Tapentadol situation: "at a standpoint and not feasible"

Discussion in 'Ortho-McNeil' started by Good n' Plenty, May 1, 2009 at 5:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Dear Field Pain Sales force: 1 May 2009

I trust this message finds you well and looking forward to a fine spring weekend with family and loved ones.

I don't vociferously want to do this but, we are handcuffed at CII, clinical program was mismanaged and without CIII labeling the retention of this brand has now ended.

We would like to thank you for all your efforts since july '08 building this franchise and I remain,

Sincerly yours.

Best of Luck,

Good n' Plenty

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a stockholder, I pray you are not part of the sales force and have moved on from the company. Your company should rid of any of the folks with this type of attitude. Greener pastures await you and best of luck knowing you probably suck as a salesperson anyway

3. Paule Revere

Paule Revere Guest

Here is my business plann:

Hammer......DEA

NAIL...........tapentadol

COFFIN........CII

If that is if we come out with a CII.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am an outside stockholder that happens to be trolling cafe pharma? Please, you are an FSD or an RBD that is a 'stockholder' trying to motivate the troops in the same lame manner you always have. Is that you Jean Nycz or is it the Griessball (Sasquatch, Lombardi Wanna Be, Detroit Slovenly Feast, Miller Time, Just A Pinch Between My Cheek and Gum, etc.) I need my Detroit fix. Where is the thread?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When is the DEA "scheduled" to make their final decision?

6. Fruit Cake

Fruit Cake Guest

Ha! Ha! HA!!! now that is a funny question,

define "is"

the dea "did" back in 2/6/2009,

you know two months ago.......

it is just the brand "team" (all one of them) hoped no one noticed,

it was deminfied as a C-YA (C-II),

that is all,

and I remain,

Sincerly Yours

Fruit Cake

ps, they are trying to sell it now to PainSence, Pharmaceutical LLC. a private niche pharm house selling under $50MM North Americian Rx brands in the pain/onc space.

7. Raymond

Raymond Guest

Internal Use Only:

I am proud to announce an addition to the Not-yent-a Brand whith the addition of a summer intern from Raritan Valley Community College.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok -- just looked up PainSence, Pharmaceutical LLC. -- Nucynta fits perfectly into their criteria (& J&J's inspirational forecast for 2009-10). thks for the tip.

9. C YA

C YA Guest

It will not be long now for the__________________. I guess all______________ will be____________ by___________.

After watching the town meeting she said__________________and there is no support____________ as a C-______.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THE TERM FOR SELLING OFF A MOLECUEL BEFORE MARKET IS CALLED 'OUTLICENSING" -- & IT HAPPENS. /\ I'D LIKE TO FIND A WAY TO WATCH THE S.M. TOWN HALL PLAYBACK TO GET THESE FILL-IN THE BLANKS.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So...the pain sales force will NOT launch this med? Of course, the next question is, HOW MANY of us will be on the chopping block and WHEN? Give up the juicey stuff Good n' Plenty...give it up.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone explain to me why they would even consider outlicensing NUCYNTA while at the same time sending physicians to speaker training at the end of this month? It doesn't make sense, I'm calling your bluff Goodnplenty, more like plenty of BS! PROVE IT!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Easy. Business as usual until further notice. You never move away from biz plan until you absolutley have to. Our "have to" will be when the ink is dry on the Pain Science sales contract. What do you expect them to do, tell us, "oh, by the way, we are going to sell this drug and shit-can all of you, but please, continue to do your profiles and make your calls instead of starting to look for a new job" Duh.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at it this way: financially, with the forecast for Nucynta, the cost of the salesforce and marketing the product are not sustainable based on the return. $25M forecast this year (which is no cakewalk competing in a generic market) and about $170M next year. You have about 450 reps at $100K per year overhead, plus commissions, marketing, all the other expenses. Speaker training is a drop in the bucket and again, already budgeted. The 'National Meeting' in march only went forward because it had been paid for out of the 2008 budget and Disney was not going to give them their money back. Remember all the FSD's coming to the meeting rooms and telling us that all the talk of another reorg was bullshit? Then it happened. CP is probably the ONLY place where reasonable information can be gotten by us poor bastards in the field. UER is nowhere fast; samples are being pushed out with ridiculous dating just to get them the hell out of there. The company might as well have their ducks all lined up before dropping the bomb.....Oh, and they have to find in-house jobs for all those people in NJ first, so none of the 'entitled ones' are out in the cold.
    Stay focused......... enter calls......... career pathways?! MDP?!
    I for one will be looking for my next job NOW, as I have been since January, so that my family will at least have continued support. Oh, and one last thought. There are less than 500 reps/DM's in the field now for pain, which means that the 60 day warn period shrinks to 30 days + whatever measly severance we get.
    Best wishes to all, but Nucynta and the pain franchise are in trouble. We are all about NEO'd out and our customers are even wondering what we are doing.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AND I HEARD TODAY THAT KING PHARMA IS LOOKING AT NUCYNTA (ANOTHER GOOD FIT).

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My question is for all these guys (or maybe its one person that posts under different names or tags) that post on this board. If you have all this inside info you obviously must be some higher up person that is sitting in all these meeting when these negotiations are going on or when they are discussing realignments because you always seem to be pretty accurate. My question is why is it always hilarious to you to see people potentially about to lose their jobs? I'm a rep that was displaced in the past and have landed on my feet fortunately but what's funny about people being laid off? You always post this stuff with the little face laughing while delivering possible bad news to people.

If its funny to you, you must be one sick bastard. Either that or you were fired yourself and just enjoy spreading bad news amongst people that were lucky enough to keep their jobs. I don't wish any of my former coworkers ill will just because the company made bad decisions to the point that they had to terminate a lot of people, including myself. Anytime a company is doing a lot of job cutting something isn't being managed correctly. Its a reflection of bad management. If you have all this inside info constantly, you must be one of those higher ups that is sitting up there making a lot of these bad ass decisions and getting a thrill out of seeing people lose their jobs while needing to provide for their families.

Trust me your time will come whether it be in the form of illness, car accident, termination yourself, ill will to your family or whatever. I just hope you don't end up with terminal cancer or a quadraplegic or dead. You can't keep being overjoyed with negative crap happening to others without it coming back two fold on yourself. Karma is a biaaaTCH!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is really SICK and pathetic is having to rely on a mole that produces pretty reliable information on cafe pharma instead of trusting our employer. Especially a company like Johnson & Johnson that has built the empire on breathing life into the mantra of RWJ. The cynicism formed by the continual lies by management over and over again has led to a toxic environment. How can the Credo instill goodwill about the company mission when behind our backs there is a veil of secrecy? Who out there, whether still employed or not, does not begrudge the ongoing musical chairs game? The poster finds humor in feeding off the hostile environment. The reaction should be directed to J&J...the non transparent company that continues to drop the ball on their employees and their families. I for one, applaud the willingness of the insider to act as our messenger in advance when the company wants to "cul de sac" us with more lies and secrecy.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I applaud the fact that the guy gives us info but there's nothing hilarious about it. I'm glad that he gives a heads up on this stuff but what's funny about people losing their jobs? Whether you work for J&J or not, it is not funny to see people losing their jobs knowing many of them have kids, households, etc.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I for one am sick of your political correctness. Does every one have to be perfect? I am happy with the accurate info. no matter how it's delivered. You probably voted for Obama.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again what is hilarious about it? And why does every damn thing have to have a political reference or have anything to do with politics? And who I voted for has nothing to do with anything that I've said. Again, with people are losing their jobs, I don't care if you are Republican, Democrat, or whatever the hell you want to be, there's nothing funny about people losing their jobs. That has nothing to do with being "politically" correct. That's a matter of morals. Who the hell is wishing and happy for people to be losing their jobs?

And since you want to tell me what I probably did, you probably were the little kid who grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth and has never had a job outside of pharmaceutical sales. You probably have no family and have the option of running home to momma and daddy if you lose your job. That's why you think I'm being "politically" correct and you don't care about people being laid off. A lot of people worked their way to where they are. They don't need to be toyed with by idiots that get seem to off on seeing people lose their jobs.

Again the news that's being delivered, I appreciate the heads up. But again there's nothing humorous about it and that has nothing to do with politics. We are talking about peoples' lives here.