. When you leave Syneos, depending on the contract, you will likely not be paid for all earned PTO, given 2-4 weeks notice tops, not be paid all your earned IC. Big Pharma takes way better care of their own than CSO

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is anyone working in the field yet? I’m not sure how much longer I’m going to keep getting paid to stay at home and try to schedule a zoom meeting with doctors.