The fat lady is starting to sing....

Discussion in 'Health Diagnostics Laboratory' started by anonymous, Aug 11, 2015 at 6:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She's going to be singing from a nice cool jail cell.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

21 layoffs today.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And that fat lady has such a nice voice.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fat lady sounds like a fat man right now. Praising lab inspection results as "good news" just before he explains why their streamlining of the business process laid off nearly 2 dozen employees with no severance. I love how he talks about those that were laid off taking sacrifices for the good of the company while he's still sitting on a half-million dollar paycheck driving the place in to the ground.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just love her quote in the article:
    "It would be nice to see Richmond focus on all the good HDL has done for thousands of people for a change."

OMG - are you KIDDING ME? How about all the people who have been hurt by HDL (lost jobs, damaged reputations)? How about all the millions of people she defrauded with her scheme? Her total lack of awareness (or is it just a lack of caring?) around the societal cost of fraud and abuse in the health care system is abhorrent.

I guess she considers herself a modern day Robin Hood. I'll give her one thing - her hubris hasn't diminished!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why didn't they get severance?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because HDL has no money. And when they are bought a month from now, you'll watch at least 200 jobs, maybe more, vanish. The company is overweight on headcount and expenses. It will be the first thing any buyer sees on the balance sheet. Bb&t is exactly right in the articles about HDL. At least in this last round they eliminated some of the leadership. The bigger problem no one is reading about is still the poisonous environment there. HDL is a horrible place to work and the only way to keep your job (pre September buy) is to be buddies with the CEO or his minion drinking buddies.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What do you see happening in sales department?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, another real world confirmation of the link between psychopathic traits-egocentric, grandiose behavior without a shred of empathy-and (now departed) management.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She's right though!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ehhh nothing at all. That's why sample volumes are down 20-30% from predicted levels for the last few months.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I suppose Russ and Anna should have taken that advice.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would Russian have to take that advice?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Meant Russ.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm pretty sure they'll label it as "management restructuring to more effectively streamline and get back to the core business model..."

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why you mad bro? Just go back to your old job at Sally's Beauty Supply.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seems more layoffs are inbound. Rumor has it another 50-75 being let go before the sale date next week.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How do you know? Any idea what departments?