Takeda new NSS jobs = lundbeck layoffs?

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Apr 8, 2017 at 10:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thoughts? They basically created a gamma sales force at takeda. At first in 2013 at launch they were calling on only PC then it got moved to decile 7-10 now this?? What is going on and since takeda owns trintellix rights in the US what does this say for lundbeck employees?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Man I would be nervous if I was a sales rep here. Not sure who is more at risk in 2017 psych or neuro.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My guess is that both teams should be highly nervous about possible layoffs late this year, or very early next year. They probably will have an over reorg for everyone, then pick and choose from psych/neuro to form a team that will sell all drugs in some sort of sharing type structure.i.e. Trintellix and Northera, Rexulti and Onfi, or whatever combination they want. Remember, we have no pipeline, except for the schiz drug which is basically an orphan drug, and additional indications for existing drugs. Northera seems to be a less than stellar performer, and Xenazine falls more and more due to generics. Now, Sabril will start to fall this month because of generic competition.

Then add Trump's promise to control drug costs, and you have the ingredients for a pharma rout. This all puts pressure on management to do dumb things like trackers to track everything (which we all do on company time out of the field), conference calls to go over the same thing we've discussed a dozen times, and increased field rides to the point you can't take them anywhere they haven't already been a dozen times.

Give it a few months, then the change will start to happen. I and everyone I know, really enjoyed the first year at Lundbeck, but I guess market conditions have changed all that. Wonder how many people are looking to jump ship?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know a way out of this death spiral. Incredibly overoptimistic revenue predictions for Trintellix and Northera + mistakes in the Idalopirdine program + barren pipeline have likely killed this company.

What the heck will we sell 2 years from now? Northera, Brex, and Trin? Given the small cut we get from US sales, what sort of sales force, R&D program, and overall company will this support?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good overview. This is probably more accurate than any of us realize. I think management is getting real nervous about 2017, real nervous. Yet they continue to waste money unlike anything I've seen before. Yep, things have changed since the beginning, and they will definitely keep on changing.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All good questions. As you mentioned, I do remember a few months before Trintellix was approved, the huge prediction of sales around $2 billion by some analyst. Amazing for a drug in a 98% generic market! Now Rex is stalling because of a variety of issues. It seems that the neuro folks are having trouble as well. Management is grasping at straws, and burning money at an unbelievable rate. The statement resistant SZ drug will do nothing, and the add on indications for Rex will also of little help, IF they get approved. BP for AM will help a little, but it's a day late and a dollar short. You can feel the desperation from management. This is not a good situation. Something has got to give.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And someone from the home office told me they were disappointed in what they are seeing in the treatment resistant SZ drug.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm hearing that the neuro asm team met this week to talk about layoffs and reorganization of the teams, specifically Everest but all will be affected. Writing is on the wall. Get out now!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

my sources confirm.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please expand. When? How many?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes ASMs met in Nashville this week for emergency POA Maybe to brainstorm to increase Northera sales?? New segmenration of customers?? Please confirm what U said about layoffs. Thinking not until Fall. And what about Carnexiv ?? Have not heard any updates for Everest AMs.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really now? You are hearing that - the ASM will have no say in a lay off and likely will be cut as well.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are not being asked for input, just being told the numbers being let go. A lot of wide-eyes...

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Time to update the resume but I'll wait for that severance first

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what severance? This company is conservative and prob won't offer a lot.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you kidding me? Conservative is a nice word for CHEAP- this company is CHEAP!!!!!!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Copenhagen prob won't give severance. They will do a reorg and offer positions in territories that you won't want. We decide to leave and they don't need to give you a thing.