The beginning of the end tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Jun 7, 2018 at 6:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, has the MS franchise been put through complete hell. Overwhelmingly, everyone regrets accepting positions here. This process of transformation will haunt many for years to come and they have let everyone down. It’s been embarrassing to be associated with this mess. Yes, company loyalty is hard to find, but this company made us believe it was different here. This division has been nothing more than who can make the loudest noise, who is sleeping with someone influential, who can trump faster than someone else. The leadership is simply just filled with unsympathetic bull sharks that really could give a shit about screwing with someone’s life. The Genentech we have known has quickly gone and this is the legacy they are leaving now. Make no mistake that people from the outside are making notes. They may think there has been transparency but all they have done was left everyone fearful and angry. There has been no transparency and only robotic and uncaring answers given. Whether everything works out or not for the individual employee tomorrow, certainly makes everyone hate the company they work for.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

... people from the outside ARE making notes, especially those who opted to leave. Now that I'm on the outside, I can't tell you how many past GNE folks stand in disbelief and say to one another, "just glad we're not there." What a tragic legacy for what was once an a truly epic company.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree as well! Genentech is now just known as big pharmaceutical that gets rid of people on the dime. Why would anyone want to ever be recruited here again? I’m in Lytics and to see what they have put these poor people through after such a successful launch is criminal and questions everything. SHAME ON YOU GENENTECH.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s easy for them because they all have their jobs and can call the shots. If anyone is let go, it is completely trash and unfair. This company is big enough to find something for everyone if they really gave a damn.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. How could they do this to anyone? It really sends a strong message. Interview with us and take your chances at getting a year or two in before we let you go. This is so sad beyond words. No one in their right mind would have come here knowing they would only have the job for a short time. What is completely sick is there is no reason for this when business is good. If the launch would have been a failure, then yes one might expect this. But this was a record breaking launch and they interviewed and put people through a massive process and the franchise is doing well and they decide to do this? No, this is just sick.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You guys, I really don't think that there are going to be major headcount reductions announced tomorrow. I do agree that there will be a few, possibly the smallest territories that have been seen as potentially unviable since the beginning. But let's not get too worried yet, because I think tomorrow's call will be more around the redefining of the roles (looks like FRM/CC roles will change the most) and less around drastic job cuts. What's so sad is that the unknown anticipation is driving everyone nuts, and people are starting to expect the worst. Hopefully after tomorrow people's anxiety will lessen.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The phrase "better serve the customer and patient" is truly a hollow banner to hold high. The fact is that if Senior Leadership did a better job of bringing on a right sized sales force, lived the example of collaboration with partners (and in turn laid down the example for others to follow) we could have had a better full oct approach to account management. Instead we were pitted against each other in a desperate attempt to gain control. The CS,CC,FRM,TLL,MSL model works in every other franchise (Yes I know.... RA has CC's). They speak about breaking silos.........they are the ones who built them. Now the Squad will hold this latest exercise in futility as a great shining star on their corporate resume. most successful launch in Genentech history......No one feels that successful at the moment. I wish you all good luck tomorrow and the coming weeks. No one deserves to be hung out to dry like this.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a recently departed former Genentech CS chiming in who opted to not pursue MS 2 years ago. If AVB hired in so many senior people from Biogen who had years of experience in MS and who should have known exactly what the optimal head count and territory alignment was to launch in the MS market, how the hell did it end up the way it is?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for your wise words. In a way, they give me a bit of comfort that I’m not the only one.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't get me wrong, I do feel your pain but why do you feel so special. This kind of treatment is common across every franchise. These people are straight up liars. They do live and work in SSF you know.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Excuse me, but who said this kind of crap wasn’t happening to other franchises? This isn’t a competition. We are going through this horrible experience now and will concur that this company treats their employees like pieces of garbage they just throw away. They are the epitome of hiring “at will” employees. If anyone ends up being affected by this, they are the ones with blood on their hands. They can try to justify it any way they can, but they lied to us. What part of this makes sense? YOU HIRE GREAT PEOPLE THAT WORK THEIR ASSES OFF AND THE LAUNCH IS A SUCCESS AND THEN YOU WANT TO ELIMINATE PEOPLE?? You’re pigs.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You know what? It takes a great leader with strong ideals that would stand up against this sh*t and say no this isn’t going to happen and we will have to rework things until we find a place for everyone. That’s a great leader that protects their people. Do we have that? No. One weasel has Sweden on her brain and the others? They are all just lemmings. Nothing but noncaring, nonconfrontational, do as I say, lemmings.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not so long ago GNE would have taken care to re-org so that everyone found a home. We had leaders back then. Now, it's such a shame to see a young franchise, or any franchise, treated this way. You've given a lot but consider cutting your losses and further heartache and find another company. GNE is no more and this is going to keep happening.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is what happens when you have Swiss bankers in charge. You're just a charge, an expense, to be clipped . Genentech had $56 billion in sales last year, and they're cutting like they're down to their last dime.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are hiring management from Lilly now? LOL

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And GlaxoSmithkline. They are the worst!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly! And no one should be referred to as “headcount.”

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I cannot imagine morale after this is over. No matter what. It was how they handled everything. The more screwed up the program, the idea, the execution, the more likely people were to get promoted.
    The only people left will be yes men.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Take a look at the BOLD execution if you're looking for a model. Atrocious!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Naah. People have short term memory. Give it a day or two, and morale will stabilize. Come January, everyone will be partying like it’s 1999 at NSM Vegas. Those let go will be faint memories.