The good, the bad and the ugly

Discussion in 'Aegis Sciences Corporation' started by anonymous, May 15, 2019 at 5:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's get some collaboration going!
    Focus on good things happening at aegis...anybody? We all know the bad, insurance covg and billing. And the ugly,...company in sell mode, big accounts and corp owned making decisions at higher levels or using their own labs and labcorp, quest. Those of us willing to work hard to earn 100-150/yr can survive! The days of 250k/yr are GONE except for a lucky handful whose days are numbered. Oh and how about Guy leaving and being sued!! Sometimes the rep does own the business and not the company. Anyway for us newer reps not spoiled by the hayday, how can we win and rebuild? Is there a path forward? I choose to stay and fight awhile since the job market sucks and job security is shaky everywhere in healthcare sales!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Beware! Fake post from someone at Aegis corporate. Good try! #desperate

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Definitely someone from corporate who is incentivized if the company sells and scared people are leaving. They are even trying to control their employees on cafepharma. Things must be bad!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not from corporate, just a hard working rep with 12plus years in h/c sales. Never made over 110 in salary &commish, but always a high performer in every role and challenge in life. As i said, we all know the bad and the ugly, but is there ANY good at Aegis? If not, where in h/c sales is there solid growth for an ethical and fairly intelligent sales person? We (the "good people" at aegis can all try to keep the boat afloat, and pass out lifevests. Leave the griping and negativity to the weak and egocentric.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Definitely corporate post that does not have a clue. Instead of throwing lifevests out on cafepharma I would start with your sales force directly. They are all “good people” and your losing them quick.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you’ve been in h/c sales 12 years and never made over 110K you need to leave the industry. It’s coward to make up false stories to make your employees feel low pay is ok. Like the previous poster said, I would not try to save Aegis on Cafepharma. You should start with your sales force and management that is exiting quickly.

toxgod likes this.
  7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Again, not corporate, just a rep. There is nothing wrong with ethically earning 100k plus. That's the bulk of jobs in the industry and i am proud of my career, but sad to see it nearly ruined by corporate greed and bad reps. You sound to be one of the problems with the industry.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Also, to clarify, i am not trying to save Aegis. Just attempting to get positive sharing on either where we can win, or where we can go. If and when the ship sinks so be it. I personally believe in working til the end or a better opportunity presents. If anyone has constructive ideas please respond. If not, start your own crybaby and finger pointing thread.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To clarify, once again you are from corporate and are incentivized if the company sells and are in fear that everyone is leaving. If you were making 100K at Aegis you would be terminated for losing the company money so there is another one of your lies. Some advice would be to get off cafepharma and go sell and it would get you off performance review but I know your post is fake by trying to put fear in your exiting reps and sales managers so it is irrelevant. You are a coward trying to make a buck! Corporate greed is correct! You must be the problem. Stripping your workers pay down to nothing to increase the value in the company so you can get paid. Hope you sleep well at night. Also the high number of reps and managers leaving each day are getting higher paying jobs from companies that value them but you wouldn’t know that because you are such a hard working honest “good” rep that enjoys making as little as possible. Give me a break. Pathetic you have turned to cafepharma to put fear in your sales team. Your fake posts could get more realistic than this. Come on. Try again

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got a good laugh from that last post! Thanks for the compliments. Yes i am a good hardworking rep that's never earned over 110k. I'm not a big hitter that can walk into my uncles office with my dick swinging and get the business like you apparently. Yet, here you still are. Where's your bigger better job with a company that values you? I've sold successfully in many pharma specialties/ and non h/c related industries and i am off to a successful start here in the last 11 months. Although my first endeavor into the urine world is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Lol The reality is that we change with the times or get pushed aside. No more golden showers for you, anywhere! Every state and insurance will tighten up and the $800- screen will be gone. Good luck to us all in h/c sales of any type. 100-120 plus benies is fine and realistic in my book. Yes the reps juggling 10-20 scs and bringing in 400 plus cups a week- you all deserve to make more, but when the bottom falls out you'll see. Go ahead and tell me, where in h/c sales is better with any stability? Whatcha gonna do next or whatcha gonna do to survive here? That's all I'm asking! No fear mongering by me. Kudos to those that can land a better gig. If they/you own the business, then take it and run, just be careful and don't trip on that big cock of yours on the way.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your "I choose to stay and fight" attitude is awesome, and I admire your fighting attitude! It is also obvious you are very stressed and frustrated!

My best advice for you is to collaborate everyday the Aegis Way -- keep your mouth shut - stay in your lane - most importantly to keep your job - never question your commission statement unless you want to be reprimanded, placed on a PIP, or fired!

This is a sincere reply and not BS!! - and is the best advice a senior rep told me shortly after I started! Because I have your same frustrations, and like you need to keep this job!!

Best of luck!!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alright! Now we're getting somewhere! I will take that advice and use it! It's solid advice. As a "newbie" understanding the culture takes time. I feel the frustration of sr reps that have fealt it the most. Been there myself after 12yrs with a great company that surprise cut my whole division. Every day is a blessing and i am owed nothing but a fair days pay for a fair days work. Make the best of it and hope time and space align for brighter blessings. That said, is it just the 2 of us? Anyone else feel like moving this thread further with positive sharing on how to weather the storm here or rational and ethical ideas regarding career direction should the ship sink. Til then, I'll be bailing water the best i can, within reason.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well I definitely will not trip on my cock because I’m a female. I do less than 400 samples and make well over 100K. I know your not allowed to ask questions about your pay because you will get fired but something is wrong if you are really at 100K. I was not here during the big money days but have heard stories. I do agree that clients are relationship driven with the rep but if I resigned I would not go back to toxicology. We all should be looking because like you said the bottom is close to falling out.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are you not allowed to ask questions about your pay? Are they hiding something? Sounds questionable to me. Successful companies are transparent

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just got on this board and it is hilarious! So you are saying Aegis is going to keep the reps who can’t sell and are content making a 100K and the successful reps who can actually sell and make 250k days are numbered? Seems like Aegis would want there reps to have motivation to make money and sell more. When I was at Aegis the commission structure was the same for everyone. If you can’t make more than 100 K at Aegis you need to go back to Pharm and get signatures. You can be content making your 100K that your so proud of and not have to sell. Sounds like the reps making 250K are carrying your weight and you should be lucky to have a job.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great, instead of a contributor adding value to the direction of the thread, we get another "when i used to have a giant johnson" moron with poor reading comprehension. WHAT i am saying is the market has changed, the reimbursement changed, billing changed, commission changed, Aegis quality changed, etc.
    Aegis will probably "keep" those doing a good job and trying hard to grow and learn (if newer ). The training is poor and it is a complicated and complex arena.
    I don't know what rock you live under, reading this thread if you no longer work here. Also since you must make 2-300k, just for breathing I'd think you'd be getting your balls waxed and taint bleached instead in preparation for the weekend at the ritz servicing your high level accounts.
    Also ,you super salesman you, i bet you'd be happy selling used needles to junkies and proud to brag about how great at selling you are.
    Since you obviously can't understand simple concepts and change management i will redefine the goal of the thread.
    1 what advice do current or recent employees have for being successful at Aegis and selling to specific customer types in the market today.
    2 what other viable, ethical career choices are out there over 100k in h/c sales if Aegis sells/goes under?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So a "newer to tox rep bringing in 100-200 cups a week doesnt equal 100-120 at the current billing and comm structure? Plz stick to the thread request if you respond. What works here or what out there has potential. Thank you madam.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

> Aegis will probably "keep" those doing a good job and trying hard to grow and learn (if newer ).

Not in sales, but this is incorrect - in all departments. Aegis got away from this some time ago. It's easier to keep a job at Aegis by doing what the people at the top are telling you rather than trying to suggest new opportunities or areas of improvement. Those who are doing a good job are no different from those just toeing the line and doing the minimum.

Aegis wasn't always like this, but it evolved into this as the fear of continued cutbacks to revenue loomed and Aegis adopted zero-tolerance risk management policies that choked the innovation and brain centers of the company.

This restriction of continuous improvement and lack of listening caused a hemorrhaging of talent from all areas of the company. There are 3 types of people still left at Aegis: 1) The new hires that have no idea what environment they're actually coming into, 2) The ones that are still drinking the past-success koolaid of Aegis, 3) Those that can't find work elsewhere.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% accurate

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So my key takeaway in staying inline with the intended purpose is... Do what I'm told, don't question management, continue to lose accounts due to industry and aegis realities, & have no hopes of thriving here, since we are no longer competitive. Try to survive until any other job is available. Reassuring, Thanks