Teleflex Medical

Discussion in 'Teleflex Medical' started by Anonymous, Jun 17, 2008 at 5:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will tell you guys something. My friends in diagnostics are making more money than we are, getting great car allowances and higher bases. Years ago, device was the place to be but every year it seems to get worse. The difference in our incomes compared to differences in pharma are shrinking more and more and most of those people don't even have to leave their house more than twice a week. I came into this industry to have a career but it might be time to go to a different part of healthcare sales.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Teleflex Medical Canada

Completely agree with this post, I hope senior management runs a in-depth investigation of expenses. This investigation should take a long hard look at all expenses not just lunch tabs. There is an expense policy and then their appears to be an expenses policy for Jim, John and other senior managers. Maybe someone can also explain why some surgical reps have been guaranteed commissions for the past few years? It all stinks.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of the post are based in Canadia...anyone from the U.S. that can add useful information for those looking into the company? Before you respond know that I am aware of the re-org and many changes the company has had. Most companies experience this when there is change. But: what is the average base pay?
    -total annual income?
    - is it a company car or allowance?
    - stock options etc?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Low pay, crap car allowance and zero stock options. These are known facts about Teleflex. Join Teleflex only if you are really, really, really desperate for work.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It sounds like a third tier company. Nothing special. Agree. Take it if you have nothing else.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best advice is to ask about voluntary turnover. Truth is that the top performers join Teleflex and typically leave after a year or two when they realize this company is truly third tier or worse. Great sales job to lure top talent but it always ends up backfiring on them. Low or no talent (especially management) that can't cut it in real med-surg companies usually join Teleflex and stay forever.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Teleflex is a decent place to work. You get a car allowance and if you are geared to grow your business in the territory you are rewarded with a healthy commission. Like all companies they are focused on growth. Do your job and you will make money...simple math. If you don't grow your business or at least maintain it, thenyour opportunity to earn is decreased.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Such a positive review of Teleflex, "decent place to work....you get a car allowance." Can't blame this energized employee though, there is nothing to get excited about. Surgical instruments - low price commodity goods that at least one-hundred other companies also sell. Chest drainage - $12 plastic boxes with a couple of dials and gauges. Deklene Maxx - silicone coated string that is ignored by virtually everyone because TFX cannot offer a complete line that hospitals really want. Ligation clips - small bent pieces of metal or plastic. Sounds like a decent company if you are clinically brain dead!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any update on the expenses audit in Canada? Lets hope someone conduct this audit soon before managment targets pay & benefit. Looks like Jim has stopped posting here for a while, must be hiding something?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a phone interview recently with a manager for a sales position. I took the interview to practice my interviewing skills but there was never a moment that I seriously thought about this company. Note to the management here. Telerex money is really low, you are selling me too and low end products. Don't waste your time interviewing tenured medical device reps because you are not offering anything that someone tenured would seriously want unless it is a paycheck to sustain them while they interview for better things out there. Target pharma salespeople, Paychex or Copy Machine sales. They will think that this is a great opportunity to break into device sales.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is an excellent summary of the situation at Teleflex. Tenured device reps will be utterly bored here after three to four minutes on the job! Copier reps will feel like they have won the lottery but they too will get bored inside of twelve months.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will be posting a very important announcement here regarding Telelex Medical Canada on Easter Monday. All Teleflex employees should check this board on Monday. Very big news.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is the big news as promised. It is a known fact that senior management at Teleflex Medical Canada recently concluded a major investigation and the results will shock everyone. It turns out that Telelex Managers resoundingly prefer Cheese Doodles over Poppycock! The Cheese Doodlers Management Team has suddenly turned their backs on the 'cock! Who fucking knew, this is an outrage, a blasphemy!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Cheese Doodlers Management Team. That's awesome! If they like both does that make them Doodle Cocks?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is mildly amusing stuff but on a serious note, has anybody heard if RTP is going to audit management expenses n Canada? Funny to see the lunch time boys playing it straight these days, at least in Markham. God only knows how many off site meetings occur in Burlington-Oakville? This audit is long overdue.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An audit would be very, very interesting. It is a guarantee that senior executives in RTP will be astonished by what they find. Audit or not a lot of us hope that Jim Stevens is never considered for the GM job in Canda. Such a pompous self promoting ass.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jim Stevens has become the equivalent of Bill Reynolds of Teleflex Medical.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Teleflex Medical-Tim Shannon VP Vascular thoughts

Can anyone share comments on Tim Shannon VP of Vascular US, been with company for about a year and 3 months, what has he done in last year, how is his leadership for the sales organization? Is he respected?

Be open, honest and sincere.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Teleflex Medical-Tim Shannon VP Vascular thoughts

Honestly, you are a huge tool.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's awful news for Jim considering that he hated Bill for years. But the comparison makes complete sense when you look at it. Both are completely incompetent managers. As bad as it is here at Teleflex you have to wonder why they still keep Jim?