The Blame Game Model

Discussion in 'Genoptix' started by Anonymous, Aug 24, 2012 at 1:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I finally figured out the Genoptix business model:

Upper Management blames NSD, NSD blames RD's, RD's Blame DSMs, DSM blames Sales Rep= unmotivated, jaded, bitter reps = Loss of Sales

Please note that all blame moves to the right, for example...the Upper Management blames the NSD, and the RD's, and the DSMs, and the sales reps.

If we can simply shift the dynamic back to the left we would have solved some of our problems, for as much as "Its the sales teams fault" is an easy scapegoat line for Carlsbad to feed Basal... I believe this model to be more correct:

Ineffective sales force = direct result of poorly trained and inexperienced managers, which is a direct result of untrained and inexperienced RDs, which comes from under-experienced VP's/NSD's, which stems from the bad decisions of upper management.

To even begin to try to fix this mess:

We would need seasoned and experienced leaders all the way up and down the ladder, a REAL training department, a marketing team that knows how, and perhaps more importantly WHEN to launch a product, a legal team that is at least 50% on our side, and some small sliver of hope for upward mobility or at the very least true rewards for stellar performances, and let me tell you...that incentive relief fiasco WAS NOT REWARDING FOR ANY PERFORMANCE except poor performance. No retention bonus in the world can solve our problems....its too deep seeded to even try to cover this up with a band-aid.

I know that none of this actually matters now that we are Novartis, and we are basically at their mercy....maybe we'll be sold....maybe we'll be laid off.....maybe not....only one person could possibly know that for sure....and she hasn't been talking with us as of late.

Do I think this company could recover? Yes

Do I think that it will take a massive overhaul of our corporate structure, mass firings of inept leadership, and perhaps entire in-house department restructuring? YES

Do I think that any of this will happen? Sadly no....but one can hope right?

This is my first and last post on CP, so I wish all of you the best of luck whether you're staying or leaving....do whats right for you and your families and never look back.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with your sentiments except for the part that the company can recover.

This place is like burnt toast and scraping the crud off won't make it taste any better.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Long ass post...but gotta say agree with 99% of it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To err is human
    To blame shows management potential. (especially at Genoptix)