Territory sales reps salary

Discussion in 'Patterson Dental Supply' started by anonymous, Jan 10, 2018 at 8:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are lucky, you will be able to make another $5K in commission the first year or 2. It will likely take you about 6 to 8 years to get anywhere near $100k and that's if they don't continue to cut commissions. After the 2 or 3 year guarantee of the $50K, most reps take a pay cut when they go to straight commission.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RUN!!!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really, the pay is that low???

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. Yes it is. And your expenses/milagem is tracked via app so they know where you've been and who you've been seeing... Run is the best answer.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Or do your fucking job and make money. I know that's hard from your boat in the middle of a lake somewhere but that work ethic is what screwed this company over the past decade while the world changed around it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What an angry little elf! Must be a manager ( or someone desperate to become one ) who pisses off people in offices yet think he’s “effective”.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure what your malfunction is specifically but I'm tracking to do about $2mm this year, the point I was making is there are challenges with the way they treat new reps via tracking apps etc, very little trust. If your angry maybe it's because your not very good at what you do. Merry Christmas.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$2million makes how much commission? Assuming you are only commission.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

About 120 - 140k if you’re very lucky.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pffft, nope. At$2mm you'll be lucky to break into the low $100's. With falling margins and screwy commission schedules that's about all you'll see.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So $1mm gets you $50k? $2mm gets you $100k? How long will a new rep take to get there?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol, odds are in a scratch territory in todays world that you will never get there. Rapidly contracting industry, (dso’s, corp groups, gpo’s ect) contracting margins, new savy competition. Also you are thinking this is a “sales” job. It is not! It is an account service and maintenance job. More like a service route because there is no time to really sell anything anymore. If you can even get a few accounts then you have to maintain all their issues and equally trying to always smooth over all your companies short comings (no matter what company). Today a very small percentage get to 1m in 5 years (high turn over) and even smaller get to 2m in 5 to 10 years. 5-10 years from now it is debatable if there will be many reps left at all but likely far few reps handling much higher volume and much lower commission with little additional support. Other factors to get there... you would have to work 60+ hours per week mostly doing mind numbing bs administrative assistant type tasks on a computer and fixing customer problems. You will have little balance as your work consumes your life. Anyone see this differently?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You nailed it! When I left this place to go work for a DSO it felt like I was working for the dummest company ever assembled. So many failed commitments run by out and out liars who seem to just be flailing away aimlessly.

The game has changed for sure, and there’s probably room for a supply chain / distributor business, but Patterson is mostly screwed. I wasted 3 years of hard work, best to work for the end user or a manufacturer.

Advice to PDC, don’t hold another NSM, Waste of time and money and you have too many goofs trying to act like leaders.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are correct. I still cannot believe that little rat Rogan is one of the “leaders” and that other arrogant failure Guggie is considered a “leader.” No wonder Patterson Dental is in such disarray and will never recover. What positive moves have they or anyone else made? Obviously NOTHING!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mostly true. There is still room for some newbies, but selling gear is a thing of the past. 10 years ago we were in the field 80% of the time or more. Today we are in the field 25% of the time and 75% is fixing problems and maintenance.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really wouldn't bother with dental. Half of all offices will be DSOs in 10 years. Business model of an office is being changed from a proprietorship to a corporation. Millennial docs graduate with 300-500k with debt, forcing them to work for the Aspens or count every penny in their own practices. Selling on margin is a recipe for disaster for a newbie. Territories are tiny. Some have fewer than 1000 offices and the math is just plain daunting. Imo, you need to sell an innovative product or one everybody can use to make it in sales in the internet age. So much wind in our face.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How low can this stock go before someone gets fired at the top? Dropping under $20...wow. All that esop for the veterans is worth about a third of what it once was.