Thank you Amgen for 2020 Vacation

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Jul 25, 2020 at 6:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wear my sunglasses at night

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get those sores checked dude

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Plenty of people outside of sales are working a lot. Some people here are clueless of what goes on in TO. Business development has been very active in 2020 so far. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean lots of things aren't happening. If sales people are not doing much and our sales aren't being impacted that negatively, it's just more evidence of why we can cut back (the entire industry can) on sales force

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

did you look at earnings yesterday? can you read? everything is down. everything.

you guys needs reps back in the field fast. what this is proof of is that digital can't drive sales. only reps can.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually I think you can't read. Sales were up. And earnings were only down because of the otetzla acquisition. On a non gaap basis, earnings were up.

And I quote: "Sales rose 6% to $6.2 billion, thanks to higher unit demand, offset partially by lower net selling prices".

Why do you think our stock basically ended up flat. If it was as negative as you say, we would have ended up way down. Stay in your lane. You're clueless.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In other words, we had no reps in the field and sales went up vs one year ago. Tool.

And earnings will always look bad on a gaap basis in the quarter when you make a large acquisition due to the accounting treatment of the purchase price. This has nothing to do with sales and when you present non gaap it looks better. That's standard practice

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

dig a little deeper first year MBA star...please comment on the actual volume trends for all products in Q2....I'm waiting

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey to the original poster for this thread and all who bragged about not doing anything for the past year -- go fuck yourselves. You are at least partly to blame for what happened today.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it’s all your fault for sitting on your azz and thinking this wasn’t going to end someday. We are not here to serve patients. We are here to pad our investors pockets with $$$ and our own. It’s all about the Benjamins and if you didn’t prepare for the imminent well I have no sympathy.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? You are blaming them for the global pandemic? For shelter in place orders? For hospitals, clinics, and health systems having no vendor access policies?

Yeah that makes sense.

I get it. You are angry. Unfortunately your anger is misplaced. This is business. It’s not personal. It’s not vindictive. We didn’t have a RIF for any other reason than the metrics of the SG&A. It’s a purely a financial decision. Clearly what was shown, is what many people, analysts, and reps themselves have been saying...we don’t need multiple reps in small geographies to drive demand-we can do more with less and most reps would be happy to not have counterparts duplicating efforts. With limited to no personal promotion for the last 10 months revenue was not greatly impacted, other than by the pandemic itself-not due to a lack of personal promotion.

Be mad all you want, but this decicision was not based on people not sending enough spam emails to customers in a week or a braggart post about being on vacation during Covid on Cafe Pharma. It was a financial and economic decision. Plain and simple...oh and in case you are new here this isn’t our first (or last) RIF. Pandemic or no pandemic. Good luck.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely spot on! Finally someone else who is intelligent! We are only here to serve our investors. Make no mistake about it. It’s not about patients. It’s all about money and how much we can make.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are not a foundation. We are not a non-profit. We are a publicly traded multinational cooperation whose only function is to increase shareholder value. How we get there is by developing and commercializing drugs. The fact that it helps patients is nice, and no matter how many credos, mission statements and corporate values we push out about helping patients the bottom line is the bottom line. You want to help patients? Start or work for a cancer foundation or a patient directed non-profit. What we are, and I am in no way ashamed by this, is capitalist in search of creating shareholder wealth.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The absolute brutal truth. Life is just so much easier when you understand and accept it.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think you're wrong. The concept of shareholder value was created in 1970 and is slowly dying. It has been used for a few decades now as a way for the C suite to justify screwing over employees. Going forward companies will need to operate on a stake holder model. I think the employee and the customer will and should be above the stock holder on that totem pole.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks, Friedrich Nietzsche.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sure...unfortunately that’s not where are at this point in time. Who knows if it is dying a slow death or not...point being is, it is still very much alive and the only proof you need of it’s heartbeat is what happened to many folks at Amgen this week...

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess you really have a lot of time for “tapping” now, right?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good point
    Now, go make me some more money

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BUMP