1. Cafepharma also has message boards for retail pharmacies: click here to view
    Dismiss Notice

Territory Sales Executive with CVS/Caremark

Discussion in 'Specialty Pharmacies - General Discussion' started by Anonymous, May 27, 2011 at 8:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I accepted a position with CVS/Caremark - it's speciality pharmacy. Dermatology, Rheumatology, and Autoimmune is the focus. Does anyone have any input?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck, should provide modest mid 80ks salary...just don't expect a bonus. The Hebs have that locked up in Ft. Synagogue. Terrible work conditions and totally disrespectful. Not trying to dissuade, just be realistic, and start looking/networking immediately. Ask around about tenure.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Check your brains at the door...inept/insecure mngmt. RT still VP and will not tolerate any pushback. What geography do you have? Diplomat becoming a "player" in MidWest. Walgreens picking up steam in south.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

poster #2 has good insight...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

poster #2 is absolutely spot on. Most of the issues withCaremark are isolated within Specialty

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know Michelle Sexton, Nat Mgr transplant? What is she like...any hot buttons? Have possible interview coming up. Thanks for any tips.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was encouraged to go on here and read about caremark, despite already have taken the tse position with them. although i was encouraged this would be a "great stepping stone to get out of pharma/pushing pills" I am starting to resent that move. bottom line, there is NOT ONE OUNCE of positivity in our division(i'd rather not say where but it's not oncology) I heard Oncology VP is a huge believer in motivating his people, team building and keeping a positive environment. I cannot stand the lack of urgency, organization(another tse shared that he's assisted in getting the last 15 reps up and running and a single rep had a pleasant, nor positive, experience.) this is due mostly, for me, to the lack of support from my manager (who quite frankly is the worst manager out of the 8 I've had in my career) he has no sense of urgency, no positive feedback...I'm open to some coaching points. for the love of God give me some reason to respect you. his passion is like subzero weather. it's quite a shame b/c at the the end of the day this job could be a lot of fun. Unlike specialty pharma, this company puts as much focus on 6 excel spreadsheets(a lot of which are redundant info) then making sure their people are in front of their customers selling. admin and selling is 50/50 focus, versus 20-30%admin and 70% time in front of customers. it's a shame and i've watched reps drop like flies due to all the above. I'm regretting taking this position,...the only thing keeping me hanging on is our national director is energetic and encouraging... at least that's been my experience. these geographies are way too large to enable us to have the frequency to "our big guys" required to build that solid relationship we all know is half the battle.
    best of luck to all...i'm in limbo if i'm staying or going to start interviewing. this culture is just way to unhealthy and disorganized for me :(

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the interview process here like? I work for another sp & was thinking of applying here. How realistic are the sales goals?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anybody know the manager for the clinical pharmacist liaison position in South Florida?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To poster #8, how would you feel about getting your quota in August? This company has no intentions of paying bonuses. You will fight for every dime you are owed and ultimaately earn it twice. Ask around the inconsistency is consistent. Good luck.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't get your quota until August? What lame ass division are you in??

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I, for one, have been enjoying my job so much more and have been much more productive sense CW went on leave.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AWESOME!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where did the RT post go? Have we offended his sensibilities? Narcissus had to leave the mirror to address the truth?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KK is still demotivating and needs to take classes on how to motivate our team. it's ridiculous how he's a manager. I don't understand it. He's nice and all but the other day is a prime example! as i said in a previous post, culture here is so demotivating. I didn't get the jobs with those 2 companies but I'm continuing to search, as KK and the culture here has taken a serious toll on me. the admin is "busy work" and I'd rather be back in pharma. maybe it's b/c i was there for 9yrs. who knows. for now, my customers,peers and CW keep me going!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've heard the problem is WJ, not KK. And we just got WJ in Onc. Seriously? Who did we piss off?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem with what? The problem is with cry baby sales douches like yourself. Caremark is a solid company with a largely solid group of Specialty Sales Reps - you excluded. So go out, hit your numbers, like or don't like your manager, but grow up and be a professional.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couldn't agree more! There's no problem with WJ or KK. There are outstanding reps, managers and directors at this company. It's unfortunate that they're all puppets to RT. Could this guy be any more of a control freak? Are the higher-ups finally starting to see him for what he is? They took away half his control and brought in someone new. Let's hope the new guy will take over the whole group at some point.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KK you starting to read your own press. I agree the problem starts @ the top but the culture and the incompetents who lead it make this a top 10 candidate for most dysfunctional company of the year. Yeah Cmark makes $, so did Enron and Worldcom.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is wrong people, no one feel like kicking the giant? Is it possible the loss of RT made this a more civil place to earn a living? Happy Mothers Day!