THE FIELD RIDE CIRCUS

Discussion in 'Takeda' started by anonymous, Jan 21, 2020 at 8:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Had a manager who thought he was God’s gift to earth. He thought everyone loved him. Then I went on leave and he couldn’t get in anywhere and when he did get in, he got stonewalled. He was shocked to find that maybe people didn’t like him...so he blamed me for not having good enough relationships. SMH. So glad I’m gone.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Been here for 4 years. Have had 17 field rides total....8 of which were in the last 8 months. Its overkill. My boss undermines me in front of my customers, and it generates chaos. I'm trying to put out fires, and he keeps adding gasoline.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Had a manager who was a rep for 1 year, promoted to a manager at some shisty small pharma company and is now a manager at Takeda.

How can she help others sell, understand what it is like to be a rep,motivate people, etc when she hasn’t walked the walk?

Answer: she doesn’t. She is terrible and the whole team thinks she is a bossy and insensitive twat and of course she lack the self awareness to realize the truth.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Takeda treats its sales force a little bit better than a human trafficking organization.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To say you are in Leadership in pharma is a career killer.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t work for TAKEDA. I’m retired from a very large pharma with 42 years service at the same company.

I will ramble a lot, so forgive me.

What you are complaining about didn’t exist when I started. My first year I had either 2 or 3 field rides. Managers were to busy trying to grow the business and didn’t worry about babysitting. Reps did some of the things RBD’S do today. All the data we had came from a company called DDD, and then from your in territory wholesaler, if you had one. No hallway details. You sat down in the physicians office and got to know them personally and they did the same with you. No managed care. The best rep and drug got the business. No lunches. You brought in a box of donuts every now and then. You had meaningful discussions most of the time. Managers often took calls during the day from start to finish. I would say that mine, in the beginning, took 50% of calls on a field ride.

The industry would love to replace reps and DM’S if they could, but they can’t, and they know it. They thought “E Detailing” would be the Holy Grail, but docs thought it was stupid, and it was. We used clinical studies 90% of the time when talking to physicians, from peer reviewed journals. We did journal
    clubs, for different specialties, where 1 of the docs would present a study relevant to the specialty. You were considered part of the medical community.

All of the above is gone, and never will return. Soon, the government will mandate some type of control over drug pricing. It needs to be done. Control will become more onerous over the years. Access will be what the government decides it to be. Sales forces will shrink for most companies.

My advice, if you can, become a mid-level, especially a CRNA. They will always have a job as long as they want to work. If you are hell bent on staying in pharma sales, be ready to jump from company to company to survive. Good luck to all of you .

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Since you are not working, please do not post on this site. Nobody wants your opinion.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are wrong! I do! And I am somebody!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I want their opinion also. You are one of those grammar police jerks responding. I thought we already told you off.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You arena of those people that has the need to put others down in order to feel better.

I suggest you apply for a management position at this company! They will love you!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry you are washed up nobody! Go play in another sandbox.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on. Unfortunately there's no way to tie impact to revenue in the pharma sales model. That's why you are, and will continue to be, micromanged in order to ensure you're doing your job. Honestly, other than field rides it's a pretty easy job.

If you don't like this model, go get a sales job where your effort is directly tied to revenue. That you alone created. Otherwise, take the good with the bad and suck it up.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds good jag off.

Listen, speaking of sucking it up..Ive got something for you! Open wide!!!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

On point! Thanks! Too many snowflakes, especially ex-Shire, in the sales force.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

those were the days.When your rating was tied to the revenue you brought to the company. Then we became takeda, and here we are.Shit town.Takeda doesn’t even know how to manufacture life saving medicine according to the fda. Rare disease and takeda are an oxymoron.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Takeda is a shit company
    always was, always will be

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bahahahaha. Since buying Shire Trintellix sales increased. What does that say about Legacy Takeda reps and Takeda management?
    Here’s a novel idea- focus on growth instead of check the box sample drops. I gave samples, but I love scrips. Very different mentality. That’s why I had to leave this 2000 pharma management mentality. Takeda prides on reinventing the wheel. They have no pipe line.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on. Takeda management is just that management. They have no clue what a learner is. They are overly paid babysitters who justify their role with spreadsheets of BS. You can be in the running for crescent and growing actual business but if you aren’t hitting your ffp
    your in trouble. That’s one reason why trintellix has such low MS

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest