The Countdown

Discussion in 'Cafepharma Playground' started by Breakingnews, Jan 6, 2016 at 2:02 PM.

1. Breakingnews

Breakingnews Well-Known Member

Vagitarian likes this.

2. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

3. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

4. Breakingnews

Bullpen help will be hard to find although there always seems to be an arm out there that other clubs overlook. Cespides would be a great pick up for the 5 spot but at what cost? He is a streaky player who gets injured often and is looking for a boatload of money. I think there is an underlying reason he has been with so many teams the past few years and it probably isn't good. Justin Upton is still out there and might be a nice fit for the Tigers.

5. libluvsbukkake

Actually, they said that Cespides was a good fit in the clubhouse for the most part, due to Victor Martinez and Miggy. But, given Victor's injury history, he would be a good insurance policy, and Illitch is very old and wants to win. He is a great owner. I did hear that Cespides didn't think much of Ausmess though, and why they kept this train wreck of a Manager is beyond me. Upton would be fine too.

6. Breakingnews

I can see him being a good fit with Miggy and V-Mart - The Latin connection would work well for the team. The question is - At what price tag does Cespides come with? From what I hear, J.D. Martinez is emerging as a potential star in the outfield. They can also go after Austin Jackson and bring him back to Detroit. The AL Central is shaping up as a division that all teams have a shot at making the playoffs.

7. Breakingnews

Upton was a great pick up for the Tigers! Less than a month until pitcher and catchers report.

8. libluvsbukkake

I am ecstatic Van Smack. Odd that Detroit has both the BEST and the WORST owners in pro Sports. If they stay healthy, the will be fun to watch. But in the end, Ausmess will find a way to fuck it up.

9. Breakingnews

I think they can win the division or at the very least be a wild card team. Keep an eye on another player - John Mayberry Jr.. The Tigers signed him to a minor league contract and he is a great pick up. Mayberry was with the Phillies a few years ago he and can be a real boost for a team - He is an OF with a good bat. I can almost guarantee that if he gets called up, Mayberry will make a positive impact on the big league level. Also, I recently got a part time gig as a scout for a team in the FCBL (a college wood bat league). Got my first player signed two weeks ago!

10. libluvsbukkake

Damn Van Smack, I am jealous. What a great gig. I would love to retire and scout Hockey or help coach. I would love to do Baseball too, but I don't know enough about the game. I didn't hear about the Mayberry Jr. signing, but I do remember him having some good numbers. They will need him, because someone's going to be on the DL from the lineup this season. Plus, Mayberry's Dad is a Detroit boy.

11. Breakingnews

It's finally here - Pitcher and catchers on Friday.

I have been busy traveling on and off the past few weeks to a few baseball showcase tourneys and have started to line up some players for next season already. Most players are freshmen or sophomores with an occasional HS senior. It has been great to talk with coaches and watch the indoor workouts.

You could probably pick up a similar gig with hockey - Check out the local prep teams or club teams and see what help they might need. It can start as part time and turn out to be something you can move into and eventually retire. I am hoping to do something similar over the next few years and build on the baseball scouting - it would make for a great retirement 'job'.

Vagitarian likes this.
  12. Vagitarian

I'll be looking for something tomorrow....(oops! later today............)

13. Vagitarian

Found 4 games listed as televised on March 1st. 1) Baltimore/ Atlanta & 2) Cincinnati/ Cleveland 3) Pittsburgh/ Detroit and 4) Toronto/ Philadelphia.

11 games the next day (March 2nd) including the Giants, Diamondbacks, Nationals & Royals.

14. libluvsbukkake

Vag, just cannot do the Exhibition season thing. But, that's just me. I used to go with my first wife to Florida every year and watch a few games.

Your Dodgers are going to be great for many years to come. Just saw an article today, that rated them with the top farm system. No wonder that they let Greinke go. Plus Dodger Stadium is still my favorite. Petco Park in San Diego and Pac Bell in S.F. are tops on my list.

15. Vagitarian

Fortunately my 2 kids live in San Diego and San Francisco. My days of driving around ballpark parking lots are a done deal. If we get to AZ this Spring to visit friends, we may (keyword may) catch an exhibition game. More likely it will be a strip club because, like you, my woman is game on!

16. Vagitarian

Well, Detroit is playing on the 1st & 2nd so just in case you wanna little showcase.

BelleoftheBall likes this.
  17. Breakingnews

I will be watching the games on Friday, March 4th. It's a tradition that a friend and I have been doing for the past few years. It's great to see the Spring Training reports on ESPN and MLB Network.

Van Smack: Have you been listening to Underground Garage on XM? It has been better than ever over the past month or so.

18. libluvsbukkake

I have not. I have been in a full time job search, so I only get to hear it on the weekend. I miss it, especially on the road.

19. BelleoftheBall

BelleoftheBall Active Member

Well please keep us posted Vag!

20. Breakingnews

Best of luck in your search.

Weekends are the best for Underground Garage. I actually heard a Frank Sinatra song on the channel last Sunday!