tampa lab is closing

Discussion in 'Aurora Diagnostics' started by anonymous, Sep 19, 2015 at 12:03 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did they close Tampa?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How do they make it without Glass? Wait.... I'm sure they can figure it out:)
    Go back to the miserable existence you call a life and stop the crap you feed this forum with.
    BYE BYE

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actions show they couldn't make it without Dr. Glass. :(

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The "Glass" slipper

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The lab closed in October. They laid off Glass and weren't even going to tell the employees about the closing because they didn't want people to quit before it closed so they could make as much money as possible. Plus clients were backing out left and right because of poor performance by Glass

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good move as a company to release Glass and close Tampa. Excellent decision! The economics are different today and the healthcare act (Obama Care) will force additional difficult decisions to take place. Great job Aurora! Good luck..

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Aurora is able to make the tough calls to better the company. Good job team.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's all about the "company". Never about patient care, the clients or the employees. Shameful. How do you Yes Men and Women sleep at night?

9. watch dog

watch dog Guest

You can't provide care unless you have a company.. Is it that complicated? You aren't thinking of the patient care - So STOP fooling yourself!! It's all about YOU. I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.I.
    It always comes back to someone screwing the employees. Look in the mirror and truly ask if you've done all that you can do to help vs. the poor me mentality. Perhaps Aurora should have yoga for its employees? How about a dedicated quiet room? Or a stress free zone? Foot massages for it's employees? NOTHING would EVER be good enough for you! People like you exist in all companies. Aurora - Keep it up! The best decisions aren't always the most popular:)

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The reality is the cuts have killed the industry/ reimbursement rates. 330 million in debt is a tough hole to climb out of even when rates were booming. However the even greater reality is we will never be a successful company as long as we continue to push TC/PC and assist in setting up in office labs. The profit margin is simply not there which is why Other companies walk away from TC/PC. We need to make smart business decisions. Letting Glass go was a start for 2 reasons, his price tag and the fact he was a sub par pathologist who struggled at interpersonal relationships with our clients. Glad he's gone.
    Anxious to see our next statement

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The poor choices to enter into TC/PC deals came from VP's against the guidance of every medical director. Yet they still marched forward. Millions later you realize it hurt the business. The only people that keep the company stable are the hard working medical professionals of Aurora. Everyone at corporate is simply overhead.

Bonus's paid to the people that damaged the company would have allowed the hard working staff well deserved 5%+ raise after healthcare benefit costs up year after year with 0% increases of past years. Annual cost of our top 2 employees exceeds 1.7 million dollars. Just as disgusting as the clear lack of the business management attempts to cover up daily........................

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Both of the previous posts provide tremendous insight on what is wrong with us. What is truly the profit margin on a tc/pc case? A complete waste of time and resources, lets also stop allowing our pathologists to moonlight at these offices and read for clients. Lets try and provide quality reads, lets do what other labs do. We are making the industry weak and somewhat slimy.

13. watch dog

watch dog Guest

Sounds like we have a doctor on the pharma board? Therefore an outsider would like to ask a ?... Do you allow your competitor to steal the TC/PC business or do you take a piece of the pie? The global business will not stay because of a quality dx. You're still not identifying the industry economics of today. I agree with a quality diagnoses and the previous posts BUT it's simply not the case today. Good luck Docs!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sounds like Bruce should change his code name from watch dog to MAD DOG. Wonder how many Docs would vote to re-hire the existing corporate hierarchy?? Probably the reason they never put in another physician Medical Director? Corp doesn't want to hear any truth.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

his code name should be Puppet Boy

16. Helper

Helper Guest

Do you think that's why they never hired a corporate medical director? What is the problem with this company? Are you not being heard? Are you tracking RVU's too?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Submitting RVU details with zero feedback after months and months of reporting. Study them all you want. It will not teach you the business.

Is management afraid of talking to people who perform the work? The last time we had Bruce or Dan speak to us was over a year ago with a walk through and shaking hands. Advisory committees have not helped. They have proven to keep everyone busy while the world passes us by.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Posting your comments here help in what way?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Therapy for the miserable

20. watch dog

watch dog Guest

Try Booker's.