Tech & BI= Disaster

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by anonymous, Jan 10, 2020 at 6:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why is literally every tech issue an anxiety provoking nightmare? FYI when you see email for z365 January fast start take a xanax. 20 screen touches and 15 minutes later it still isn't loaded. The first clue was the Microsoft Product, there is a reason Apple dominates the world. Whether its doing a completely illogical and poorly laid out MAG plan or login in 20 minutes before a CC praying for connection it is literally almost always a hassle to do anything tech related.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you on one device..I've never ever seen such a cluster.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One device is the worst!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PCs aren’t that expensive. What is the real reason for the switch? One Device is certainly not improving productivity!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very frustrating system and I am familiar with Apple products.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tech tip: leave iPad on trunk
    Place car in drive
    Press accelerator
    Stop
    Place car and reverse
    Repeat until iPad leaves top of trunk and is located under a wheel.
    Call help desk send in iPad
    Repeat

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A month ago this was a daily attitude; today once a week.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My iPad Pro works great for shopping on Amazon and watching videos on Prime.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I find that if I procrastinate and wait till near the end to do things, sometimes the bugs are worked out, or my counterparts have found a work around. Never be first.:p

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

unless it’s a gang bang. Then you want to be 1st.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is with all the sexual perverts on the site right now. Take your problems into your own hands and go away.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The idea of one device is stupid since the "leaders" in Ridgefield are using PCs. They have NO issues but the salesforce has. Another way to BI to be disconnected from its own employees. Netflix best watched on iPad pro.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Genius!!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

how did you know both hands are needed?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a new hire, currently in training and I am in shock at how bad tech is here. Literally our entire training class can not access The Edge and no one has an answer as to why, yet that’s where all our courses are located. I also “lost” all my outlook invites and called the help desk. They had no answers for me. Turns out, it’s company policy to have all outlook invites on the online app calendar so they were “migrated.”. Now don’t you think the help desk should know this? Half the time I can’t even access anything because PING ID won’t work or it says something has “timed out.” Citrix has bunch of folders that work one day but not the next... I am just in such shock and how poorly the tech works and how it’s a 50/50 chance if you’ll be able to access what you need. This is making training far more stressful that it should be. Based on previous posts, sounds like it’s par for the course and I should just accept it.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Doctors say he has a 50/50 chance of living. But there is only a 10% chance of that.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It got so much worse when we went to one device, but no one cares because managers still have their laptops. Citrix is a joke. Helpdesk is no help. Do not accept it! Keep voicing your concern. There is power in numbers. Email training, email the Helpdesk, have the Helpdesk elevate your problem to the next level, email your manager, email anyone you can think of. When it becomes more work for them, then they will care. It is demeaning to be treated like our time and opinions do not count.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GOOD LUCK..I left the company this Summer after being a new hire for a year. The #1 reason? Everything you just mentioned above. What a monumental cluster? BI's computer system is satanic.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

we are much better off without you here. If bitching about iPads and computers is all you’re good at doing, you will consistently exceed expectations.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am not the above poster, but I think you are the one we would be better without.