Takeda CEO Weber post-close presentation

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Jan 7, 2019 at 9:23 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow! I'm in the OBU and this presentation says it all. Whoever posted this....THANK YOU! This presentation should be circulated to everyone at Shire! We keep being told that everything is fine and clearly we are being misled. Presentation clearly identifies 5 key business areas as Oncology, GI, Neuro, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, and Rare Disease. Chart has both Xiidra and Natpara listed as "other" in gray column. Also, states "In 2019: Flawless execution of the new business model" and shows #4 as "Disperse non-core assets to accelerate deleveraging and simplify portfolio". I better call some of these recruiters back and see what's still available!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“Dispose non‐core assets to accelerate deleveraging and simplify portfolio”.

OBU adios

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey Xiidra.....see you at Novartis!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You mean part of the Alcon spinoff.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can't wait to share this presentation with my RD at the upcoming Fast Start mtg. RDs only gargle what MC tells them to and can’t think for his/her self. I want to video their reaction when they try to explain the OBUs future from this slide deck!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh man, you’ll sure show them. You’ll be a hero...way to go!
    Show it to them, show it to them real good. Tell them what a “gargler” they are. Ya, that’ll blow everyone’s mind. Have your camera ready too for when their minds explode.

Fucking clown

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If only everyone had the balls to actually do this. I'm so glad I left, they are lying to us and I was finished taking it. This Mbo quarter isn't just a layup...it's over the fat lady has sung!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No plans for OBU. Period.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone who thinks OBU will be part of Takeda is fooling themselves. Any manager who says they are is lying. Takeda wants to be rare disease only. Neuro simply brings in too much money and I’m guessing nobody is willing to buy them so they have to keep them. Do yourselves a favor, CALL RECRUITERS. Use this week to get your name out there and see what’s out there.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Recruiters are worthless POS. Especially Princeton. Send your resume to jobs you are actually qualified for or it will be a long road down for you.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. Never had luck with recruiters. Maybe some of you have. They always ask the same shi*. How much do you make? Want to interview you. They don’t know anything. It’s not how much you make but how much you are worth.

If you don’t have Neurology exp don’t post for the job and waste your time unless you have an inside referral. As goes with other disease states. Your network will get you a job before a useless recruiter.

Good luck.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree on the recruiters. However, don’t limit yourself to your currrent therapeutic area or even pharma sales. I’ve been looking for a couple of months. I nearly took a job with another company in a completely different specialty but at the end of the day I didn’t. I’ve made final rounds twice with medical device companies. Sure you could say yeah but you’re still here. And that’s true. However, I still got that far in vastly different areas just through sending out resumes and have been able to brush up on my interviewing skills and refine my resume etc... I’m also waiting for a better opportunity financially until I’m possibly unemployed and no longer have that luxury. But I can tell you as someone who has worked outside the industry in sales but has also been with a Shire for quite some time, get out there now! The past couple of months have allowed me to refine my interview skills, make connections and see what is out there and what employers are looking for. I’m approaching things very differently at this point after learning why I’ve learned the past couple of months and am much more ahead of the game than I was when I began. I was initially having a hard time making it past a phone screen. Now, I’m making it to final interviews with almost very company I interview because I’ve refined my interview skills. If you haven’t started looking, you’re putting your head in the sand and not giving yourself the best shot if things do go south. Great jobs won’t fall into your lap, you have to work for it and if you’re not already doing that I don’t know what you have been thinking.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OBU to be disposed. How do JS and MC explain this?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Easy. Same way they’ve been spinning this crap for a year. “OBU will continue to exist, it’s just a matter of where. We are a profitable business arm with continuous growth and a highly sought after pipeline. We are stronger together and everything is business as usual” Blah blah blah. Don’t believe it. Unless you’ll just mailing it in, working a side gig, or waiting for a severance check, get the hell out. They are snakes with golden parachutes.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well neuro isn’t safe either. The drugs in pipeline are MaB’s or rare disease. The only non rare is for Parkinson’s... that probably won’t even get approved. + all are in phase 1 or 2. They are many years down the road. Vyvanse will be generic before they get approved and Mydayis is a dud... it should be turned back over to Supernus. you don’t need a sales force. Trintellix has another indication in phase 3 but they don’t need Shire, it’s a Lundbeck drug. The smart thing is to continue the partnership with Lundbeck and dump the Shire field force. There’s 1/2 billion in synergy savings right there. I hope they do, I feel bad for my former fellow reps but the low life ZD’s/RD’s are @sses. Worthless clueless and are glorified Babysitters. Most still don’t understand the adhd disease state or the products. I know my former RD falls in that category.. brought no value to the team what so ever.... was always a bottom feeder, low tier RD.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Read the link in the original post. Ophthalmics is NOT in Takeda’s plans. I wish MC would just tell us we are all screwed instead of saying “the OBU will survive”. Don’t tell us anymore lies!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think neuro could lose people b/c over overlap. OBU is gone. The whole group.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most managers are complete eye candy for the offices. They are good to bring into the lunches to help things on track as long as the staff can pay attention.