TACLONEX!!! We are F$$@#%$cked!!!

Discussion in 'Connetics' started by Anonymous, Mar 22, 2006 at 11:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just got my Taclonex backgrounder...WE ARE FUCKED!!!! If VANOS can get 60-70 per week with zero efficacy, what is this once daily combination product with great efficacy going to do to my numbers.

The sad fact is we might have to sell against them on cost.
    "Doctor, why give a patient a Rolls Royce when all they need is a BMW". Not sure we want to be talking about cost. Cost-effectiveness has never been the clarion call of Connetics.

I am reminded of Ghostbusters: "Get him? That was your plan? Get him?". Utterly fucking hopeless. Thank God for giftcards. It may be the only way I will be able to eat after Taclonex is launched.

Good luch to all!!! We'll need it!! [​IMG]

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you are paranoid. We pretty much already lost the body business to Clobex and Vanos. This won't be a scalp product. True Taclonex will essentially kill any growth prospects for the body if they weren't dead and gone already but most of us have already had the bon voyage party for the body business. If I sold Clobex or Vanos I would be much more worried.

At this point it definitely will be insult to injury but hardly fatal.

At least we still have the scalp. That should help you get to 70% of your quota!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Chicken Little,

Taclonex is just Dovonex with a steroid, most derms prescibe Dovonex with a steroid anyway (usually Ultravate), now they are just in the same tube.

In short, you already "lost" the business to Dovonex a long time ago, this isn't anything new.

Feel better now?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The fact is Taclonex will cost over 400. Which means 500 retail with no 2nd tier coverage. The stuff is an ointment- and it is only a class III. Go on Taclonex .com and print out their prescribing information and show your docs it has a clear or almost clear rate at only 47% after 4 weeks.

This stuff sucks and we can compete against it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your foam burns!!!!!!!!!! OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! My skin is on fire!!!!!! And so dry!!

Arsenick used to be cosmetically elegant too.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just talked to one of my Docs who I am good friends with. We really are screwed. Their clearing rate is much higer than the 40% or so someone quoted. Also it is a class II not a class III. Also they have coupons for every script AT the pharmacy. I will be able to keep a little business with people I have relationships with, but for the most part he said we are looking at the new market leader with Taclonex.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please read the PI and Rx information on Talconex.com the above post on clearing rates is correct. This stuff is not as good as clobetasol. If you talk to your doctors they will tell you class I and clobetasol specifically is superior. The only guys that are saying Taclonex is a class II is the Taclonex folks. Show me their information that proves it is a class II. This stuff will not work better or faster than clobetasol.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The taclonex guys are using the PASI BS to try to hide the fact that the actual clearing rate after 4 weeks is in the 40% range. I went on their web site under Rx information. The above posts on the clear rates on Taclonex is correct. I feel much better now. I can compete against a greasy ointment that takes 4 weeks to work about as well as our product does in two weeks. I am going to party to night and not worry about this crap or this crappy new competitor anymore. Happy easter!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Idiot-
    Does not even know how to spell arsenic !
    Who are these children?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Taclonex has 47% clearing on mild to severe psoriasis of the BODY. Olux has 28% clearing on mild to moderate psoriasis (keep in mind - a LESS severe patient-type). Where is the comparison?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Easy. It's in the huge difference in how treatment success is defined. They had a simple clear or almost clear endpoint. OLUX had a composite score of ISGA & individual signs of psoriasis. A very important difference. Take a look as the OLUX data on ISGA alone and compare those numbers. Then your closer to how the two compare.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why compare a class I to a class II or III. A class I clobetasol product will win over a class II anything everytime. If Taclonex is so great why did they not do studies versus clobetasol. The stuff has been in Europe for several years. The European docs do not use clobetasol. It is a very different situation in the US. They have overestimated the market potential for this greasy crap in the US.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Easy, we have a two week indication. You are comparing two week data versus Taclonex at 4 weeks. Run a clobetasol product out to 4 weeks and it beats Taclonex everytime.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Generic clobetasol is just as good as your BURNING FOAM. Oh but guess what, it doesn't cost $250 bucks per can. You can take your "cosmetically elegant" foam and shove it up your funky ass along with history's other great marketing scams. Remember "rich corinthian leather"? Managed care is slowing lowering the guillotine on Connetics. Tick tock.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ding dong...times up and OLUX is still rocking and rolling!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: TACLONEX!!!

I am a consumer and was surprised when my copay was $100. and that my insurance paid $500. I never thought that any medication was worth that, but I have been so pleased with the results. After only 4 days of use, my psoriasis is almost gone!!!!!! It has been remarkable.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why does Taclonex COST so much?
    it's insane and a total rip-off.

18. Jonny B

Jonny B Guest

I got a sample from a friend and it was like giving an addict a taste... I had some red spots on my inner knee for about six months and a little splotch on my butt cheek. No burning, three days it was almost gone... I had another friend call in a prescription for me and retail was $600 for 60 grams. This thread started in 2006... Consumer Rap!!! I'll keep my little red spots.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have had angular cheilitis for over 2 years with no relief from the sore cracks in the corners of my mouth until I tried a sample of taclonex from my dermatologist. After 4 weeks of using this, the cracks are finally going away. The web site for taclonex offers a $200.00 coupon to print and I am going to use it. This is the first remedy I have heard for this painful condition.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my doc gave me a huge amount of very recently expired Taclonex-expired Feb 2013. is it legal to sell it?