Thanks for the heads up, dummies! CNN story hit!!!

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Michael Ferguson very aggressively forced several off label tactics to include Huntington’s disease get some scrubs and sneak in the facility you name ait that unethical little worm or suggested it. Roya Kelly Is so off label all the time she has her nurses pouring bottles of Cough syrup with all her doses of neudexa To really boost effect of a quiet unit totally heartless and off label. These two are still there in Indiana and well rewarded

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's so frustrating for us reps that are 100% ethical and with high integrity. I never over promise results or over sell the population in homes. Nuedexta works and I'm so irritated that these two young little reporters of course don't represent the full story. Fake news indeed. NOTHING ever happens to anyone for going after pharmaceutical companies. I feel bad for the residents that truly need this product. I'm upset that Avanir chose to "decline comment." Are you effing kidding me? Swing back! Yes there may have been bad seeds in our company but don't apply that to our entire sales force. We have to be 'fair and balanced'.... how about holding reporters accountable as well? Ugh.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The problem is... many people DO listen to CNN as this story pulls on your emotional heartstrings and ALL of my appointments in homes have been canceled today because they don't want to see me.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait, if you add cough syrup to
    the Nuedexta it makes it work better ?
    Will that treat the agitation?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No the problem is you people are pushing a drug to seniors who do have PBA at all. And you know it. It's disgusting that seniors would be put on this. This is a RARE condition. It should not be promoted to LTC facilities. Why do people with dementia need to stop laughing or crying?? I don't care what network this was reported on. The facts are there. And we all know it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Avanir has been breaking HIPPA for years, pulling charts in nursing homes and talking about how great Nudexta will work for Alzheimer's agitation and how a few patients can disrupt the whole floor. They cannot sell their crappy MIgraine drug so they have to go off-label to make any bonus. Hope they are disbanded and gone.

7. CNN

CNN Guest

If anyone has something they would like to share in the wake of our CNN article, please contact us at watchdog[at]cnn[dotcom].

Blake Ellis & Melanie Hicken

8. We are not a good source for the truth.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is cough syrup you big dummy!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Blake & Melanie this was nothing but
    a hit piece, you have no idea how
    behaviors are treated in nursing homes,
    investigate Seroquil, Risperdal, Zyprexa
    these drugs are used 20times more than Nuedexta and they are all used off label,
    by the way, those drugs make over a
    Billion dollars each. And the main use
    of those drugs is off label, some docs
    use these antipsychotics for sleep
    for goodness sake.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe we can sell these old folks more of the puffer!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is such an ignorant comment. Lol. So you're saying that RARE conditions cannot become more prevalent once it's more understood? Depression was once "rare." That's the essence of evolving in science. Anxiety was once 'rare' and people who were anxious WAY back in the day were considered 'with mania.' Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder was once RARE but now, thanks to pharmaceuticals, it's widely accepted and women don't have to suffer from PMDD. Prescribing Nuedexta is the equivalent of a doctor saying, "I'm not sure if it's depression, but what you're telling me and what I'm seeing seems like depression so I'll treat you for depression. If your symptoms subside in a few months, we have an answer." They're not making up a diagnosis just to get Nuedexta. It's diagnosis based on exclusion. Or if you have eczema. I'm not certain it's eczema but if you respond to an anti-inflammatory we have our diagnosis. And crying or laughing... just because you have dementia and are crying our laughing does NOT mean the patient has PBA. Get your facts straight. Have you ever worked in a nursing home? Probably not. Go ask a nurse what type of crying and laughing seen in PBA. There's a big difference. Go ask them how long they have to sit with a resident that cannot STOP for hours on end like a tic. Finally, Alzheimer's is only 1% of 65 and older but if you put 100 people with Alzheimers in a memory care, now you have 100% of a population in one building. Go figure. People who are intelligent that read that article understand this. Lol.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The feedback I'm receiving from homes and doctors today is exactly what many of us are thinking. They're rolling their eyes realizing it's just two silly girls at CNN trying to be dramatic. If you are at all intelligent you'll understand that it's one side represented. To make your story more credible and to advance your career, perhaps you'll start to include both sides. Oh wait... that's boring though.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Avanir is responsible for the reps. Period. True, not all reps are/were going off label. Avanir incentivized reps and speakers to go off label. It's true and we have seen it and there is STRONG documentation. MM and DP and others should be held responsible. We all know it and the DOJ knows it.
    The DOJ is not investigating the doctor's choice of meds people! The DOJ is investigating illegal practices within AVR, it's that simple. Have you forgotten we had to all turn in our cell phones????? Just for fun scroll back in some previous cafepharma threads for further proof of the nonsense that is Avr.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But what's your ranking ?
    That's what is most important
    at Avanir. Don't be ranked 215-220
    or you may be gone. more, more,more

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well they did both win Presidents Club

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How does it make the patient's health better? It doesn't. It's to make the staff's life better. PMDD? A made up diagnosis to sell rebranded Prozac. The rate of a condition should not increase in a population just because there is a drug to treat it. That's called "the tail wagging the dog" and is a big part of the ugly side of this industry.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This response needs to be blasted High and low! People need to realize this. I do however think that when people read that smear piece of an article they are going to be moved by the emotional one-sidedness. We need to issue an article about how this helps people.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest