THE "ALL DAY LIE", BEGINNING A NEW TRADITION AT AZ!

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Nov 19, 2014 at 6:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The flies on shit analogy is priceless and 100% true!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I remember seeing this thread about a year ago and thinking how pathetic people must be here to post about their inability to hit the required metrics and just get out and do what they are paid to do...sell. I now come to you with hat in hand. AZ wants metrics...I'll give em metrics.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here is the way the Physicians see us. You go in to the grocery just to pick up a gallon of milk and 5 sales people stop you along your way down the aisle to tell you how great their milk is and that you should buy only their milk. All you want is a simple gallon of milk and to get in and out as fast as possible. How fucking many times would you ever come back to that grocery and buy their milk?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And people wonder why Pharma Reps are not respected anymore...look no further than immature childish comments like this. Did you have to rack your brains real hard to post a comment like this?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think it’s pretty damn funny....

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don’t feel bad my friend. You once had ethics as I did, but no more. Sooner or later, you succumb to the song of relaxation that only the ALL DAY LIE can sing! Oh to hear it’s blessed sound when we are weary and tired, but just knowing it’s there is total peace and comfort!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup, until your DSM is fed up with the lack of RX movement and calls HR to have a complete work report done. Then he/she puts together an action plan that is so over the top, you agree to the mutual separation package going on your merry way. Soon after, you are walking the aisles of Lowe's or HD showing DIYers where they can find 16penny galvanized nails. A great life until it isn't.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True, so you always keep a ‘cover your ass’ file with emails and actions from management that would make HR cringe. Many of these actions from management are booze fueled and occur at meetings. Write down, action, date, time and all witness names. You think you you don’t need the file until you do. I was PIPed at BMS. I brought the file out and told my DM to go fuck himself (yes in those exact words) All the PIP requirements were met in two weeks per the DM. I then found another job in 5 months. The file allowed me enough time to stay until the next job was found. The DM lost so many reps during that 5 month period Hr looked into him and he was moved out of sales Mgt and back into a marketing role. They asked me stay when I gave notice, but it was time to move on.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sell the Lake House and it will be ok!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Do what you did."
    Aren't you great? How in the world do you manage to show your big ego while in the next sentence claiming that all you did for your entire career was WORTHLESS?
    I agree: Very very few people will match your lack of accomplishment.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Road with my sorry manager this week. I had to work until early afternoon and it damn near killed me! The ALL DAY LIE consumes me!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A recent post on CP and one of the best I've seen in awhile:

Just sent out my resignation letter tonight.

Young people, do yourself a favor and just leave this industry, and all medical sales behind. Companies today don't have integrity. The insurance companies, not the doctors, control the game. So, find something you love to do, and don't tell me it is sales. Sales is just not cutting it anymore. The disrespect I have observed over the years has been bad, but the last 5 years have just been off the charts bad. Get back your heart and and step into a better life by not focusing so much on making money, but rather finding employment with positive people that care. Getting these annual assessment and field ride evaluations that do nothing but make you a slave are not good for your mental health. Best to all, and I will see you in these offices some day, in my shorts and golf shirt, wishing that you find something that is more respectful and honest to do with your life. I missed the boat and didn't find out until later in life how much of a lie this corporate sales stuff really was. For that, I am a bit ashamed, but I have recovered from that guilt, because I didn't know better. Those that read this and understand it will thank me. The rest of you have much more introspection to do.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, knowing the ALL DAY LIE is there is very comforting. I feel no guilt. I am not ashamed of what I do. It allows me to spend many hours with my family and friends. It sings to me each and every day. I realize I cannot resist its call. I embrace the ALL DAY LIE.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I love this thread! DOES ANYBODY IN ALL OF PHARMA EVER WORK AN ENTIRE DAY?? I haven’t work a whole day in 95% of my time at AZ, and that’s years! I mean you’ve got to admit it totally hilarious!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This thread has turned out to be THE BEST thread on CP! It expresses what is really the truth in pharma to a T! For years, I haven’t met a single rep that works an 8 hour day, ever! We are the KINGS OF SALES in the world of sales! Our hourly pay is higher than most FP’S! WE ARE GODS!

To the ALL DAY LIE! The best thread on CP!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fresh out of training, first pharma gig (previous sale career: cold calls on the phone 100 x day, knocking on doors, standing around a trade show for hours, 100% commission, covering your draw - this was going to be dream sales job, training, car, bunch of promo money, market data..no cold calls,no 6 hours of interstate window time, easy bonus money!) You truly planned on working hard, checking all the boxes...

Soon you wake up, smell the coffee, see plenty of good reps axed, bad ones kept...bonus structure is mystery....everybody 'acting busy' , offices closed to reps, not bad for dropping off coffee and sandwiches.. but it won't take 8, 6 or even 4 hours a day to do it... stay off anyone's radar, check the boxes and soon the all day lie is really the all day reality of the job.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn't take long for you to figure out. Let's not forget that every night when you go to sleep you have to accept that you lied all day long about your daily productivity. Like you said, "Everybody is acting busy" is the funniest trait of a Pharma Rep and Manager.

I'm no longer in the business, put my time in (25 years) and stop back here for pure entertainment and laugh at least w/ the honest people on CP that get it. Every board says the same thing but yet there is always at least 1-2 people and definetly Management that make this job sound "So important and demanding". As you said "Everyone is acting busy". The job is barely 10-2, 3 days a week.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ll bet you’re manager wanted two see moar than too customers to. The all dey lye is four reel.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like it’s time to kick THE ALL DAY LIE into high gear with the coronavirus every where. 2 real calls a day max! NO MORE!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like the most visited AZ thread here on CP has the answer to the virus! Just follow the reason why this thread was created to begin with! THE ALL DAY LIE is our salvation during this time of crisis! Our chant will be, LIE! LIE! LIE! Join me brothers and sisters! It may save your life or a relatives life!