The Challenger Sales Model: A Disaster Waiting to Happen in Vaccines

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Apr 22, 2017 at 12:41 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How fitting that another dysfunctional sales model being rolled out in the Vaccine Division is named after the ill fated NASA space shuttle (Prayers still going out to those seven brave souls and their families.). Similar to this tragic event in history, we have an incompetent executive leadership team illogically deciding to launch a mission (another dumb pushy sales model) into an extremely frigid environment (providers who are closing their doors and sick of pushy sales reps already) with a faulty sales model.

Do you really think most providers are going to want to hear their Merck sales rep find a different way to question their medical decisions yet again about not buying enough vaccines every couple of weeks? Hell no!!! How many times will Merck executive leadership waste money giving their friends who run some lame sales consultant firm an opportunity to roll out another dumb sales model that goes against the common sense of treating customers with respect. Constantly making customers feel guilty or questioning their medical decisions will not get more vaccine business. This stupid sales model is going to explode in the face of reps and the debris will rain down and block reps from getting good access to their customers. When will Vaccine leadership ever learn instead of constantly losing money, losing the sales force's morale and losing meaningful relationships with customers? West Point, we have a problem!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People won't be happy until we are frozen out of every account..acting liked used car sales people.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is what happens when you have the same idiots running the place for the last 30 years like it's a family run company.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh wow!!! This is spot on. The challenger is literally the exact opposite of what we should be doing. It is really sad. I have been hear 15 plus years and I think it is the worst decision ever made to role this out. Every Rep I have spoke to has the same feelings.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Challenger is a proven success throughout Pharma. The weak non performers can't grasp the concept. They cry like a little bitch on here. Certified LOSERS !

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Proven Success only because the consultants who push this program reverse engineer the results to find some correlation of success. Most likely test marketed the program in a market with a formulary win or with a company that was launching a true blockbuster. Check back in 2 years to see how this new approach is working. At least it gives some home office folks something to do and talk about in meetings.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, one of Merck's most loyal sheeple decided to put his baby bottle of Merck Koolaid down to whine on this board against intelligent and independent thinkers with a vast knowledge of selling experience who disagree with obvious poor decision making about this selling model. Nobody asked you Merck cult follower so chug your Koolaid and worry about yourself as you parrot what your fearless and foolish leaders tell you to do. You are CERTIFIABLY INSANE if you think healthcare providers are buying into this moronic sales model.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually no. There have been several Pharma companies try it in the past and they have all abandoned the model. It doesn't work. Ask Sanofi reps or AZ reps. They are two of several companies that tried challenger and have already quit.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Challenger has failed at other companies so what will be different at Merck?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll agree. 10 time Circle of excellence and all star using this methodology.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get to work bitch before we fire your lazy ass if we didn't already fuck tard.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL!!! You're such a bad@ss talking all tough on an anonymous chat board. Your mom must be proud as you waste away in her basement rent free. Now run along and yell at your mom to make you some meatloaf you middle aged failure to launch loser.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My only regret in spending decades in pharma is that I didn't transition into being a consultant and selling ridiculous and idiotic sales models to the morons that run these companies. The level of stupidity is really something to behold

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remember Jerry Acuff of DeltaPoint??? His sales model was going to change the way Pharma sold. Within a year Merck had the biggest layoffs in history. HCPs hate "canned" questions and will walk away. Every company in and out of Pharma has abandoned this after 2 years.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So True. After 2 decades in this industry I can't count all the binders and modules I have gone through for the end-all, be-all selling skills programs. Each one faded away in months, not years. I think my Customer Centered Sales book is now door atop on my shed and my New Commercial Model materials were burned along with all the boats.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thats right, I am a bad ass. Good thing I'm not your neighbor pussy pants. Go use the schmerck credit card to augment dinner for your 70,000 a year job

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well I had a field visit last week and my CTL modeled the challenger in an office appt. He wanted to show me how to do it since in the previous call I didn't do the challenger to his liking. Results: We got kicked out. Flat out asked to leave. The doctor walked out and the the office manager came back and asked us to leave. In the car my manager said, "not every call is winner." SMH! With challenger no call is a winner.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The major problem is that our target audience is finite and shrinking. Unlike other industries, we cannot afford to play the numbers game. If the Challenger model could improve access I would embrace it.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the challenger model, huh? What a bunch of fucking mind numbed robots.

Empty suits

And ugly women

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Challanger is a proven success year after year and generated trillions for many company's. Who's the bozo above ?