Territory Business Manager vs Reimbursement Manager

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by anonymous, Jun 17, 2020 at 7:44 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like a lot of you, I've seen the proposed expansion for the AD launch. I currently don't work for Biogen but I'm actively looking for a different job, as I've gotten bored with my current role.

For those of you on the MS side of things that know the way the roles work, can anyone give a basic idea of what the difference between the TBM and Reimbursement Managers are? I know every pharma company operates differently, so I don't want to assume Reimbursement Managers are the same as what they do at my current company.

For those of you on the MS side... which role do you think is the better one?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

None of these roles are newly posted jobs. Recruitment has been going on for months. The RM roles were recruited first and are pretty much done with offers. Offers for TM roles are still to come however recruitment of those roles have been active since pre covid 19. P1 phone screens began in early March. Most of those roles are in final stages with offers expected soon. I guess the point is if you are just now discovering these roles you’re likely too late to the party. As many posts have stated, the key is also there is no product that’s even been submitted to FDA yet which is an entirely different post.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hmm... Thanks for this honest answer! Rare on Cafe pharma! I'm a different poster than the original one, but applied last week, with a phone screen coming up this week. Launched a Alz product in the area a few years ago so figured that's why I got the call back. Was doing my research and seems the culture here is typical big pharma...

Any estimates on when the you'd actually sell with the FDA approval up in the air? Threads range from Sept 2020 to Summer 2021?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Also appreciate the honest feedback!

I'd agree with you except that I got an email from someone stating that they would be reaching out so me shortly and that hiring is in late August. This was for both the RM position and TBM position. Maybe that particular territory didn't have stellar candidates. Who knows. Like other responder, I too launched an AD drug, so who knows.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The initial plan was Q3 start date but rumblings now pushing back to Q4. And yes this place has become exactly like big pharma. Most of newly hired managers came straight from big pharma. Don’t be fooled by the Biogen name being differently. Totally big pharma, multiple selling partners, micro Mgmt etc.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ah the voice of reason and truth. And just like Big Pharma expect layoffs if the Alz drug requires more study.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What little weasel

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok back to the OP..

What’s the difference between a TBM and Reimbursement Manager?

Which role on the MS side is better?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are same, both unemployed when drug doesn’t get approved.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cool story. There are also MS Reimbursement Manager jobs available.

Why is it so hard for people on CF to be helpful?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The internet is the best and the worst, simultaneously.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you like to be told what to do, how to do it and when to do it even when there is no approved product to sell? If so, welcome aboard, you’ve come to the right place.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TBM - sales
    Reimbursement- deal with MHC issues reimbursement.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Speaking of reimbursement- BiiB stock is killing me. If the Alzheimer’s drug is delayed or rejected (Which is likely) there is no way our stock stays over $200. Might approach $100 a share - Looks like I’m working until I’m 70.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The weasel is back. Thanks

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are there different managers for TBM role and the other liason role or will they report to same Mgr?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All different managers. The Reimbursement job will be for someone that has extensive buy and bill/ contracting, reimbursement and coding experience. The tbm role is a traditional rep.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many pod members for each territory?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My area I would be the only rep... other areas will have 2 reps though... my guess is major cities will

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Total big pharma cluster F. Pods, useless DMs, primary care targets plus throw in No product to sell for another 6-8 months. I’m out!