The Long Goodbye

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by anonymous, Oct 26, 2019 at 8:44 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did your consulting group tell you what was going to happen with my productivity as I ran out the clock because you told me and my peers we are no longer needed? I’ve been in distribution for my whole career and held it together with my customers and Cardinal through MBT and you name the any number of shit shows to date. The most recent TSA and Category Management debacles have me saying “no mas.” In fact, I’d rather be in the ring with Sugar Ray taking Robeto’s punches for the remaining rounds versus getting treated like garbage around this place. Distribution was so devalued over the years and now your putting a crack team of HSEs and support services in place with the idea that they are going to solve it all. I’ll grab the popcorn and watch this horror story continue to unfold. What’s so laughable is that while Amazon rose to the Goliath it it by being the best at getting customers what they want when they want it, Cardinal couldn’t manage being Essential by getting customers what they need when they need it. Think about that and what we do. Then ask yourself why were we in such a rush to push people like MH and the rest of us out the door. I’ve got about a month more to go and nobody has even gotten around to asking me what I know and what the next person will need to know. I guess you plan to look in Salesforce. It’d be funny if it weren’t so sad.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After losing my best friends at work, I am just sad. Sad that CAH made some seriously bad decisions and keeps making them. Did the Boston Consulting Group think about the impact of the lay-offs and the lies you told? And yes, SFDC is a joke. If you honestly think I am going to put anything real in there, you are sadly mistaken. And even if I did, it doesn't matter. I can't tell you how many times I have updated it only to get nasty grams about it not being right. Go be an HSE? Why? We are so afraid of our customers because we can't do anything right that even if I did close more business, it's not like it would actually get to them.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s incredibly sad what has happened. Nobody wants any information from anyone when they leave. These people are so arrogant and ignorant. All the good people have left, were already pushed out, or are soon departing. I’m gleefully watching from the sidelines for this Titanic heading towards the iceberg. Sell all your stocks if you haven’t already. This company is going down in flames. Who wants to be associated with a company so negligent with the opioid crisis? Not me.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The problems they created on the medical segment side (i.e. reorg, Covidien leadership, layoffs, mass exodus, people they wanted to retain now resigning daily) will have a much worse impact to the business than the opioid crisis payouts.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And the sad part is that they don't even understand it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any predictions on the amount of business that will be lost within the next year? We’re pushing people out with existing relationships with some of our largest customers. What’s keeping them from going to a competitor and taking the business, especially since we can’t even deliver on our promises, can’t deliver product timely, and are consistently failing in the marketplace? These individuals were pushing out know our strategy, know our pricing, know our competitive advantage. They don’t even have to disclose where they are going to work, until it’s too late for Cardinal.

In my opinion, that’s the best way to get rid of these POOR LEADERS. take the business until they are left with nothing but excuses. They won’t know how to dig themselves out.... thoughts?

And for the sales reps left, I feel for you. They may make it seem like you will make more money, but that extra income is just coming from the other sales reps they laid off. You will be required to do more with less, so I hope you have prepared for less work-life balance. Your per hourly rate will be lower, so what’s your rationale for staying?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your per hourly rate will be lower, so what’s your rationale for staying?[/QUOTE]

I haven't been able to find another job because this one was so bad my customers no longer trust me. That's the only reason I am still here.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is life after this place. I’m living proof of that. Not only life, but a release from the sadness made from being somewhere where the primary thought was “remember when”. As in remember when this company was the best? When it was like family? When the leadership knew what to do to be successful and could execute a plan? When we were fairly compensated? Now sadly only memories of an era long gone. And hanging around based on memories is simply wasted time.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You nailed exactly how I feel. I'm just so sad and depressed and the people I would normally talk to about are the people who are leaving and then I just end up more depressed. On top of that, I got my non-commission, commission statement and am even angrier and sadder. The only reason I am not making my number is due to crap out of my control and our inability to get customers what they need. When we throw out bullshit excuses like, "they missed their delivery time" do they not understand our customers can just call the manufacturers and find out the real story?? Do you realize how dumb I look because CAH can't even get their core business right?? I am wasting my time and looking forward to new opportunities cause this is like hanging out at a funeral home.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I work in a different part of Cardinal and know very little about your part of the company (because silos). I saw an HSE job posting and thought it sounded interesting. Based on what I'm reading here, it doesn't seem like a good idea to pursue it. Things are OK in my part of the company right now but future prospects are tenuous. I thought moving into the hospital space would be a good idea, especially in terms of job security. So I will ask you all directly: would you move into an HSE role if it was offered to you? Thank you.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DO NOT MOVE TO ACUTE. Acute has always had a high opinion of themselves, and they don’t have many people moving into that division from outside in a promotional sense. It is going to take years to clean up the cluster fuck in acute. Luckily, the other divisions are functioning fairly well. If you are in lab, stay there. If you are in ambulatory, stay. If you are in optifreight, I would stay. However everyone I have met in OF is an idiot, but it’s better to be king of the idiots than shit on in acute. If you are in post-acute, GTFO. Lab and ambulatory are the best spots to be right now. There aren’t many promotable opps though

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest