The Hunger Games Continue...

Discussion in 'Quintiles' started by anonymous, Sep 29, 2016 at 1:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The rumor is that Q's Corp Comm announced some of the tributes from each district who made it through the first night of the Hunger Games. Looks like IMS won Sourcing (a surprise) and Q won Controller (not a surprise). As for IT, any word or whether AM or RT survived?

I hear people who are not powerful enough to be named in a corp comm blast will learn their fates in the coming week. May the odds ever be in their favor.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RT is out, that was announced a while ago. AM is doing all he can to save his job. The problem for him, aside from his ignorance, complete incompetence and lack of leadership skills, is that he and his posse are very high priced. There must be cuts and as you can see that certain groups were gutted over the past 2 to 3 years. Interestingly enough RT was voicing remorse to his inner circle for bringing in AM to begin with, but of course he blames that on a forced decision from TP. If the IMS decision makers have a clue, they will send AM back to the dying auto industry where he belongs. There are opportunities for some director level people and their staff. We will learn more in the coming weeks.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AM and EH appear to be staying in the new company, but not clear on their orgs, or how motivated they will be to stay (or asked to stay in the next reorg no doubt on its way in 2-4 months) once everything fleshes out.
    What is clear is the confusion.... Multiple folks are being told their bosses are different people in some cases, depending on who you talk to - seems like things are going to get a lot more confusing before they get sorted. However likely correct that there is opportunity to be found given that much of the decimated Global IT-turned-distributed-model seems to be unknown...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RT is out, you say?

My day just got a whole lot better.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For some reason TP seems to think AM is the real deal. I don't get it. I have a feeling my team is about to be split and I just can't work for AM. I've had the opportunity to be on a couple of calls with IMS staff. They are not what you'd call warm or welcoming.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Few possibilities: 1. Am is the lesser of two evils - and perhaps more trustworthy than IMS colleagues in tp eyes; 2. Easier to keep an exec on than pay out a package and hope he leaves as he sees his sphere of influence shrinking; 3. Couldn't decide between edh and am so he kept both and will hunger game them until one or both are gone (or tp himself leaves - doesn't seem clear if he is staying past end of 2017)

Things are about to get interesting. Am wants to pull in many enterprise functions under to whether it makes sense or not. However I don't think the new CIO will let it go quietly and we will find out quickly who our new CEO sides with. Rumor is that am has not been able to sell to him as easily as he did with Q...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

tp is a terrible judge of character and knows nothing about drug development. He has no credentials, no experience and no idea how to support clinical development. His hires are a constant embarrassment. The only people left on the 9th floor are his flunkies. RT is a worthless POS. BK can't even hold a candle. JS is useless. JN couldn't get out of his own way. EP has destroyed the consulting group. tp will be gone by the end of 2017 along with all this dead wood. By the time IMS gets through with the reorg the only thing left standing will be the trials business, and by the time they get rid of the mess that tp has made, the industry will have moved to the competition--JR's move to the competition will be DG and the Q board's legacy. CRO's are a dime a dozen and there are lots of less dysfunctional choices for pharma-biotech to contract with.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not much to discuss. The power is divided by the rich again.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nailed it. IMS has cozy relationships with many CROs. You think they will jeopardize those revenue streams because there is a "Q" in the company name? No way. They will continue to sell data and the Q monitoring business will continue to decline. TP get golden parachute and AM is left holding the bag.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest