The Informed and The Honest

Discussion in 'Cafepharma Playground' started by Man For All Seasons, Jul 6, 2011 at 8:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Fucktard

Fucktard Well-Known Member

I haven't blown anything, with the exception of a penis. You make this sooooo easy. Really, now, you have yet to counter any specific topic that I have brought up other than to call me "self-serving" which in itself is odd, because I am trying to discuss gay rights, and I am not gay. I also am attempting to discuss, not dismiss, and not telling you that every one of my viewpoints is right, proper and Christian.

2. If I make it soooooo easy, why are you the one who always comes out looking sooooooo bad?:D

I'm sure you would like me to forget about the fact that homosexuality is unnatural and unhealthy, but that's because stating those obvious facts puts you at a great disadvantage in the discussion from the very start. Sorry, I won't.

The assumptions you make and the straw men you construct is what's self-serving.

Homosexuality and homosexual marriage can offer nothing of real value to society, therefore it should not be officially sanctioned. People are free to conduct their private lives anyway they want and they have alternative ways of accomplishing any legal actions that they have any business executing.

Part of what this is is a benefits grab and I'm sorry but a gay couple does not need, nor should they have the benefits of a married couple.

3. If the government does not have a legitimate interest in marriage, seeing as how it is the foundation of the building block of society, the family, then you have a difficult time logically saying that the state has any legitimate interest in anything.

Unlike some of you who are apparently too dense to realize that gays cannot create children, some of us realize that since a gay couple cannot have kids, they have no need of marriage. Period. They should not be allowed access to in vitro or artificial insemination and if they have biological children from previous heterosexual relationships they should lose custody. Yeah, I know this will seem outrageous to many of you, but that's because it makes perfect sense and harkens back to a time when we were a saner and more moral society.

Also, a civil union with all the benefits and rights of marriage is simply playing word games. No civil unions and no marriage for gays. Marriage is an inherently heterosexual institution. Private sexual matters in which the state has no legitimate interest such as homosexual acts should not be recognized or awarded legal rights.

4. GorgeousGAMS

GorgeousGAMS Guest

You really have no clue as to the extent and lovingness of the gay community. None. They make wonderful parents and many have and can adopt children. So, on some level, the "government" has already voted against you and your extremist belief system. I know of a few gay couples that have adopted. Guess what? Their kids are fine.

5. #65 Man For All Seasons, Jul 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM
    You have no clue about this issue period. None.

My position is hardly extreme. You're just not smart enough to understand it. If you did, then even if you disagreed, you would realize that my position, still held by the majority of Americans and the dominant position throughout the history of civilization is hardly extreme. Yes, I'm well aware that some states have been stupid enough to allow gay adoption. Those states are clearly putting the welfare of children second to a politically correct gay-pandering agenda. It's sad that you're foolish enough to put ANYTHING ahead of the welfare of children.

Guess what? You anecdotal reports of kids being "fine" with gay parents doesn't cut it. I've explained what's best for children in an earlier post. It's a matter of following nature. It's a matter of playing the odds. It's about putting the welfare of children above the "rights" of gay adults.

The exception proves the rule. The fact that to your observation, the children of the gays you know aren't total train wrecks doesn't change the wisdom of my position. You make this way too complicated. Just where do babies come from? Don't you figure the best situation to raise them is the situation that is responsible for procreation? You are so totally far behind in this debate it's not even funny. I'll give you a hint: Closing your eyes to the reality of basic biology and normality is not a valuable asset for you in this discussion.

6. Thanks for the info.

7. It's so much fun when I get some of you folks in the position I have GG in now.

So, you want to talk gay parenting? Well, well, check out this statement from the American College of Pediatrics. I wonder how you politically correct dupes are going to try to spin this one as you were foolish enough to really think that T had done something awhile back by referencing the APA on whether or not homosexuality is a disorder (I'll get back to that eventually)

I'm sure the APA is a bunch of wise geniuses and the ACP is a bunch of Neanderthals, right? LOL!

But anyway, I'm afraid you can consider your anecdotal observations trumped now GG!:D

Oh, the quote is from 2004, a scant 7 years ago. Hardly the dark ages. Don't know if their position has changed, don't care. For if it has, like the APA change, it will have been because of political pressure from the gay lobby, not solid new science! Enjoy!:D

in 2004, the American College of Pediatricians stated the following regarding homosexual parenting:

“ Children reared in homosexual households are more likely to experience sexual confusion, practice homosexual behavior, and engage in sexual experimentation. Adolescents and young adults who adopt the homosexual lifestyle, like their adult counterparts, are at increased risk of mental health problems, including major depression, anxiety disorder, conduct disorder, substance dependence, and especially suicidal ideation and suicide attempts...

The research literature on childrearing by homosexual parents is limited. The environment in which children are reared is absolutely critical to their development. Given the current body of research, the American College of Pediatricians believes it is inappropriate, potentially hazardous to children, and dangerously irresponsible to change the age-old prohibition on homosexual parenting, whether by adoption, foster care, or by reproductive manipulation. This position is rooted in the best available science."

Hmm, seems to me that the ACP has the same common sense "extremist" position as I do! LOL!

You people, particularly you GG, make this too easy! You really should try to adopt a more objective view on these issues.

8. GorgeousGAMS

GorgeousGAMS Guest

Come on. . .why do you do this? I can find this, you find that, round and round we go. I have evidence that will support my view, you have yours. You and I both know that we can find ANY viewpoint in the literature or online. It is pointless. All that matters is the people and their rights. You have some BS idealistic view of a society that HAS NEVER EXISTED. Period.

9. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

Why don't you quit the cut n paste routine and discuss some thing instead repeating the same few lines ad nauseum.

10. Fucktard

We are not simply talking about sexual acts or matters. We are talking about 2 people, in a committed relationship, who get a civil union license and are now (and/or should be) in a relationship that is recognized just as any hetero civil union.

11. ~T~

~T~ Member

The ACP has a nice official sounding name and all 'American College of Pediatricians' but they are a fringe group..a very small out of step fringe group...200 members to be exact. Their views are at great odds with a much larger group namely the American Academy of Pediatrics and many other notable medical and child welfare authorities. Don't even go there MFer..you're painting yourself into a corner.

12. Breakingnews

Breakingnews Well-Known Member

That is all that MFer is capable of doing - He just blindly follows his christian dogma to show up and throw up here on CP.

13. Vagitarian

Exactly, I call on pediatricians almost exclusively and I have yet to see a business card that says, ACP. 99.9% proudly note FAAP (Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics). The funny thing about MF is when he's painted in a corner, he doesn't even know it. :cool:

14. Vagitarian

He shows up, we throw up.

15. Just to be doing something different, why don't you grow up.

16. Vagitarian

I'm as grown up as I ever wanna be. :cool:

17. Breakingnews

Breakingnews Well-Known Member

So says the CP Face of Tourettes.

18. Fucktard

Holy crap, I thought that was Mr. F smarting off to Vag.

19. No, I'm afraid you're the one who has painted themselves into a corner.

First, all you do is make a biased ad hominem attack on the ACP. What you neglected to do, because you can't, is factually contradict their statement which is based upon the facts and sound reasoning.

And you blew your credibility with the 200 figure. The fact is you don't know how many members they have, much less "exact"(ly).

Typical of your type of politically correct dupe who thinks they know, but are really gullible and ignorant.

20. Ah, we are talking about sexual acts or matters and what sexual acts have procreative possibilities. I know that puts you in a big hole, but that's just too bad.

People can be in a committed relationship all they want. Nobody's stopping them. Nobody's stopping them from engaging in perverted homosexual sex acts, its just that they don't get special rights for choosing to do so. It's just that if they are gay, then their "committed relationship" need not be recognized and legitimized by the state and any sane society will not allow them to have children.

You're the one who keeps babbling about the government having no business in relationships and when it comes to homosexual ones, you are right.

Keep it in the closet where such perversion of God's design belongs!;)