Tethys Bioscience

Discussion in 'Tell Me About Your Company' started by Anonymous, Jul 17, 2010 at 6:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Received a 3rd statement from this fraudulent collector, crossed out the address on the window of envelope returned it with "no such person at this address", received it back with window cut out....seriously. If it smells like a rat, and sounds like a rat it must surely be a rat....

I will also be filing complaints with the various entities responsible for verifying the collection practice of this individual.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a mess! Tethys Bioscience went out of business in December 2013. Health Diagnostics acquired assets. Now, Health Diagnostics is bankrupt and another company is acquiring them! A chain of turnovers.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't think it's a zombie collection agency. According to another posting, it's Tethys (temporarily rising from the ashes for 3 years) to collect its payments. But another company bought their assets then went bankrupt. How does a person know that the bills are from a legit company or collection agency that doesn't identify itself? Why would anyone pay to a dead company which seems to be turned over to other companies that go bankrupt? Seems like a good way to lose payment records in all this turmoil.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"present" must mean when Tethys Bioscience went out of business, since it doesn't exist today.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My parents are very concerned about these bills which I have been receiving and not paying (per Doctor's orders). I don't live at their address anymore and my maiden name is used on the bills. It's obviously a big scam. I'm tempted to start sending Demetria messages via Facebook....

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We've been getting these bills every month for almost a year now, which I've been throwing away. I'm going to start sending their postage paid envelopes back to them empty from now on, as another poster suggested. I like the idea of them having to pay postage on thousands of empty envelopes-now I can smile instead of get annoyed every time that bill shows up!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is kind of what I did with the last one I received. I ripped up the envelope it came in, put the pieces in the prepaid envelope and stuck it in the mail. I will continue to do so with every single letter I continue to get from them. I'll be dumping them at Post Offices in different towns. Might as well have some fun with it ;-)

onhold likes this.
  9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just received my 9th billing letter from this scammer but this time Ms. Demetria Wyatt-Davis' return envelope was not a postage paid one. I guess she was tired of paying for letters that didn't have any money in them.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just pay what they say I owe.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hah! My most recent one also was not in a postage paid return envelope ( the last one I ripped up and mailed the pieces back in the postage paid envelope). I just laughed and dropped this one off at my doctor's office. They have asked any patients receiving these bills to give to them.

onhold likes this.
  13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bill number ten arrived and I noticed that the PO Box on the return envelope has changed even though the letter head still shows the old one. They reference a website where online payments can be made but it was still under construction when I visited it. The site is also very cheap looking. These for me are all red flags as to the nature of this entire scam.

14. onhold

onhold new user

Just received our 21st statement. Have been told by our doctor that they went bankrupt and cannot collect any monies from us. They keep sending statements

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In an inquiry to the City of Manteca they replied that Tethys Bioscience does not have a valid business license and is therefore operating in violation of a city ordinance requiring that they be licensed. Just another red flag with these billings.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been receiving bills from Tethys from January of 2012. Showed up in my mailbox in 2015 and I have been receiving monthly bills. A 3rd party audit discovered this non payment. I am so glad that I discovered this thread. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as they listed complaints against this company on their website. The last bill I received is offering me a reduced payoff! Website is under construction. They are not getting a dime from me!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been getting these BS letters from "Tethys Bioscience, Inc.", an OUT OF BUSINESS entity. They now are offering to "cut the debts owed in half" with a "settlement offer. If there is a Class Action against these thug phantom debt collectors please include me. Complaints have been filed with the Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and California State Attorneys General. I encourage ALL to do the same.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest