syneos

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Sep 17, 2018 at 8:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I voted for Obama too but I’m not a misogynystic fool like you.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know the Advair team had 300 reps. Do we know how many are on the embedded contract?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There was 200 embedded reps at the original training class, in NJ. Then a lot were laid off 8 months later.... not sure how many total. I didn’t ask ....was just happy I wasn’t one of them.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I remember hearing some number like that... but later I heard that more were added one by one over time. So not sure about the numbers now. But, yeah, I think we are all hoping we don't get the axe at this point.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Prior to team breo being created, there were just under 300 advair reps and around 175 embedded reps. I know this bc from our webex meeting invites fir each team showed us the specific number of invitees. The embedded team being put on breo had a separate training call where we could choose between 2 times, on the one that i was in, there were around 40 embedded reps transferrin to breo team. Not sure how many were on the other call but it at least gives you an idea of how many embedded are left at this point.

Good luck if you are still waiting on placement.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which call were you on? I was on the first call...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are both Obama idiots.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was on the 2nd one

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve seen Syneos postings selling an asthma product which I think is Breo. Why are they posting with all these other reps on hold, etc.? Are the postings for recently laid off GSK reps to apply?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t think they are allowed to apply for those positions.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can anyone tell me what the product is for the team being hired and in place to start 1/7/19?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The hiring is for the vaccine team

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A sales team for Syneos is hiring some Anoro reps.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s happening. Heard my first story yesterday of a patient on Breo who left the pharmacy with a Wixela (“generic” Avair) product.
    So if pharmacy can switch a Breo Rx to Wixela, will they also switch Symbicort, too?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was an Advair rep and then moved into an embedded position on a GSK front line team selling Breo. The hardest part of that position is the pay! You can be destroying your counterparts and teammates numbers and you make half the money. These positions are not conducive to a successful “team.’ I left and found a great company but the experience was pretty good.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Contract is the wave of the future. We will all be contract at some point. Just a matter of time.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's true.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All new territory vacancies will be either left open or will be filled by Syneos reps. The only caveat will be for displaced Nucala reps. Listen, Advair had a legendary run! It changed how Asthma and COPD are treated. The Elipta portfolio is nice, but at the end of the day is still a direct descendant of Advair. Generic Advair will have an impact on managed care in the near future. This story has played out over and over and over with medications who's patent life expires. Andrew Witty did a horrible job of building a pipeline for all of you..F-ing horrific job! He was too focused on saving third world countries. What is the result of his ineptitude? Both GSK and the third world countries he tried to help will both suffer. There is an old saying, a wise proverb that states " charity begins at home". Meaning, in order to help others, you must make sure that your immediate family is strong and safe. By following these words, you can help ensure that those who are less fortunate may also have a better future. Folks, I'm unsure of what the future holds. But when you begin to see a contract company replace embedded positions, I think we can all read the writing on the wall. So here are my words of advice...get out while you can. It's no fun putting a resume and linkedin profile together, but do it! There are other companies that have brighter futures with more opportunities. Or, stay put. Wait for the axe to fall. Be forced into interviewing along with all your colleagues. Sure, that severance is great..until four months in and you begin to stress. You end up taking the first offer and short change your career. Bottom line, despite what management is telling you, this division is gone by end of 2020. Due to pricing pressure which has created a lack of profitability. Sure our sales are at a billion per year for Anoro but our profit is 50 million. Get out while you can my friends. Your destiny is still in your hands...for now.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yep