THE "ALL DAY LIE", BEGINNING A NEW TRADITION AT AZ!

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Nov 19, 2014 at 6:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please reveal so that we may shower you with accolades. This is the longest thread on the AZ board and one that has given us many laughs.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was sauntering to proud
    In my scrubs, strutting loud
    When a patient said hey
    And I looked back in quick dismay.

She had seen my sample bag
    My iPad, my way & discreet pro tag
    What can I do for you my dear?
    She said nothing, I just heard your rear.

Up to the window with glee
    I schmoozed and oozed sincerity
    Got flipped up side on my ear
    Got no doctors with time round here!

But food we do adore
    Are you really a well-ta-do whore?
    No, course not, I said in a blink
    What the hell do I do, she must think.

Can't even get to spill beans
    Package insert emesis routines
    With the MA I label as doc
    Yet this lie is nothing to knock

Back pedal in smooth, rehearsed style
    Clinch my cheeks to not break wind & smile
    As the game is the game is the game
    AZ DC's my lame nick name.

This piece of art belongs in the "ALL DAY LIE" archives.

WELL DONE! I want you and everyone that looks at the AZ Cafepharma thread, that I am the originator of this thread. Only 1 AZ employee knows that I started this thread so long ago. I retired from AZ during a lay-off where we were allowed to self-identify, take the severance package, and retire. That was March 2012.

I am thinking about revealing my identity because what does it matter now if AZ knows or not. What would you do if you were me? Reveal your identity or not?

I wrote that little diddy after farting in a patients face. The scrubs moved like a hot air balloon! I did actually stop and apologize, but she asked me to quickly "scoot along child!". Today, 2020, I represent AZ with the upmost PrOfezsionAliZm peoples. And the checks keep on coming whether I work or not. FUMR.

I would not reveal. Like the mystery. But now we know when you left so you will likely jump out of the closet. WELL DONE to you. You told the truth and see, nothing happened then or will now. It's an ALL DAY LIE this ridiculous industry with it's characterless leaders accepts, condones or capitulates to and collects their checks to as well.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had felt like such a failure as a rep that 1 year into this role I was still struggling to meet the 8 calls per day metric (pre-COVID). Always felt guilty about fudging my calls but now I see it's not a personal failure but a systemic failure on the organization to set realistic expectations. Thanks for the thread and all the great anecdotes! :)

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, I can’t think of a more perfect thread is times like these that the most classic and #1 AZ Cafepharma thread called THE ALL DAY LIE!

Having survived yet once again, over far more qualified people than myself, I will continue to follow the sacred tenets of THE ALL DAY LIE starting today and henceforth. I am now convinced I am totally and completely bulletproof from any AZ lay-off. I knew that if I was loyal to THE ALL DAY LIE I would be OK, and here I am!

Come brothers and sisters and join me in the most revered idea in all of pharma! Worry no more! Enjoy life! You too can feel safe once again to lie about the calls you have been faking and not worry about getting caught! It’s all here waiting for you to grasp! WELCOME TO THE ALL DAY LIE!!!!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NOT funny!!! People have lost their livelihood during a pandemic and holidays, and you think this is funny? Shame on you!!! Shame on YOU!!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To the cry baby wailing, "you shouldn't make fun, people have lost their jobs!" I say, grow up. One, I've been through this 10+ times in my long career. Made it through 7, did not through 3. 7-3 is a good record when you know that each time you did nothing wrong. You worked an HONEST DAYS TOIL. You suck it up and move on cause that is the only way to move on, my child.

This poster is making the HONEST point that much of pharmaceutical sales is fraudulent theft. Theft. As in criminal. Not even civil crimes but the same as stealing from someone. I abhor this industry for it.

So, how can someone with integrity cry if people are let go because it is a bloated system with a major systemic flaw perpetuated by people right up to the top of the fat food chain? If you want to hate or be pout, be mad and pout at the corporate executives who are the fattest, most unrestrained pigs on earth, right here in America. If they can use you pons, you people playing in the pit, they will. And if they don't need ya, they won't. They are the "cold" bastards darkening your skies. Cause you think they are your sky. They aren't, they are PIGS, not your universe, less you let them be.

Be angry at our filthy corporate executives as we enter the holiday season in a shit storm of a pandemic.

None the less,

~ Pharmaceutical Sales is the Land of Make Believers.~
    And hey, Santa is coming soon to all that are GOOD!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The ALL DAY LIE thread is funny, but the truth is there also. This job is one big lie day after day after day. Covid and soon to be implemented drug cost legislation will prove to be the final nail in the sales Rep’s coffin. I have lied every single day for 20+ years. It’s all I know, so I will continue to do so.

Merry Christmas!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh Captain! My Captain! Carpe Diem! Please share a quick how to navigate the ALL DAY LIE, most specifically when your lovely manager comes to town? Is it just enough calls for the office to know you exist? Meals? Fuel ups? Refresh us!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a fool....

Full of yourself....

Should have reached Upper Management...

Narcissists landing ground...

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If your lucky, you get the manager that will only work with you at your lunch and then go home; or now (zoom meals) They do the ADL dance too...

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? Your in this bull shit job and you are asking how to manage a manager visit? You need to just stay home, permanently, junior.

This job is for those of us that have mastered the art of deception with no reservations to LIE, all day.

That goes for here, and every pharma company, less a few biologics, high end specialty pharma or orphan drug companies where they are actually needed to help get the drug covered, administered, etc.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great comment in bold! I embraced the ALL DAY LIE many, many, many years ago. If anyone deserved to be let go it was me. But as you say, I have survived by mastering the ability to lie and deceive. I consider it an art at this point. I am sorry for those who were laid off. My advice is to try and get into oncology where you don’t have to lie because nobody sees you except nurses. Territories are big, but lying is acceptable.

I only have a few years before I retire, and I expect to see another layoff before then. I hope I get caught up in the next one. For all of you that haven’t embraced the ALL DAY LIE, do it now.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok wise one. What are your secrets? I need to protect myself next time

thanks

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ya right.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This job is not for the newbie any longer. It's all based on the job learning how to lie to do less and get more. If you can't figure that out, get out.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People like you just make me want to find you and kick your punk-ass. Sure it’s a challenge but it’s also about compassion and truly wanting to make a difference in the lives of those (patients) and wanting to make a difference in their lives. You are a complete disgrace, and I hope, pray that you live a life free of cancer, or affliction of a disease. But if you are diagnosed with something, I pray you have a rep who fights to get into seeing a doctor and informing them of therapies that can make a difference. Sir you truly are a piece of shit.......

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WANTING TO HELP PATIENTS???? You hypocrite! You could give 2 shits about patients! A rep who fights to get into a doctors office!? What a fucking joke! My guess is that you just got canned! What a moron!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong whiz kid, I am employed, in oncology, and make double what you dream of making. The problem you have angry, middle age, fat, balding, unattractive, divorced, out of shape, yellow tooth, loser, white man, is that you wanted to post for an oncology position, but just couldn’t get past your manager because you are under qualified..........LOL I sure hope you don’t have any offspring because I truly feel sorry for them to have a piece of shit like you.........

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You want to "make a difference" become a social worker or a REAL health care professional. You are a drug rep. You take a course that lasts a few weeks and think you are an expert in a drug. You're not. You are a drug rep. Get the signature. Do the lunch and give the company metrics. You made ZERO difference in any patient. Fight to see a doc? Yeah right. You inform a doctor of therapy? Yeah sure like the doctor never read a journal or talked to peers about a therapy. I'm a drug rep too. I'm in it for the salary and benefits. It's a job that's it. Am I proud of what I do for a living? Damn right I am. I work alone the vast majority of time. I make great money and benefits. But do I make a difference in anyone's life? Yeah Mine!!!!!!!!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look who is calling the kettle black. Oh those corporate executives they are the problem. Look at you. You are a senior rep been through ten of these. Therefore you make 100K plus a year. Have a pension and a company car and all the other perks of the job. You are in the upper ten percent of incomes in the country and have it made yet you point your finger at someone else. You are just as guilty. What a hypocrite.