Territory Manager, Aesthetics

Discussion in 'Merz Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, May 14, 2015 at 9:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can I get some real advice and answers here for a few questions. 12 years in the pharma industry both in hospitals and physician levels. Just found out today that my division is only going to last through June and then we will not have jobs.
    1. What is the salary range?
    2. Bonus potential?
    3. Company car or car allowance?
    4. Insurance/benefits?
    5. Any other honest feedback from some good folks out there.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm interviewing and here's what I was given and have heard by asking around.
    Salary is 80-90k+, Bonus at plan is 90k plan (range is 50k to 200k based on goals and performance), Company car, Good benefits

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salary range is accurate. Might want to ask % of reps hitting plan nationally (it's not many). Companies don't have over 50% turnover year after year when reps are making money.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salary range is accurate. Might want to ask % of reps hitting plan nationally (it's not many). Companies don't have over 50% turnover year after year when reps are making money.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fair point and when I asked about turnover I was told that not many who left or who were left are better off. The RM said that Kythera paid more salary but tough to tell if anyone will make more $ in the long run. I am also interviewing with Galderma and I would rather be at Merz based on what the Galderma reps shared.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on where you are now and why you want to go to Galderma or Merz. Both have a lot of turnover and low morale, and both will promise you more $$ than you will realistically make. For what it's worth, most people I know who left are better off or at least happier but even if they weren't it still says a lot about any company to have such high turnover several years in a row, no matter what the reason is or where people are going because the bottom line is they all wanted to leave Merz and Merz isn't doing anything to change to keep people so it will continue happening. If you need this job to gain experience in a different area for your resume so you can go somewhere else in a year, go for it but if you are only looking at the $$ you might be better off where you are now. Merz vs Galderma is up to you but I would go to whichever one gives you a manager you like more and a higher base salary or some other guarantee because you can't count on anything else and you will want to leave either one in a year. Good luck!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You may also want to examine why both companies have an opening in the same area. Allergan may have it on lock-down and you won't be able to compete with relationships they have.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems like the same story at many places, Allergan, Galderma, Merz, Zeltiq and more. Good idea to look at where you have the best upside based on past performance or your abilities. Goals are high here but everyone I speak to at other companies says their goals are even higher. You could always consider Kythera but that will likely be a short play.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hows the Washington DC territory? Is the DM a nightmare to work with? Got a message from a recruiter who found my resume on linkedin. I'm in derm now making base low 90k and bonus ranges $10k-$15k/qtr. I asked the recruiter possibility of getting over $100k base and what the territory is doing now with bonus and she didnt really give an answer. She said DM could go over it if moved forward. But hell, why would i jeopardize my current position if they can't even be upfront with me about the pay. I also asked why the position was open and she said the former rep left for another position.
    Can anyone give some info on the DM, pay and former rep? Recruiter said I have the ideal background but I find that weird since I don't have any aesthetics background, just medical Derm for 3 yrs or so. I also notice the position has been open since january.. Any feedback?
    Thanks in advance

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It depends on the DM. I think the DM in WDC is new. A few good reps at Merz here in FL and they make good $

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who's the recruiter?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good luck in your search. I am sure the salary, bonus and benefits are good.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That territory has needed a new rep for a long time. If you are good, you will make bank

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure if that's an old post, but theres a rep already for the DC territory. Wonder what happened to the former rep though

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Must have been an old post unless something we don't know

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are a handful of Territory Manager Aethetic positions across the nation. Are these expansion territories or did the former reps leave?? :/

Does anyone know the deal with the DC territory? Is there a rep there now or what?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i am surprised to hear in your research no one has mentioned the out of the blue layoff last year. The company as a whole did poorly and entire divisions were shut down. There was a "realignment" and many lost their jobs. Not the bottom of the barrel people, people making good money. There was one three years prior to that one called "intentional". You just have to understand the job and the risk. It is good money, but it is not stable. Get in make it. Get out for something long term. Good luck

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

people quit everyday so plenty of positions open

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Neuro position available and Device territory (Ulthera) open

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go neuro