Terrible Leadership

Discussion in 'Mentor' started by anonymous, Sep 15, 2016 at 1:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The leadership could not be less engaged in this business or talent. Already looking for their next company within J&J, this is exactly why companies like these sputter - never anyone who is totally vested. Not interested in solving any problems.

This is how J&J works, so it should surprise no one. This leader won't even schedule a field call in 2016 unless J&J tells him he needs to.

no wonder the field doesn't care.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which field call?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

clueless - this is what happens when a rep gets in charge, great job jnj

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard today from collegue that that second DM in less then a year went back to rep role after 3 months. First one left to competition and was hired back into DM role from field sales. Most recent DM turned down opportunity 11 months ago, recently accepted 3 months ago and now went back to sales. Who is making these poor hiring decisions at Mentor? No loyalty, lets hire back as a leader? Turned down opportunity 11 months ago, but lets hire them? Turnover at Mentor is all time and senior executives (VP) and HR, need to wake up and stop drinking cool aid.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But...made in America!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not for long. I heard Shlomi is going move all manufacturing from the US to a contract manufacturer in China.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It takes a survey for leadership to understand things are bad. theres only 100 people working in the US, way to keep you finger on the pulse. Maybe talking to one highly annoying, arrogant rep isn't the way to learn whats going on in your company. But at least that one market in the US will be accounted for. great job leader!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did I mention "made in America?" Isn't that enough for you people?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not for long. There is a project underway to transfer manufacturing from Texas to China. Texas will be closed down.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank god that Trump won. He will prevent this from happening

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best leadership team in all of Ethicon

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes, if best is being invisible, not understanding space, and listening to all the wrong people.......then yes they are the best. maybe we can get someone from sears or kmart to run mentor, i heard they just laid folks off, maybe they understand plastic surgery.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You just sound unhappy. Our leadership team is the best we've had in years.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are you smoking, and who is your supplier?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whoever said we have a great leadership team must be in the ivory tower. The DM team is truly a good group of people, I'll grant that. I had (emphasis on the past tense) a great manager, whose legs have been cut out from under her/him. Decision making capabilities have been stripped, rendering the management team a collection of bodies, who simply play the hands they'e dealt from above. CSS feels what they see on a spreadsheet must be reality, when the truth of the matter is, they have no clue what happens at the field level. My proof is - look at some of the folks that survived.
    And go ahead - call me a loser, call this sour grapes, call it whatever. I was affected by this, and I'm sad. I actually liked it here.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

your not loser, your just correct. This place is the classic sinking ship and leadership who does not understand the business at all. Its just how j&j does things. if you are a small company, JnJ brings in developmental people to lead who cannot lead and align on anything. no one knows what is going on in any departments....innovation (if you call it that) is non-existant, clinical trials are a cluster, sales doesn't believe (at all), every department is working with a skeleton crew, errors everywhere/everyday, and no one cares to remedy or fix.

whats best is the company has surgeons in and the one thing they all agree on is that no one onsite has any clue about plastic surgery. it should not be shocking to jnj that allergan is quickly taking over. Jnj doesnt care, if its not ortho, energy, or ethicon its just a profit channel that hasn't run dry yet. But it will, just like cordis and be sold to someone for scraps.

if you are still there, i would run, no one cares about getting it right. how often do you even hear from a leader and when you do they say "trust us". What are they smoking? Name one thing that has happened to make anyone trust? Keeping terrible employees around while others go,? not compensating 75 percent of the salesforce when the market is down, is that trust? ignoring what every surgeon and rep has said for years about what products are needed? Terrible, god awful survey results?

your right, you should be trusted, makes sense.....

Don't feel bad previous rep, you are not alone.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

C.H.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Barbara please come back. We miss you

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Guys...guys...I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. Focus on the positives. 6 little words...

Made In The U.S.A.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said. Mentor's profits are being funneled by SN to Biosense Webster, Mentor has been bled dry. With Allergan building a monopoly in the US with superior product offerings, it's only a matter of time before Mentor is either closed down or sold to some private equity firm like the Carlyle Group or Warburg Pincus.